Is reservation the solution? - Page 3

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Does that mean I have to adopt you?

we'll find some other way to bend the law, but i want to be the prince๐Ÿ˜†

Perhaps I should rephrase Once we justify preferential treatment for harm, we open up an endless loop, There is no excuse for discrimination. The system should be set up to eliminate harm and discrimination, and not to allow it and then offer lame compensations.
Yeah ! Thats where our govt has failed miserably . Without tackling the conditions for which claims to reservation were being doled out it has created a condition where the treatment is worse than the ailment
Originally posted by clodpolish

i want to be the prince

smart choice indeed ๐Ÿ˜‰ As prince the seat gets automatically *reserved * ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† No guarantee weather it wud get reserved for the brother , eh? (j/k)

Does that mean I have to adopt you?-- Adoption you mean,about finding a child for the family, or finding familiy for him๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜‰

Some uncertain reservations feel so funny.....We can find Reservation everywhere hotel/train/bus/cinema hall/foot path/Jail/Govt sector/private sector/even in toilet too..Its very difficult to change the system๐Ÿ˜Š

someone mentioned above that by reserving seats in educational institutes we R diluting talent, & I had agreed ๐Ÿ˜Š but come to think of it isnt it also being dluted when we accept students on capitation fees ? These R not meritorious students but simply affluent ones who can afford to pay the high capitation fees for the professional courses.

Originally posted by angie.4u

someone mentioned above that by reserving seats in educational institutes we R diluting talent, & I had agreed ๐Ÿ˜Šbut come to think of it isnt it also being dluted when we accept students on capitation fees ? These R not meritorious students but simply affluent ones who can afford to pay the high capitation fees for the professional courses.

thats a different case which happens in private institutes.

Reservation in public institutes

Donations in private

Originally posted by Believe

i want to be the prince---koi ready hey to becomeur princess...

no , but does it matter?

All seats are Reserved๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by clodpolish

thats a different case which happens in private institutes.

Reservation in public institutes

Donations in private

๐Ÿ˜† Iss desh ka kya hoga? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Originally posted by angie.4u

๐Ÿ˜†Iss desh ka kya hoga? ๐Ÿ˜‰

jo hoga acche ke liye hi hoga๐Ÿ˜†

Resrevation would serve people better if it's on a rolling basis and based on economic status only.  There should be no reservations/quotas for those whose parents got their job/education based on quota.  This way, government can really help those who truly do need the help. 

Reservations based on any other criteria (gender, caste, religion etc.) are solely political and not intended towards the good of masses.  Thye cater to politicians' vote banks only.