Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I don't know anything about the yellowed out part, please bear with my ignoranceπŸ˜†

Well, i also don't favour C grade flicks ofcourse, talking about cinema for the heck of cinema,hmmm-

whats singh is king, welcome , om shanti om ?

Only OSO fit my bill. The other two were time pass. I'm talking epic cinema here not juvenile humor.

Mind naming some more movies from you "epic cinema database" ?πŸ˜†

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: clodpolish

Mind naming some more movies from you "epic cinema database" ?πŸ˜†

DDLJ, HAHK, QSQT, Sholay, YKB
Mindbender thumbnail
YKB ? Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago
Please Excuse my lack of knowledge here

BUT

im having difficulty in understanding you guyz lol i mean what is all kht sht, askhf, safku, safh asasf , ktds, etc etc...its like an alien language to me..you guyz discussing the chemistry of films...

The only Film i enjoy watching is Amir Khan's film...a priceless actor! 😳

Xoxo
Edited by Rage-Of-Angels - 15 years ago
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonur15

But WA Malika is flop today... Amir Khan sells today ( producer /director/actor)

Let's keep it that way then - let Aamir sell - and let me continue to buy. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† God, I love that man.
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

4 movies in nearly 7-8 years?

i can't do much to explain anything thenπŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Anyways, the fact remains that movies built in a fashion other than"typical " style are being welcomed and thats all that matters. Unless one brings a renaissance in india and makes sure all the western influence from indians is lost, you don't expect indian directors to make those kind of movies all the time, or even most of the timesπŸ˜†

Its not the western influence that bugs me, its the way that it is incorporated that drives me crazy. What is your idea of a good movie? Please don't tell me you enjoying watching movies like Welcome, Singh is King, and all those movies they make in the name of comedy these days.

I have a problem with the way quantity is overtaking quality. There are so many Bollywood movies produced in a given year - out of all of which - perhaps 5 are worth watching. Doesn't that tell you that something somewhere has gone wrong?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Love Aamir Khan too, he can be too much of a thinker at times, but quality work.

Speaking of Comedy Bollywood is becoming repetitive. Akshay Kumar is on the verge of becoming the desi version of Ben Stiller or Will Ferrel, albeit way better. Yeah I mentioned Judd Apatow earlier, but his films are way to crass and silly.

Want real comedy, the kind that Tina Fey can create. That woman is a Godess. Never has a chick flick been so smart, so witty, full of zippy one liners and touching real world issues. Mean Girls may seem like another silly teenage movie but despite being exaggerated humor has a true to life depiction of the American highschool crisis, the cliques and stereotypes, the rumors, the bullying, basically how the smarter students are being overshadowed by the prettier, richer over the top students. Bollywood needs more such comedies. IMHO some gems of underrated comedies were Pran Jaaye Par Shaan Na Jaaye and Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar.
Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

Its not the western influence that bugs me, its the way that it is incorporated that drives me crazy. What is your idea of a good movie? Please don't tell me you enjoying watching movies like Welcome, Singh is King, and all those movies they make in the name of comedy these days.

I have a problem with the way quantity is overtaking quality. There are so many Bollywood movies produced in a given year - out of all of which - perhaps 5 are worth watching. Doesn't that tell you that something somewhere has gone wrong?

what exactly was so radically different in yesteryears ?

Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Love Aamir Khan too, he can be too much of a thinker at times, but quality work.

ye bolna zaroori hai ?πŸ˜†

Speaking of Comedy Bollywood is becoming repetitive. Akshay Kumar is on the verge of becoming the desi version of Ben Stiller or Will Ferrel, albeit way better. Yeah I mentioned Judd Apatow earlier, but his films are way to crass and silly.

Want real comedy, the kind that Tina Fey can create. That woman is a Godess. Never has a chick flick been so smart, so witty, full of zippy one liners and touching real world issues. Mean Girls may seem like another silly teenage movie but despite being exaggerated humor has a true to life depiction of the American highschool crisis, the cliques and stereotypes, the rumors, the bullying, basically how the smarter students are being overshadowed by the prettier, richer over the top students. Bollywood needs more such comedies. IMHO some gems of underrated comedies were Pran Jaaye Par Shaan Na Jaaye and Yeh Tera Ghar Yeh Mera Ghar.

how do you rate patch adams in comedy ?

and what is YKB?

Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: sonur15

But WA Malika is flop today... Amir Khan sells today ( producer /director/actor)

sonur ji, ye baat WA ji ko samjhana mushkil hi nahin namumkin hai (baki baaton ki tarah)πŸ˜†

Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago