Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi
Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi

u might have read something similiar b4

ME_T Senior Member
ME_T
ME_T

Posted: 23 January 2005 at 6:06am | IP Logged
Meet Hiten and Gauri
Hiten a commerce graduate from Jaihind College, Mumbai, has always been interested in acting. While in college he worked with the theatre group, Ankur. Moving from college plays to the ramp was easy for Hiten. Ad films followed and made him a familiar face. Among his more recent ad films are Savlon, Close-up and Breeze.

"Ad films were fun but then it isn't a regular source of income," points out Hiten. "I was always interested in acting, so when Balaji Telefilms advertised for new faces for their serials I sent in my photographs. I was one amongst hundreds of others who were auditioned and lucky to be selected," recalls Hiten. "That's how I got my first break in a small role in Ghar Ek Mandir."

Gauri hails from a family with an army background. So she has spent her entire childhood in Kashmir and Udhampur. After her 12th, she joined the Ace Academy for Modelling in Pune just for the heck of it during her vacation. Modelling for ramp shows followed and led to her taking part in the Miss India beauty contest in 1998. "At that time acting was the last thing on my mind. But after one and a half years of modelling, I realised it wasn't my scene at all.

The atmosphere and lifestyle in the modelling world just didn't go with my upbringing and values so I wanted to opt out of it. That's when the role of Noor Jehan was offered to me and I took it on," says Gauri.

The 'Small' Beginning
Hiten has had good roles in the other serials that followed like Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli and Kahin Kissi Roz.. "But this is the first time that I play the main lead. What I am really happy about is the fact that I have a role with varying shades. I play a negative character in the beginning and then as the story progresses, go on to become a positive character.

It is this couple that hate each other, who watch the complete disintegration of their family, and then as the story goes on, they get together to reunite the family," explains Hiten.

For Gauri, Noor Jehan came at a time when she was looking for a change from the modelling scene. "I had never done theatre or any acting in my school days but I began to enjoy acting while doing Noor Jehan. Both my roles in Noor Jehan and Kutumb are very close to the real me. I am very strong headed and believe in my principles."

The 'Breezy' encounter
Gauri and Hiten first met each other during an ad film. Little did they know then that the two would be starring opposite each other in a teleserial in lead roles. Recalls Hiten that it was an ad for Breeze that they had done together. "We had met then and so you can say we knew each other from before."

"We were in Hyderabad for 2-3 days to shoot that ad. That's when the two of us met. But I don't talk much and I spent much of my time reading a book. But Hiten is a nice guy to work with and I am comfortable with him," says Gauri.

With Balaji's Blessings
Hiten's association with Balaji goes back a long way to his acting debut in Balaji's most successful teleserial Ghar Ek Mandir. Ghar Ek Mandir was followed by Kabhi Sauten Kabhi Saheli, Kahin Kissi Roz and now Kutumb. Working with Balaji's Kutumb family is like one happy family says Hiten. "The work atmosphere is very good. We have a lot of fun on the sets. Balaji is a very profess-ional company to work with. Ekta amazes me. I don't know how she does it but she actually knows everything that is happening on the sets.

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 23 January 2005 at 9:48am | IP Logged
THANX 4 SHARING!

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top