Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
ha ha ha it seems U ve earned the right to vote now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail
BTW I was just wondering as to how do NRIs get to cast their votes Will it B through the net or post  . It certainly cant B  in person th way its being done here ๐Ÿ˜• 
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angie.4u

BTW I was just wondering as to how do NRIs get to cast their votes Will it B through the net or post . It certainly cant B in person th way its being done here ๐Ÿ˜•

arey hold on !๐Ÿ˜†

first of all , we'll have to amend the consitution that the right to vote can go to people who are not indian citizens !

I personally believe the answer is no, but i don't want to state the reasons,they might seem offending

Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
good  Gauri๐Ÿ‘   ...now u can vote dear ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...u can vote in Delhi Elections๐Ÿ˜†.

ha ha ha it seems U ve earned the right to vote now ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ˜†

Originally posted by: sonur15

good  Gauri๐Ÿ‘   ...now u can vote dear ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...u can vote in Delhi Elections๐Ÿ˜†.

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Mucho gracias chicas๐Ÿค—  But first, I have to get my dual citizenship and then figure out how we can cast our vote๐Ÿ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

arey hold on !๐Ÿ˜†

first of all , we'll have to amend the consitution that the right to vote can go to people who are not indian citizens !

I personally believe the answer is no, but i don't want to state the reasons,they might seem offending

i m sure U can state ur reasons without offending as U have urself been saying earlier ๐Ÿ˜†
Indians living in India seem to have lost all hope with their politicians & the the system itself . No wonder so few turn out to vote. So why not try giving a chance to indians living abroad ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Koi toh vote kare !

RUSmart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello everyone. Have read ur comments and am of the opinion that Indians staying abroad should be given the right to vote too. Reasons are many. The NRIs have the same access to the Indian channels where they get to know the day to day events of India. The Indian programmes too update them with the different festivals. They too enjoy watching the the progress and feel disgusted when they watch the Indian Politicians misbehaving in the parliament. What guarantee we have the people living in India and who are on the spot noticing the politicians of their regions fulfilling or not their electoral promises get to vote the right person. Ninetynine percent chance is that everyone makes a wrong choice. Every time there are elections the policitians come out with promises and promises which they never accomplish and at the end of their electoral term they put the blame on the previous candidate or the previous government. So allowing the NRIs to vote will not in anyway tamper the electoral process.

On the contrary PEOPLE OF LATIN AMERICAN COUNTRIES WHO LIVE IN EUROPE ARE OBLIGED TO VOTE ON THE ELECTION DAY. THEY HAVE TO TAKE LEAVE FROM THEIR EMPLOYERS TO ASSIST THE ELECTORAL PROCESS. Even Europeans living abroad send their votes by post. This is very common.

The LAZY INDIAN SYSTEM does not want to take the trouble of counting votes coming by mail and also letting the NRIs in their regions to vote.
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

i m sure U can state ur reasons without offending as U have urself been saying earlier๐Ÿ˜†

what exactly do you mean ? huh ?

_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

what exactly do you mean ? huh ?

well If I m not mistaken U wrote something like "we cn support without attacking the opposition " in an earlier topic of calling the IF pak forum. I had to search it out 4 the exact words ๐Ÿ˜†  Do post ur views & any misgivings U may B having against allowing NRIs to vote ๐Ÿ˜Š
As of now I dont C anything wrong in it . If someone takes interest & cares enuf to participate in the electoral process of their country it shud B Ok. PPl vote here without even giving much thought simply on the basis of region & caste. But I ll reconsider my views after reading other views here.
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
of course india living abroad should be given voting chances. an indian is an indian no matter where they live and they should have equal rights to vote as indian living in india.