Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

hot babe

hot babe

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 3:40am | IP Logged
hey guys alot people in the UK (my friends and fellow sudents) are starting to think that the bolywood films are becoming more inappopriate, say for example 10-12 years ago you could sit down with your whole family and watch a bollywood movie without feeling embarassed about the song style, clothes worn behaviour, the intimacy etc, nowadays you have to fastforward half of the movie because its inappropriate.

do you think bollywood is loosing its originality and do you think bollywood is trying to become hollwood (i know its not the same for every movie but the dress sense, attitude, intimacy is portraying the typical 'western style.' )

please leave your comments  Big smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do you think bollywood movies are" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:01am | IP Logged
Its not just the reel life that is 'portraying ' the western lifestyle. The real life isnt far behind either Wink LOL

ATP2211

Goldie

ATP2211

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 1:09pm | IP Logged

I agree a litlle. Movies which can be enjoyed with whole family are still being made, but their number is less.

Now we can hardly go to watch a movie with our family. And sometimes the embarrasing situation arises even while watching with our friends.

Who says that a movie canot be a hit without such scenes? Infact, more poeple can go and watch, provided the story and certain other factors are great.

Bollywood is not what it used to be. Now the producers are busy copying hollywood movies.

hot babe

hot babe

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:00pm | IP Logged
i agree akki2211, bollywood is loosing its originality

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 3:26pm | IP Logged
Bollywood movies are becoming a joke. I think the industry is taking Lara Dutta's comment too seriously. She once said, "Only two things sell in Bollywood - SRK and sex. Apparently those words are taken to heart and that's all we're getting. Bollywood comedies make me cringe - every other humorous dialogue has some sort of erotic meaning. And the Bollywood action movies are another big joke. After seeing several attempts from several different movie makers - they still haven't been able to copy the Matrix. Now that leaves us with the romantic movies - and we get the constant remakes of the cheesy running around the trees and fighting the bad guys.

KJo is criticized for directing his movies at the desis in foreign nations, but what they fail to see is why the movies are appreciated there. And its purely because KJo's movies incorporate the true essence of the word "desi". They portray the desi family, the culture, the values. They allow all the females abroad to see the latest fashion styles (no, I do not mean Mallika Sherawat's short shorts or Rakhi Sawant's minis). They give us a chance to drool over Kajol's beautiful saris and Rani Mukherjee's gorgeous desi outfits. They are based around the family and endorse the desi values that perhaps we are losing in today's day and age. (Btw, KANK does not count - I hate that movie).

The point of a Bollywood movie is that its not a Hollywood movie. Unfortunately Bollywood writers don't get that.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

KJo is criticized for directing his movies at the desis in foreign nations, but what they fail to see is why the movies are appreciated there. And its purely because KJo's movies incorporate the true essence of the word "desi". They portray the desi family, the culture, the values. They allow all the females abroad to see the latest fashion styles (no, I do not mean Mallika Sherawat's short shorts or Rakhi Sawant's minis). They give us a chance to drool over Kajol's beautiful saris and Rani Mukherjee's gorgeous desi outfits. They are based around the family and endorse the desi values that perhaps we are losing in today's day and age. (Btw, KANK does not count - I hate that movie).

I agree with most of it, and I hated KANK too. But for me KANK was a failed to handle the subject matter. Some relationships do not work out and the wisest thing to do is to end it. However, the problem with KANK was that the relationships did not fail due to circumstance, certain differences etc. The relatioship failed because SRK and Rani wanted it to fail and did not put the effort to make it work, while their spouses did. I would have not blamed Preity for leaving SRK because he was acting like an egotistic b****** nor would I have blamed Abhi for leaving Rani for she was just cold and cruel to him.

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I agree with most of it, and I hated KANK too. But for me KANK was a failed to handle the subject matter. Some relationships do not work out and the wisest thing to do is to end it. However, the problem with KANK was that the relationships did not fail due to circumstance, certain differences etc. The relatioship failed because SRK and Rani wanted it to fail and did not put the effort to make it work, while their spouses did. I would have not blamed Preity for leaving SRK because he was acting like an egotistic b****** nor would I have blamed Abhi for leaving Rani for she was just cold and cruel to him.

Unlike many desis, I do not feel divorces or broken relationships are undesi. Nor are affairs non existant in India. However, even when things go wrong there is a sense of effort and doing the right thing for the family.

I do wonder what is wrong with Bollywood, the world has come to such that I have to resort to movies like Bride Wars and Made of Honor for my romcoms and the HSM series as wholesome musicals.

I completely agree with you - I adored Abhishek's character in KANK, and respected Preity's image as a strong woman. I detested Rani and SRK's characters. Their personalities were so selfish and self-centered that I did not feel any remorse for them. In fact, I sympathize with their spouses, who constantly made efforts to keep the relationship going. I agree, not all relationships work, and perhaps ending them is best solution for both sides, but adultery and infidelity are most certainly not the way to do it. I was disgusted at the scene where they rent a room at the hotel. Every essence of that movie was repulsive from Rani's cold shoulder towards her husband to Big B's perverted character as Sam. In fact, I vowed to myself to never ever watch that movie again - so far so good. LOL I cannot believe that KJo would come up such a story.

Lol @ HSM, I saw the first one and the second one was intolerable, though I've caught plenty of bits and pieces of it since my little sister watches it every single time it airs on Disney. She's still mad at me for not taking her to watch the third one. LOL Made of Honor- that looked like a nice chick flick that I'd get around to one of these days when I have a nice supply of chocolate cake some Friday night. Unfortunately such days are not meant for me. LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 6:26pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

I completely agree with you - I adored Abhishek's character in KANK, and respected Preity's image as a strong woman. I detested Rani and SRK's characters. Their personalities were so selfish and self-centered that I did not feel any remorse for them. In fact, I sympathize with their spouses, who constantly made efforts to keep the relationship going. I agree, not all relationships work, and perhaps ending them is best solution for both sides, but adultery and infidelity are most certainly not the way to do it. I was disgusted at the scene where they rent a room at the hotel. Every essence of that movie was repulsive from Rani's cold shoulder towards her husband to Big B's perverted character as Sam. In fact, I vowed to myself to never ever watch that movie again - so far so good. LOL I cannot believe that KJo would come up such a story.

Just when I thought I had erased Sexy Sam from my memories, WA happened. LOL

Adultery happens, but the booking the hotel room etc. shows how much they planned out cheating and that bothers me. If it was more genuine like getting carried with emotions and situation, I would have been able to digest it. I wouldn't judge to each their own, but in my opinion they could have at least divorced before cheating.

I think KJO is too much of a big kid to have handled such a sensitive script with more tact. Don't you think that if we flipped the movie over where Preity and Abhi wanted to end their marriages out of frustration with their uncommunicative, unaffectionate and uncaring spouses and perhaps found emotional support and the much needed love with each other - people would have been more supportive of them.

PS: Made of Honor is a timepass chick flick. Patrick Dempsey is adorable.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top