Crazy4u4ever thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

My family doesn't eat egg and lot of cakes and borwnies require eggs. does any one know what are some of the substitue for the eggs in baking..

THX

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ananyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Silken tofu is one known substitute for eggs while baking cakes. Not sure whether its substitute for egg in browines🤔
hetal thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
there is this thing called egg substitute which is available in some grocery store. you can ask around. i have used and it worked really good. i will get the com. name next time i go home
sureideas thumbnail
There are many substitutes available for egg. But , we must understand no worthy alternative available to egg when it comes to Baking.
diamondgirl148 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi I am totally vegetarian as well. The trick is to increase the amount of baking powder in the baking process. If you want to make a really good brownie here's a recipe to try.

Buy one box of Bisquick. This could be used to make pancakes, waffles and cookies, quick breads. I tried to make a chocolate cake once and it was preety good. Not as good as the original with eggs but close.
Here is what you do.

Melt 4 - 6 ozs of your favourite chocolate. Chocolate chips also work great. If using chocolate chips use about 3/4 cup melted and cooled.

Place 1 1/4 cup of Bisquick in large bowl and pour over melted chocolate. Blend very well. Pour into greased baking dish. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for additional 15 minutes covered over with foil for the last 15 minutes. Cool in pan before slicing and serving.

Want a variation? Add 1/4 tsp of mint extract and this brownie is now a mint chocolate brownie.

If you want a gourmet looking brownie then melt 3/4 cup of chocolate chips plus 4 tbsps heavy cream in microwave stir vigorously to melt chocolate chips when slightly cool pour over brownies.

ananyacool thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I think adding more baking powder in any cake recipes makes the cake harder so adding more baking powder isn't really a virtue that substitutes for an egg
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
there is a powder called "no egg" .. its esp made to substitute egg .. u can find this in health shops .. i have used it in baking and cooking instead of eggs .. does the trick
sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
i am also a pure vegetarian
so wenever we hv to make eggless cake the only substitute is the skimmed milk available in the markets like milkmaid,amul mithai mate(indian brands ).