heavy bookbags are a problem?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey guys

Back with another topic.

What do you guys think about heavy bookbags and the problems they create?

Yesterday my friends were giving me a lecture on how i was going to kill myself with scoliosis or osteoporosis because i carry bookbags that weigh much more than me and i don't get enough calcium.
 boy did they scare meπŸ˜†

i was thinking, whats your input on all of this?....any tips on reducing book bag weight? any one else in the same situation or got a disease because of this?

do share & have fun

-Aditi
Nice topic, Aditi!

I have heard a lot about it, and have personally carried some very heavy books, but it didn't cause me any long lasting problems except that sometimes I would have backache.

Well, if your teachers want you to bring books to class, there's not much you can do reduce the weight you have to carry them. Unless you can get your work done that very day and leave them in your locker so you won't have to carry them with you all day. 

I used to have that problem in HS, but now that I'm in college, I don't quite have to carry all the books, rather, I do the reading at home, so it's not much of a problem.

-Mahi
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Nice topic, Aditi!

I have heard a lot about it, and have personally carried some very heavy books, but it didn't cause me any long lasting problems except that sometimes I would have backache.

Well, if your teachers want you to bring books to class, there's not much you can do reduce the weight you have to carry them. Unless you can get your work done that very day and leave them in your locker so you won't have to carry them with you all day. 

I used to have that problem in HS, but now that I'm in college, I don't quite have to carry all the books, rather, I do the reading at home, so it's not much of a problem.

-Mahi

Thanks for replying Mahi and thanks for the tips.😊
I try to reduce as much as i can...its just that, when i am in a rush, or when i am upset, my head doesn't think straight and i end up bringing home my entire locker...full of unnecessary books, which i have to stop.
I also imagine that once i am in College i won't have such a problem either, but for now, must deal with it.
one thing that i found really helpful was converting all of my subjects except 2 into 1 binder, so that it takes up less space and even weighs less.
slight back pain is the worst its ever gotten for me too...next time my book bag gets too heavy i guess i'll just pay some strong dude to carry it for meπŸ˜†
-Aditi

Okay, I thought I was the only one who experinced this problem πŸ˜† I'm glad the feelings mutual πŸ˜†.

Hmm... well I prefer carrying as less books as possible so I don't really like to bring unncessary books to school, however my shoulders still hurt.
I usually take totes/handbags to school and what makes it worse is that I'm pretty bony round my shoulders area and so all you see is my neckline all red afterwards πŸ˜” Though it's a good thing we have school uni-form in a way as the blazers pretty much cover up everything, but then again I always take it off especially in the summer πŸ˜†
And yeah my shoulders hurt too, but not so much of my back (I guess thats because I don't carry a rucksack, but I'm sure if I did i'd be in painπŸ˜†)

I prefer holding binders and such then putting it into my bag, but then again I'm not so much of a 'holder' πŸ˜† soo..

But it's weird because my friends' bags are usually wayyy heavier than mine and yet still they never complain about their back/shoulders πŸ˜•πŸ˜†
Edited by xacidous.arshx - 14 years ago