Debate Mansion

do you think bollywood movies are (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 8

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 8
Page 4 Page 8

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Movies R made with the audience in mind. Whatever sells is dished out in large nos WinkLOL

But that's exactly what worries me. Apparently what sells these days is Mallika Sherawat - which leaves me worried for the future of our desi boys.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do you think bollywood movies are (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 9:33am | IP Logged
But WA Malika is flop today... Amir Khan sells today ( producer /director/actor)

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 10:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by angie.4u

Movies R made with the audience in mind. Whatever sells is dished out in large nos WinkLOL

But that's exactly what worries me. Apparently what sells these days is Mallika Sherawat - which leaves me worried for the future of our desi boys.
LOL , our desi as well as videshi boys R drooling over mallika sherawat , no doubt about that LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

i think if you are talking about the western influence only, i say then nothing is wrong with bollywood cos whole india is west obsessedAngryLOL

I'm not thinking of anything in particular. Just lack of feel good cinema or simply fun cinema, period. Too many people are making slicker multiplex cinema instead of cinema for the masses.

I'm an opening night kind of gal. POTC, LOTR, and such. I could careless if the entire cast was naked, it has to be campout worthy. Cinema should be epic, larger than life, and in Bollywood that means more dreams, more flowers, more running around trees. I might be the only person complaining about lack of kitsch.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged

Reality cinema , i guess, you have forgotten completely about.

Anurag Kashyap's movies, Madhur Bhandarkar's movies, then "A wednesday" , "aamir" , these are some of the best of bollywood, however for a conservative audience they might generally be unacceptable.

If I wanted to watch reality I would stand on the sidewalk and watch people move.

Reality cinema is for when people want to think and ponder. Introspectively reflect on life and its nuances. Think critically. Thats whats the internets is fors. LOL

I want good old fashioned mass audience cinema.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 6:52pm | IP Logged

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

i think if you are talking about the western influence only, i say then nothing is wrong with bollywood cos whole india is west obsessedAngryLOL

I'm not thinking of anything in particular. Just lack of feel good cinema or simply fun cinema, period. Too many people are making slicker multiplex cinema instead of cinema for the masses.

I'm an opening night kind of gal. POTC, LOTR, and such. I could careless if the entire cast was naked, it has to be campout worthy. Cinema should be epic, larger than life, and in Bollywood that means more dreams, more flowers, more running around trees. I might be the only person complaining about lack of kitsch.

RTH ji aapko kya ho gaya hai ?LOLLOL

You analyse movies also and say that also ! Doesn't make sense to me !

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 7:02pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 7:05pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top