Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: Rage-Of-Angels

Sure why not, Smuggling, stealing only happens because of illegality of drugs doesnt eh? The drug dealers wont profit if drugs were made legal, the black market would go down the hill - drugs such as nicotine and alcohol that is perhaps more addictive and dangerous is readily available why not illegal drugs - especially the C class drugs such as Hash, Coke etc.

Xoxo

I don't know exactly what is the meaning of more addictive. However, the fact is there are better measures like catching the smugglers to prevent smuggling.We shouldn't be thinking about the profit the drug dealers make and how we can reduce it, we should concentrate on catching them,isn't it ?

Originally posted by: clodpolish

I don't know exactly what is the meaning of more addictive. However, the fact is there are better measures like catching the smugglers to prevent smuggling.We shouldn't be thinking about the profit the drug dealers make and how we can reduce it, we should concentrate on catching them,isn't it ?

Nicotine is the most addictive drug yet legal compared to some of the less addictive illegal drugs...and how exactly are we planning to catch the smugglers? why not catch the terrorist, the don and all other bad people in the world eh ? πŸ˜† the problem is we cant just cos there are soo many in the black-market - if we make drugs legal, we are basically taking their employment from them  -They sell mixed drugs that is the most harmful for the body, plus sell it more expensive and to the underage - atleast making drugs legal would prevent all that, it would be cheaper so less crimes would have to be committed by addicts to feed on their habits, there would be an age restriction to it, preventing underage addicts - also selling pure drugs legally would cause less harms to the body.

Follow my path?  πŸ˜†

Xoxo
Mindbender thumbnail

Nicotine is the most addictive drug yet legal compared to some of the less addictive illegal drugs...and how exactly are we planning to catch the smugglers? why not catch the terrorist, the don and all other bad people in the world eh ?πŸ˜† the problem is we cant just cos there are soo many in the black-market - if we make drugs legal, we are basically taking their employment from them -They sell mixed drugs that is the most harmful for the body, plus sell it more expensive and to the underage - atleast making drugs legal would prevent all that, it would be cheaper so less crimes would have to be committed by addicts to feed on their habits, there would be an age restriction to it, preventing underage addicts - also selling pure drugs legally would cause less harms to the body.

Follow my path? πŸ˜†

Xoxo

It seems more like a shortcutπŸ˜†

I'll just say that i am in support of illegalising even those "less addictive drugs" . I am ill equipped with the knowledge about drug dealers, but i am against legalising anything that is wrong.

Moreover,i am not so sure about the fact that ready availability of drugs won't increase drug addicts. Indeed i am quite sure of the opposite.

Regarding taking employment of drug dealers away in this fashion, i think first of all catching them is the best, however it seems to be a poor idea. Anyways, if you take employment of drug dealers away , do you think they will follow some very good legal path thereon ?

Cloddy !

Well taking their employment away is getting rid of Illegal aspect of their life, following other path such as what>? terrorists, robbers etc? well bad would remain bad forever - there is a chance they could be re-formed if given the opportunity of better employment from the government etc/

Readily available drugs i doubt would increase the addicts, the people who want to became addicts do so illegally - others morals and ethics would come first before they sniff something illegally etc - at-least making them readily available would reduce the under-age addicts and 90% of drug related crimes.

Xoxo
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

To reduce smuggling, stealing etc of drugs, make them readily available?

I don't buy that.

Did you read the entire bhashan I had posted.

Its more than meets the eye. Its not as simplistic as "reducing smuggling". We have to assess what harms are being caused to society by banning drugs vs what harms will be caused by allowing drugs.

Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Did you read the entire bhashan I had posted.

Its more than meets the eye. Its not as simplistic as "reducing smuggling". We have to assess what harms are being caused to society by banning drugs vs what harms will be caused by allowing drugs.

nah, but ROA 's main point was that only, so thats what i was countering

I'll read that later😊

@ROA ji, i'll respond to you later after reading RTH ji's post even laterπŸ˜†

Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago
Cloddy my main point was more than just reducing crime LOL

i dont think you have been over all the posts - i assume reading RTH answer would be sufficient for you..covers many of the point....

Xoxo
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Cloddy !

Well taking their employment away is getting rid of Illegal aspect of their life, following other path such as what>? terrorists, robbers etc? well bad would remain bad forever So U R saying that once drugs R made legal, the smugglers get out of job so they move on to a more dangerous one like a terrorist or a robber. Thats some promotion indeed ! - there is a chance they could be re-formed if given the opportunity of better employment from the government etc/  But U urself said above that bad will remain bad forever or have U changed ur mind πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Readily available drugs i doubt would increase the addicts, the people who want to became addicts do so illegally - others morals and ethics would come first before they sniff something illegally etc - at-least making them readily available would reduce the under-age addicts now why wud legalising drugs reduce underage addicts? πŸ˜• will the overage continue to increase? and 90% of drug related crimes.

Xoxo

_Angie_ thumbnail

To reduce smuggling, stealing etc of drugs, make them readily available?

I don't buy that.

Neither do I  ! πŸ˜ƒ looks like a case of legalising things if U cant control them while they R illegal  It sort of reflects failure on the part of law enforcers . If U fail to curb any menace do U solve the problem by making it legal 😲 By that logic corruption shud B legalised too as a lot of black money is involved which if legalised wud come into mainstream economy. If this trend goes on I wonder wherev it will all end up !!! Start legalising every crime that cant B controlled & U have no crime on ur hands as everything is legal now 😲 What a novel way of solving the ills of society !!!

_Angie_ thumbnail

instead of teaching why drugs is bad for you in some boring lecture rooms why not show the students some real junkie and their life - im sure that would turn many off.

Xoxo

This can B done without having to legalise drugs. We hav ppl admitted in de addiction centres . Documentaries made on them can b shown to ppl to make them aware of the harmful effects of drugs. Creating proper awareness right from the school level  wud discourage ppl from experimenting with these. This is where we shud B concentrating rather than legalising drugs. Many teenagers take to drugs under peer pressure or B coz they feel its trendy . An adequate level of awareness will dissuade them . when the demand for these drugs  goes down the market will also decrease & so wud smuggling etc connected with it.
So emphasis shud B towards decreasing the abuse of these drugs by ppl