Kollywood Masala

BEST OF KOLLYWOOD’S ‘CHEMISTRY -Yours fav?? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Pulwasha,

yea, i was just talking to somewhat about Sarwam - Arya and Trisha..... the two look really good together....... and am looking forward to it....

wow you've got a great list up there Pulwasha....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BEST OF KOLLYWOOD’S ‘CHEMISTRY -Yours fav?? (Page 3)" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 30 March 2009 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
thnku aish dear.. i knw ehh sarvam promos are rocking.. they look soo gud in it and arya looks too cute.. i tell my frnds abt these jodis aor discuss and they are like u r crazy u not tamil still have alot knowledge.. and im like dont we knw abt hollywood and bollywood so y cant keep track of kollywood and tollywood..when there are such superb movies being made with some super fine actors..lol

jigglypuff726

IF-Sizzlerz

jigglypuff726

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:01am | IP Logged
opinions definitely differ. here is my own list of my favourite kollywood couples & their chemistry.Tongue

MGR & Saroja Devi - i'm not a really big fan of either one of them but together they were just beautiful together. MGR's charisma coupled with Saroja Devi's childlike innocence was a lethal combo.

Sivaji Ganesan & Padmini - they both are definitely one of tamil cinema's best onscreen couples & i like how they both communicate with their eyes rather than words. the train scene in Thilana Moganambal was one good example of sivaji's & padmini's chemistry.

Rajinikanth & Sridevi - Johnny is one of my favourite films & one of the reasons was the rajinikanth & sridevi chemistry. i just love the song 'En Vaanilae', sridevi playing the piano with so much of longing & rajini watching her. aww..

Kamal Hassan & Sripriya - contrary to what many people say that kamal looks the best with sridevi & rajini with sripriya i beg to differ. kamal & sripriya just  'click' and they match each other perfectly. if i see a movie with both of them in the lead i'll definitely take time off to sit & watch it.

Karthik & Meena - ooh.. definitely one of my all-time fav couples ever. karthik & meena are both my favs and their chemistry really worked out well in Marumagan & Harichandra. i recall a time when i was absolutely nuts about the karthik-meena couple. i guess it was in the 90's when i was going through the whole meena craze. hehe.. i still love this couple & if i see a re-run of their films on tv i'm definitely glued to the tv screen till the credits roll.

Ajith & Shalini - their chemistry is what made me love Amarkalam. i don't know why but they both just 'click'. my favourite scene in the film has to be the part where ajith finally realises that he is in love with shalini & stops her car. shalini looks at him & says that we can't always get what we want in life and drives away while ajith looks on helplessly. it was such an emotional scene & ajith-shalini aced it with their chemistry.

Vijay & Simran - what can i say? they are one of my fav onscreen couples from the 90's. my favourite movies of the two of them together in the lead would be Thulatha Manamum Thulum & Priyamaanavale. TMT was such a sweet film. though i've usually got nothing good to say about vijay's acting skills he did a pretty decent job as Kutti & his love story with simran's character Ruku after she loses her vision was touching & emotional. Priyamanavale was a good movie too though i loved TMT more. the dynamics between vijay & simran after she signs the one year marriage contract was well portratyed by the couple.

Surya & Jothika - do i need to say anymore? to be honest i felt the chemistry between surya & jothika right from their first film Povellam Kettupaar. in my heart i thought that surya & jothika would get married in the future & viola! they really got hitched! LOL! surya & jothika's chemistry has always been one of a kind. my fav film of the two of them has to be their first film Povellam Kettupaar & Perazhagan. the intimate emotional song in the car between surya & jothika still makes me smile & blush at the same time. only a couple truly in love could have done that scene with such authencity.

Jayam Ravi & Sada - i still think that ravi's best leading lady to date is sada & only sada. their chemistry is something special. even though they didn't have any intimate scenes in the movie between them they were still so adorable together. i especially liked the scenes between ravi & sada when he asks her why she hasn't worn her anklets & sada tells him to go. one more touching scene was when sada's character gives ravi's character moral encouragement when the villian beats him up badly. i think one can attribute Jayam's sucess partly to the chemistry between ravi & sada.

Bharath & Bhavana - my B&B. ever since i watched Veiyil i've been in love with their pairing. the interludes between bharath & bhavana in Veiyil made me laugh out loud & also squeal at how cute they were together. the hot tempered bharath bullying the timid bhavana was hilarious. B&B's romance in Veiyil was unique & cute. i wish they had more intense scenes in Koodal Nagar though. i wish B&B would act in more films together. i do like bharath with sandhya but he's just gorgeous with bhavana.

Arya & Sonia Agarwal - arya's chemistry with pooja is excellent but my favourite heroine with arya is sonia agarwal. Oru Kaluruyin Kadhai was a touching poignant film. it's actually my only favourite arya film. he gave such depth to the character & his undying deep love for sonia's character moved me to tears. this couple were one of the few couples whom i was praying for to get together in the end. when arya walks away from sonia in the climax scene with a tired helplessness i actually choked back a sob. so yes, the reason why i prefer arya with sonia agarwal is because their love story in OKK touched me.

