Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Terence is versatile

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

funnyfan

Groupbie

funnyfan

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 9:44am | IP Logged

Terence is truly versatile in presenting different dance forms. In fact, Remo and Geeta are not even aware of some of the dance forms he shows. I remember in one act Remo did not see any dance in the "China martial art" dance form Terence showed. That dance form is so famous in China. I do not think he was aware of the "bull fight" dance form from Spain or the dance steps from New York. I just wish Terence was as perfect as Remo in training his contestants. Remo does a very good job of training his folks. Geeta has lot of limitations. Her concepts are very traditional and sometimes childish. I think by now she as well as others are aware of it. I remember that in the very early auditions Remo and Geeta were a group and used to make fun of Terence. I now see their attitude change towards Terence for better!

Terence, if you are reading this, I would like to see one great performance on the Irish "Tap Dancing". I know it is very difficult and required many weeks of practice. But nothing can compare with it's music and mesmerizing steps. Michael Flatley has made this dance form almost his own. Would love to see this dance on the DID.

Edited by funnyfan - 28 March 2009 at 2:40pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Terence is versatile" in Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Sarmita

Sarmita

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by funnyfan

Terence is truly versatile in presenting different dance forms. In fact, Remo and Geeta are not even aware of some of the dance forms he shows. I remember in one act Remo did not see any dance in the "China martial art" dance form he showed. That dance form is so famous in China. He do not think he was aware of the "bull fight" dance form from Spain or the dance steps from New York. I just wish he was as perfect as Remo in training his contestants. Remo does a very good job of training his folks. Geeta has lot of limitations. Her concepts are were traditional and sometimes childish. I think by now she as well as others are aware of it. I remember that in the very early auditions Remo and Geeta were a group and used to make fun of Terence. I now see their attitude change towards Terence for better!

Terence, if you are reading this, I would like to see one great performance on the Irish "Tap Dancing". I know it is very difficult and required many weeks of practice. But nothing can compare with it's music and mesmerizing steps. Michael Flatley has made this dance form almost his own. Would love to see this dance on the DID.

I completely agree with you.  Iguess Terence knows more about international dance forms as he has trained abroad.  But, his versatility is awesome.  I don't think that the other two can match him.  Among the three, Geeta is the worst.  I liked her this week's choreography but, she has very limited concept.  Another thing I have noticed is that Terence is the only one who uses the technical terms of dance while the others just stick to their comments in a way I guess anyone can give.  Remos' concept are at times good and at times disaster.  I am waiting to see what else can Terence come up with.  Every week I wait for his toli's performance.  Its like something new is going to come.  Best of luck to Terence and his toli. 

r_tvfan

Goldie

r_tvfan

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 9:58am | IP Logged
He definitely is, but again he is not so well versed with Indian dance forms. I'd like to see the contestants perform a few more traditional dances from his group. And yes I want to see Jai and Mayuresh doing hip hop - something I've not seen yet.

funnyfan

Groupbie

funnyfan

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Hip Hop is not something people can learn in a day or week. While Prince may be very good at it, and I agree, he has been doing it all his life. When when it comes to coreographing it is difficult to beat Terence. I am not talking about indivividual capability but Terence versatality and range.

cynical

cynical

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged
Terence is an excellent choreographer no doubt! but i wuld like to see Alisha do some classical or bollywood dance style.

Sarmita

Sarmita

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 11:12am | IP Logged
I think that Terence has trained in folk dance and classical dance too.  I would like to see some of those dance forms from him.  I don't think that any of his contestants have yet performed a folk dance or a classical number.  But, whatever he has choreographed till today is awesome.

peace_786

peace_786

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 11:13am | IP Logged
terence comes up with best performances every week, even on this Friday's episode (march 27/09) his toli was the best, according to me.  i thought Jai and Vrushali were amazing Clap 

ilutl

Groupbie

ilutl

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
fully agree with u. he is the most versatile man. till today he shows very different and unique style of dance forms.  every time he comes up with something new. from international to indian. he shows his mastery in international dance form at the same time in indian dance to. e.g. vrushali's performance in indian classical form.

my salute goes to master terenceClapClapClap

Post Reply New Post

Go to top