Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

i think if you are talking about the western influence only, i say then nothing is wrong with bollywood cos whole india is west obsessedπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

aish_punk thumbnail
I agree wid angie

U cant say tat Bollywood is copying Hollywood..but it is changing..n so are d generations..so they cant sit n show the same thing for years together..

Even though there;s intimacy n the stuff u mentioned..ppl still watch them n it clicks very well with the audience..so y shoul'dnt they do tat??
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

Reality cinema , i guess, you have forgotten completely about.

Anurag Kashyap's movies, Madhur Bhandarkar's movies, then "A wednesday" , "aamir" , these are some of the best of bollywood, however for a conservative audience they might generally be unacceptable.

Another thing, i think your idea of bollywood movies is kinda oldies ? isn't it ? tell me yes or no, then i'll say something more regarding the issue.

I LOVED Aamir. I have not seen A Wednesday, but I do wish to. Movies like Aamir, Pinjar, and all that reality cinema movies that Bollywood makes blow me away - but you have to admit that they are a rarity. They may be unacceptable in the masses - but those movies are sensational and heart wrenching.

Define "oldies" then I will answer your question. My idea of a good movie Bollywood is K3G for fun and entertainment. Aamir and Pinjar type movies for heart-wrenching drama. And Munna Bhai MBBS for comedy. That's it.
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
If u r talking about Masala cinema then it has always been like this from the era of 70's to 90's..what new about  todays cinema is foreign locations ...masala movies are meant for entertainment only from the beginning..What Cinema is showing today if its not 100% then i would say it is at least 75% a reflection of todays society.As far as dresses are concern u cant wear mini's or tights in Delhi 6 ( chandani chowk) but u can wear it in Selectcity and some other places of South Delhi ( its common).
On other hand meaningful cinema is completely different form commercial cinema..It was there in the past (Arth,Bazaar ) and it is still there Wednesday ,Black Friday..
Edited by sonur15 - 15 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
its just like comparing... Mc n Vada.pav....!!!

I think Film makers try to Entertaine audience and its a bussiness,...if it remake of hollywood or tollywood or blah blah....if people can enjoy the Cinema and enjoying the direction or song or acting...then whats the probs...
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: aish_punk

I agree wid angie

U cant say tat Bollywood is copying Hollywood..but it is changing..n so are d generations..so they cant sit n show the same thing for years together..

Even though there;s intimacy n the stuff u mentioned..ppl still watch them n it clicks very well with the audience..so y shoul'dnt they do tat??

Thanx 4 agreeing 😊 
Movies R made with the audience in mind. Whatever sells is dished out in large nos πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Movies R made with the audience in mind. Whatever sells is dished out in large nos πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

But that's exactly what worries me. Apparently what sells these days is Mallika Sherawat - which leaves me worried for the future of our desi boys.
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
But WA Malika is flop today... Amir Khan sells today ( producer /director/actor)
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: *Woh Ajnabee*

But that's exactly what worries me. Apparently what sells these days is Mallika Sherawat - which leaves me worried for the future of our desi boys.

LOL , our desi as well as videshi boys R drooling over mallika sherawat , no doubt about that πŸ˜†
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: clodpolish

i think if you are talking about the western influence only, i say then nothing is wrong with bollywood cos whole india is west obsessedπŸ˜‘πŸ˜†

I'm not thinking of anything in particular. Just lack of feel good cinema or simply fun cinema, period. Too many people are making slicker multiplex cinema instead of cinema for the masses.

I'm an opening night kind of gal. POTC, LOTR, and such. I could careless if the entire cast was naked, it has to be campout worthy. Cinema should be epic, larger than life, and in Bollywood that means more dreams, more flowers, more running around trees. I might be the only person complaining about lack of kitsch.