Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soni595 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
Thanks for posting this. I don't think this was an April Fool's joke, we were warned of this news last week, and the conflicker virus is said to have been roaming around for a few months now and they've just said they'll  try to update itself, maybe they haven't succeeded or its still in the process.

Keep smiling..
Love
Soni
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
*************Guys the Java Update is just a Java update and nothing else... The Updated version is Version 6 Update 13.
This is from the Java website. I downloaded it today April 2nd. And everything is normal. When it was installing I saw that it was Version 6 Update 13 so it's legit.
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: cutie_mahima

@sonalkhullar....no, i don't think u should do it....and i don't think its necessary either...u don't have to do it...they're just pop-ups...and i suggest to avoid them...

hun Java is updated by Windows...it's not a popup. It will come even if ur not on the internet. And if u miss the update, some sites dont function properly. Aside from that, if Vista doesn't get all Java updates, it's very hard to get them to properly install later on. Not everything is a virus. Yes, this one gave everyone a big scare. And we still don't know if it's over. But the fact that there was a Java update at the beginning of the Month doesn't mean anything. Hopefully, all this will pass soon.
second_chances thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yeah i was effected by this computer crashed and everything
cutie_mahima thumbnail
Originally posted by: IBserenity

hun Java is updated by Windows...it's not a popup. It will come even if ur not on the internet. And if u miss the update, some sites dont function properly. Aside from that, if Vista doesn't get all Java updates, it's very hard to get them to properly install later on. Not everything is a virus. Yes, this one gave everyone a big scare. And we still don't know if it's over. But the fact that there was a Java update at the beginning of the Month doesn't mean anything. Hopefully, all this will pass soon.

ohh....ok...i didn't know that..
thanx fr the info! =]