Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sanjay Dutt banned from contesting elections (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

jhustju

jhustju

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=Zareena]Manyata may replace Sanjay in Lucknow

By: Shashank Rao     Date: 2009-03-31     

Sanjay Dutt may not be Samajwadi Party's cadidate from Lucknow after the apex court turned down his plea to contest Lok Sabha elections, but the Bollywood actor will still be the face.

Post SC decision, Sanjay Dutt said at a press meet, "I respect SC decision, but will continue to stay in Lucknow. The seat belongs to me and I will be with the candidate in the future."

If rumours are to be believed then Dutt's wife Manyata will contest on the seat. Although there were talks that Jaya Bachchan could be SP's cadidate from Lucknow.

Maharashtra unit chief of Samajwadi Party, Abu Asim Azmi said, "Party leaders haven't yet decided, but Manyata may replace Dutt in Lucknow. Jaya Bachchan will be campaigning in rest of India."

However, Sanjay Dutt said that the party will decide on Manyata's candidature.

http://www.mid-day.com/news/2009/mar/310309-Manyata-may-replace-Sanjay-in-Lucknow.htm[/QUOTE]

What the hell does he mean by the "the seat belongs to me".  Star children always have such a HUGE sense of entitlement

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sanjay Dutt banned from contesting elections (Page 4)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:07pm | IP Logged
Disappointed!

By: Upala KBRDate: 2009-04-01

Is the general sentiment among friends and family about Dutt not being allowed to contest elections

Though Sanjay Dutt is disappointed at not being allowed by the Supreme Court to contest the parliamentary elections from Lucknow on the Samajwadi Party ticket, he hasn't retreated into a shell or gone into depression.

We catch up with family members and close friends of Sanjay Dutt:

Sunil Shetty

It's very unfortunate that Baba (Sanjay Dutt) couldn't contest but I am sure they have a strategy in place.

I know for a fact that he was drawing more crowds in Lucknow than anyone in the history of politics and it would have been brilliant for his party as Sanju would have been a sure-shot winner.

I would have loved campaigning for him and nobody could have kept me away. Apart from being a dear friend of mine, he's a great human being.

I have never campaigned for political parties but for my friends. Sanju never asked me to campaign. I volunteered on my own.

Sanju knows I will always be there for him. I know many stars who promised to campaign but shied away.

I would never do that. I am personally very disappointed that Sanju couldn't contest. We need good people like him in politics.

Bunty Walia

(a close friend and producer of Dutt's film Lamhaa) I am disappointed but I guess that's the law of the land. I tried calling him after the verdict but he was travelling so I couldn't get through.

It would have been great if he had been granted permission. Sanju is a darling of the masses and he could have got certain issues to the government.

Being in the Parliament as an MP was the best platform for him to voice the opinion of the people as the common man's voice is heard there.

But I am sure even if he's not able to contest, Sanju has his goodwill and good work. He will always be there to help the people and make his voice heard.

Amitabh Bachchan

The decision of the Honourable Supreme Court must be respected.

Namrata Dutt (Dutt's sister)

I wouldn't like to comment on this. It's a decision of the Honourable Supreme Court.

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/apr/010409-Sanjay-Dutt-parliamentary-elections-Samajwadi-Party-ticket.htm

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Lage Raho, Duttbhai!

By: Subhash K JhaDate: 2009-04-01

Signs as many as five films. PS: Did he know he wouldn't be able to contest elections?

Sanjay Dutt probably had an inkling that he wouldn't be able to contest the Lok Sabha elections. That's precisely why he said yes to as many as 5 new assignments in the last couple of months.

In fact producers wishing to meet Dutt are being given time in Lucknow for negotiations and story sessions.

Before leaving for Lucknow, Sanjay aid yes to The Fast & The Furious director Rob Cohen's first Bollywood project to be produced by Firoz Nadiadwala.

Dutt will share screen space with Amitabh Bachchan again (after Shootout At Lokhandwala) in this film.

Sanjay Dutt Productions CEO, Dharam Oberoi says, "Mr Dutt is clearly telling the industry he's available for as many films as he used to be, politics or no politics."

Cleverly, Sanjay Dutt has let the film industry know that he would have no problems resuming his on-hold film career after contesting the elections.

Up next is the Ajay Devgan comedy All The Best directed by Rohit Shetty, Anil Kapoor's No Problem directed by Anees Bazmee.

He also said yes to new films by producers Sohail Maklai and Indra Kumar (who's making a sequel to the Dutt-Riteish Deshmukh-Arshad Warsi-Jaaved Jaaferi comedy Dhamaal).

http://mid-day.com/entertainment/2009/apr/010409-Sanjay-Dutt-Lok-Sabha-elections-Lucknow-Firoz-Nadiadwala.htm

dizzyonlemonade

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

HariOm

Goldie

HariOm

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 10:35am | IP Logged
Good News!!
Now apply the same rules for Laloo and other criminals turned politicians

Zareena

IF-Stunnerz

Zareena

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Laloo did something too?

nerdynerd

Goldie

nerdynerd

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Wooohoooo! Now I just hope that his troll-ish wife doesn't stand up for election! I am not as aware of indian politics as I should be but isn't there any criteria for prior experience in politics to actually get a seat in the Parliament? Seems so ridiculous that any of these "stars" can just get a seat without any experience or knowledge and have them 'sleep' their time off the whole time!

Aaliya-Rafa

Goldie

Aaliya-Rafa

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *guesswho*

Wooohoooo! Now I just hope that his troll-ish wife doesn't stand up for election! I am not as aware of indian politics as I should be but isn't there any criteria for prior experience in politics to actually get a seat in the Parliament? Seems so ridiculous that any of these "stars" can just get a seat without any experience or knowledge and have them 'sleep' their time off the whole time!

Valid points. I also find it quite surprising how Bollywood stars can easily wiggle their way into politics. I would rather not see Sanjay Dutt's wife involved in politics and frankly speaking, the idea sounds ridiculous anyway. And yes, Sanjay Dutt should not be involved in Politics either, purely based on legal reasons. No one is above the law, not even Bollywood stars who at times think they are!

I'm also shocked at Sanjay Dutt's treatment of his sister. She stood by him, along with their father, when most people had given up on him. And now his wife is his entire world. Yes she is his wife and therefore holds an important position in his life but that doesn't mean he should give up on other relationships that are equally special. If his sister does not like his wife, perhaps she has good reason to feel that way. And even if Sanjay does not like this, that still doesn't justify his behaviour towards his sister. I do not wish to offend any Sanjay fans but I find such men spineless.

Edited by *Aaliya* - 01 April 2009 at 12:19pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top