Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

do you think bollywood movies are (Page 7)

angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 4:29am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 10:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by clodpolish

wht i mean is........... the basic themes are the same. earlier also there was a heroine hero and a villian with a love story and all that now also its the same concepts only the presentation has changed as people have also changed.
well, what else can happen in a love story ? ya presentation has changed, even other things have changed , other kind of movies have gained an audience isn't it ?
well i surely go to watch a movie of my favs. so in that way who is there in the movies does matter to me.
hmm all the movies of your favourite?

ya all the movies of my fav. not only that if for example u have an aamir khan or hrithik's movie released then surely all want to see them. the A grade actors dont ask for so many crores just like that. they are the ones who pull the audience to the theaters.

They are the ones who pull audiences including people like you(i am not being offensive, or trying to say what you do is wrong, etc , ....just stating a factSmile) , but there is a vast section of audience which comes to theatres based on word of mouth appreciation also. Such people decide whether the film is a hit or not ! Otherwise all films of these actors would be super hits !

Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

DDLJ,-1995

HAHK- 1994,

QSQT - 1988

Sholay- 1975

YKB - 1973

well, from 73 to 95 , only 5 movies fit the bill according to you,

and we have OSO releasing only 2 yrs back,

so i guess everything's the same in this regardLOL

return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

DDLJ,-1995

HAHK- 1994,

QSQT - 1988

Sholay- 1975

YKB - 1973

These were just examples. I am a fan of KJo and his movies. For me Bollywood is lacking the feel good factor - the commercial cinema like Welcome and Singh is king you mentioned is of mindless variety - not feel good variety.

But what makes me feel good does not necessarily make everyone else feel good, nor does everyone want to feel good.
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 9:36pm | IP Logged

DDLJ,-1995

HAHK- 1994,

QSQT - 1988

Sholay- 1975

YKB - 1973

These were just examples. I am a fan of KJo and his movies. For me Bollywood is lacking the feel good factor - the commercial cinema like Welcome and Singh is king you mentioned is of mindless variety - not feel good variety.

ya, i also don't like them ! Even if mindless, i like humour which is mindful, but here the humour is also mindlessLOL

But what makes me feel good does not necessarily make everyone else feel good, nor does everyone want to feel good.
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 31 March 2009 at 11:25pm | IP Logged

wht i mean is........... the basic themes are the same. earlier also there was a heroine hero and a villian with a love story and all that now also its the same concepts only the presentation has changed as people have also changed.
well, what else can happen in a love story ? ya presentation has changed, even other things have changed , other kind of movies have gained an audience isn't it ?
well i surely go to watch a movie of my favs. so in that way who is there in the movies does matter to me.
hmm all the movies of your favourite?

ya all the movies of my fav. not only that if for example u have an aamir khan or hrithik's movie released then surely all want to see them. the A grade actors dont ask for so many crores just like that. they are the ones who pull the audience to the theaters.

They are the ones who pull audiences including people like you(i am not being offensive, or trying to say what you do is wrong, etc , ....just stating a factSmile) , but there is a vast section of audience which comes to theatres based on word of mouth appreciation also. Such people decide whether the film is a hit or not ! Otherwise all films of these actors would be super hits !

agreee and the people from whome these vast audience take reviews are people like me who go and watch first day first show. and therefore i saud they pull the audience to movies not make a movie hit.
a movie is a hit only if it is nice.

cool !Big smile

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 7:29am | IP Logged
If a film run 100days in a theater it not means its a Good film!! SmileI think we can call its a audience film...

Go to top