Debate Mansion

A person suppose to commit suicude, your reaction? (Page 10)

Post Reply New Post

Page 10 of 10

Page 1 Page 9
Page   of 10

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by vinay.batra

What would you do if you met someone who was suppose to commit suicude? I have never ever thought about such situation until the last friday. when i saw a viki ki texi show on REAL channel, where a mafia guy sit into viki's texi and telling consistantly "Aaj mera aakhri din hai" anyways that's the TV show.

But what if you go through such situation?

Why is he supposed.. to!!!!???LOLLOLLOL.. is this something to do with honor or FBI, or mafia/terrorist code?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A person suppose to commit suicude, your reaction? (Page 10)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

^ ^

Way too much complicated for my brain to comprehend.

Let me try to help too .(from what i understand )

Firstly, i take it that you are clear about active and passive euthanasia. So , RTH ji seems to be supporting active euthanasia because a lethal injection causes death without pain while in passive euthanasia, one dies a very painful death !

Secondly , from the term "dignity of death" , i guess she means to say simply that a person should be given the right to chose death when that person becomes too independent on other individuals even for basic stuff (even though that person might not be on machines) because for an otherwise independently thinking and acting individual, such a life would be worthless.

good u polished her brain really well....LOL

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 07 August 2009 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Originally posted by return_to_hades

^ ^

To the witch,

From the article I had read about Euthanasia [written by you] I am assuming you support euthanasia only when the other alternative for the patient is death, and that too a much more painful one, and unnecessarily making the patient live would mean a waste of both country and persona resources? And finally, that the patient is not 'killed', but to 'let die', i.e. like taking off the supports like oxygen and stuffs that are given to the patient (that i using an unnatural mean to make the patient live, and something that would have been next to impossible even a century before), contrary to injecting lithium and others that would 'kill' the patient instead of letting him die?

Is my evaluation correct? (Oh, didn't we discuss this once in the Abortion thread?).

You are halfway right. Yes in the case of painful terminal illness as in terminal cancer or other fatal injury I do support euthanasia. However, instead of 'passive' euthanasia, I support 'active' euthanasia. See in a terminally ill patient life support devices, pain killers provide comfort. Taking them away lets the person die, but it is a cruel and unusual death. I'd rather give the lethal injection so they can die quickly and painlessly.

Also I do support forms of euthanasia in exception to terminal illness in what I consider 'dignity in death'. If a person is vegetated, or in a situation where they are embarrassingly dependent on others, I think they have the right to choose death. I personally am a very independent minded individual, the fact that someone ever has to sponge me, clean up my waste etc taking away the self reliance and dignity I had in my youth is something that is emotionally unbearable. Yes, its pure fickle pride, but I'd rather die than be a senile vegetable.

I agree with this.

How about another angle? Religious "suicides" for example. In some religions there are acceptable methods of giving up one's life (after completing all necessary duties as dictated by the religion and performing the proper rituals/rites, penances, etc). Should we be ok with that? I remember there was some controversy about some Jain woman who decided to starve herself to death in accordance with her religion (if you read Jain literature and mythology, there are many many stories of people who live out their lives, then take up asceticism before finally giving up their lives via prolonged fasting; this is called 'Santhara' and is acceptable in Jainism). Should we be ok with that as a religious right? Is stopping such a person going against their freedom to practice their religion?

@topic: maybe I'll try to save the person if it's a hot woman. Evil Smile

only thing i would say - by all means kill... just dont kill yourself.. there is nothing once you are dead...SmileLOLConfused

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 08 August 2009 at 11:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

@mahikhan---how came No entry !!? u wanna break the rules!!

Oh God i just noticed your post,vinu ji......LOL
Yeah we love to enter the no entry areas i was talking abt the dialogue you said...lolTongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sohni_kuri

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 08 August 2009 at 11:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by clodpolish

^ ^

Way too much complicated for my brain to comprehend.

Let me try to help too .(from what i understand )

Firstly, i take it that you are clear about active and passive euthanasia. So , RTH ji seems to be supporting active euthanasia because a lethal injection causes death without pain while in passive euthanasia, one dies a very painful death !

Secondly , from the term "dignity of death" , i guess she means to say simply that a person should be given the right to chose death when that person becomes too independent on other individuals even for basic stuff (even though that person might not be on machines) because for an otherwise independently thinking and acting individual, such a life would be worthless.

good u polished her brain really well....LOL
@Bolded:POH is a ladyTongueLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sohni_kuri

Post Reply New Post

Go to top