Debate Mansion

do you think bollywood movies are (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
you all make so much sense out of KJo's movies? i thought they were just for fun

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do you think bollywood movies are (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Bollywood movies are becoming a joke. I think the industry is taking Lara Dutta's comment too seriously. She once said, "Only two things sell in Bollywood - SRK and sex. Apparently those words are taken to heart and that's all we're getting. Bollywood comedies make me cringe - every other humorous dialogue has some sort of erotic meaning. And the Bollywood action movies are another big joke. After seeing several attempts from several different movie makers - they still haven't been able to copy the Matrix. Now that leaves us with the romantic movies - and we get the constant remakes of the cheesy running around the trees and fighting the bad guys.

Reality cinema , i guess, you have forgotten completely about.

Anurag Kashyap's movies, Madhur Bhandarkar's movies, then "A wednesday" , "aamir" , these are some of the best of bollywood, however for a conservative audience they might generally be unacceptable.

Another thing, i think your idea of bollywood movies is kinda oldies ? isn't it ? tell me yes or no, then i'll say something more regarding the issue.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

i think if you are talking about the western influence only, i say then nothing is wrong with bollywood cos whole india is west obsessedAngryLOL

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
I agree wid angie

U cant say tat Bollywood is copying Hollywood..but it is changing..n so are d generations..so they cant sit n show the same thing for years together..

Even though there;s intimacy n the stuff u mentioned..ppl still watch them n it clicks very well with the audience..so y shoul'dnt they do tat??

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Reality cinema , i guess, you have forgotten completely about.

Anurag Kashyap's movies, Madhur Bhandarkar's movies, then "A wednesday" , "aamir" , these are some of the best of bollywood, however for a conservative audience they might generally be unacceptable.

Another thing, i think your idea of bollywood movies is kinda oldies ? isn't it ? tell me yes or no, then i'll say something more regarding the issue.

I LOVED Aamir. I have not seen A Wednesday, but I do wish to. Movies like Aamir, Pinjar, and all that reality cinema movies that Bollywood makes blow me away - but you have to admit that they are a rarity. They may be unacceptable in the masses - but those movies are sensational and heart wrenching.

Define "oldies" then I will answer your question. My idea of a good movie Bollywood is K3G for fun and entertainment. Aamir and Pinjar type movies for heart-wrenching drama. And Munna Bhai MBBS for comedy. That's it.

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 2:28am | IP Logged
If u r talking about Masala cinema then it has always been like this from the era of 70's to 90's..what new about  todays cinema is foreign locations ...masala movies are meant for entertainment only from the beginning..What Cinema is showing today if its not 100% then i would say it is at least 75% a reflection of todays society.As far as dresses are concern u cant wear mini's or tights in Delhi 6 ( chandani chowk) but u can wear it in Selectcity and some other places of South Delhi ( its common).
On other hand meaningful cinema is completely different form commercial cinema..It was there in the past (Arth,Bazaar ) and it is still there Wednesday ,Black Friday..

Edited by sonur15 - 30 March 2009 at 2:29am

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 3:24am | IP Logged
its just like comparing... Mc n Vada.pav....!!!

I think Film makers try to Entertaine audience and its a bussiness,...if it remake of hollywood or tollywood or blah blah....if people can enjoy the Cinema and enjoying the direction or song or acting...then whats the probs...

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

I agree wid angie

U cant say tat Bollywood is copying Hollywood..but it is changing..n so are d generations..so they cant sit n show the same thing for years together..

Even though there;s intimacy n the stuff u mentioned..ppl still watch them n it clicks very well with the audience..so y shoul'dnt they do tat??
Thanx 4 agreeing Smile 
Movies R made with the audience in mind. Whatever sells is dished out in large nos WinkLOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top