Vishal & Reema Sen - the 'Chellamae' couple. i know why rumours of vishal & reema sen were so strong. their chemistry was that strong in the movie. vishal & reema had that intimacy and closeness that a newly wedded couple had to have. their romance in 'Thimiru' was more subdued though. it was reema pursuing vishal & vishal didn't profess his love for reema till the climax. however vishal & reema still sizzled in the song sequences.

SJ Suryah & Nayantara - i really like nayantara with vijay & surya but the first actor i ever liked her with was SJ Suryah. SJ Suryah is not the best looking guy around but he still matched nayantara well. Kalvanin Kadhali is one of my fav SJS & nayantara films. the interactions between SJS & nayantara were well scripted. the scene where nayantara finds out that SJS had been lying to her & breaks down while he tries to convince her that he is sorry was emotional & well-acted. the climax of Kalvanin Kadhali was also cute.

Prithiviraj & Padma Priya - their romance in Satham Podathey was one i rarely see in a tamil film. it was a bond of understanding & love. the way prithiviraj helped padma priya heal emotionally from the wounds she suffered from her recently divorced husband was just sweet. prithivi's & padma priya's romance in the film didn't require them to sing duets in exotic foreign locations or get too intimate with each other. their love was more based on feelings & emotions than bodily connections. that is why i love this couple. they are mature in the way they express their love yet their feelings are no less intense.

and recently the couple i really liked were :

Aathi & Sindhu Menon - one of Eeram's plus points was the wonderful chemistry between aathi & sindhu. they didn't have a lot of screentime together but they were adorable in whatever time they had together. i really liked their romance, how it was so pure-hearted & full of innocence. when they broke up in the film i flinched at the unfairness of the situation. it was touching how vasu still loved ramya wholeheartedly even after her death. vasu put his own job, life and everything at risk to find justice for the wrongfully accused ramya. how many lovers do you find in this world who will sacrifice everything for a dead lover who also broke his heart?

i've got other favourite couples too like rajini-meena, kamal-simran, ajith-simran, ajith-sada, karthi-priyamani, surya-asin, surya-tamana, surya-nayantara, prabhu deva & meena, dhanush-tamana, dhanush-ramya. each of the couples have got the special 'spark' between them.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

usha_pooja

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jigglypuff726

Prithiviraj & Padma Priya - their romance in Satham Podathey was one i rarely see in a tamil film. it was a bond of understanding & love. the way prithiviraj helped padma priya heal emotionally from the wounds she suffered from her recently divorced husband was just sweet. prithivi's & padma priya's romance in the film didn't require them to sing duets in exotic foreign locations or get too intimate with each other. their love was more based on feelings & emotions than bodily connections. that is why i love this couple. they are mature in the way they express their love yet their feelings are no less intense.

i've got other favourite couples too like rajini-meena, kamal-simran, ajith-simran, ajith-sada, karthi-priyamani, surya-asin, surya-tamana, surya-nayantara, prabhu deva & meena, dhanush-tamana, dhanush-ramya. each of the couples have got the special 'spark' between them.

I've got to agree abt Satham Podathey...in the beginning, I thought it was a bit underplayed, but as the movie progressed I liked the way it was done...an understanding friend who helps her overcome the split from her ex-hubby and his abuses, I thought it was very well done. Esp the scene whr he helps take coffee without her hands shaking etc..I thought the dialogues were seriously good..Prithviraj was enigmatic in the movie, the kind of person I'd likeWink

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:48pm | IP Logged

My favs:

Apart from the list wat everyoen has given...

Ajith - Shalini
Movie: Amarkalam

Ajith - Simran
Movie: Vaali

Prashanth - Simran
Movie: Jodi

Karthi- Priyamani
Movie: Paruthiveeran

Surya - Bhoomika
Movie: Jillunu oru kaadhal

Aadhi - Sindhu
Movie: Eeram

Edited by Arjun_Meena - 13 December 2009 at 10:55pm

shonaveer

IF-Sizzlerz

shonaveer

Posted: 20 December 2009 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
suriya - asin

siddharth - genelia

jayam ravi - genelia

vijay - genelia

-- deepu --

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 22 December 2009 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
10. Arya - Pooja
Movie : Auto - Though they have done four movies together, this is perhaps their most effective combination to date. The film was not a big hit, but it did manage to generate positive vibes. Their relationship was not the normal hero-heroine type. It was in fact crass romance; somewhere it appealed very much to the audience. The sparkling chemistry in the movie also started off some very strong rumors regarding the lead pair.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
ISNT this ORam PO??

i loved that movie..the undercurrent of humor..it was different.. a little crass though..but i guess i overlooked it

Meena.IF

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 05 January 2010 at 2:23am | IP Logged
Caroline,

The movie originally named as AUTO.. It was then renamed to Oram Po..

petticoat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top