Kollywood Masala

BEST OF KOLLYWOOD’S ‘CHEMISTRY -Yours fav??

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:19am | IP Logged

Hey buddies,

I found this article/slideshows on behindwoods.com about kollywoods best "chemistry" pairs in the recent time, not the legendary screen pairs like Kamal.Sridevi,  Sivaji-Padmini or MGR-Saroja Devi etc...Smile

According to them was the most lovable screen romances of recent times:

10. Arya - Pooja
Movie : Auto - Though they have done four movies together, this is perhaps their most effective combination to date. The film was not a big hit, but it did manage to generate positive vibes. Their relationship was not the normal hero-heroine type. It was in fact crass romance; somewhere it appealed very much to the audience. The sparkling chemistry in the movie also started off some very strong rumors regarding the lead pair.

9. Vikram-Trisha
Movie: Saami- This was admiration turning into romance. Not the youthful college kind of romance, but something that had more depth to it. The combination worked really well, especially in the songs. Trisha appeared both as the young possessive lover and the understanding wife in different phases of the movie. Both of them were well portrayed. In fact, it had such an impact that Trisha was referred to as 'mami' by a section of the fans and media for quite some time.

8. Jeyam Ravi - Genelia
Movie: Santhosh Subramaniiyam  - This was love with a novel way of convincing one's family. Genelia's bubbly, cute and innocent character contrasted with Ravi's character with a very conservative exterior and an interior that urged him to break free. The 'opposites attract' theory impressed a lot, the romance was instantly likeable. But, the clincher was definitely the way in which the lover was introduced to the family. This would have definitely given many a budding lover a few ideas.

7. Vijay - Trisha
Movie: Ghilli - This was one classic case where love is left unexpressed dangerously till the climax. We knew that the heroine wouldn't fly leaving the hero behind, but there was sense of apprehension in the final moments before Trisha finally appeared. Love that goes untold and unknown has a charm that connects instantly to a large section of the people. The audience empathize with the tongue tied lover who is not able to open his heart or who realized too late that the feeling he had in his heart was love indeed.

6. Bharat -Sandhya
Movie: Kadhal - After a very long time in Tamil cinema, a schoolgirl played a part in a love story, it was definitely a change that was worth noticing. The love between the adolescent school girl and the young mechanic somehow looked very natural, all credits to director Balaji Shakthivel. The simple, no make up looks, the lazy and lonely suburban roads, all added to the charm of the romance which had the innocence of a flower bud. Perhaps, it is that feeling that made the story firmly embed itself in the hearts of all those who watched the movie.

5.Suriya - Asin
Movie: Ghajini- The beautiful romance of Sanjay Ramaswami aka Manohar and Kalpana will not be easily forgotten. It had all the makings of the traditional 'quarrel to love' graph, but Murugadoss bowled us over with an absolute beauty of a story. Admiration to amusement to a very special affinity and then unreserved love, Sanjay Ramaswami's side was the one more exposed to the audience. People watching the movie for the first time were literally praying for Kalpana to say 'yes' to Sanjay. How could she have refused such a charming and handsome man? One of the best romances of recent times.

4. Madhavan-Shalini
Movie: Alaipayuthey -  Mani Ratnam romances are special to watch. The relationships that he depicts have so much depth that one wants to live the life of the on screen characters. Alai Paayuthe was no different. A software techie-doctor pair is not very common; in fact, it is almost non existent (pardon if there are any real life couples). But it looked so real in the movie. They way they met and then fell in love were pure joy to watch. Rahman's romantic tunes made the love story even more endearing.

3.Ajith-Devayani
Movie: Kadhal Kottai - This was not about the lead pair's chemistry, in fact they do not meet for most part of the film. That was the factor that set apart this romance. This started off a trend of sorts of relationships that developed irrespective of distance and other barriers. The fancy of such an unconventional romance remained in the audience heart for a while.

2.Suriya -Jyothika 
Movie : Kaakha Kaakha This was more about police than about romance, but the undercurrent of love was very strong and one really felt drawn into the relationship. The misunderstanding at first, followed by an apology, acquaintance and then romance; this is not exactly a novel sequence in cinema, but Gautham had handled it beautifully. Anbuchelvan's refusal at first, followed by repentance and then acceptance added to the grip of the romance over the viewers. The chemistry of the lead pair, well everyone knows how wonderful a chemistry they share.

1.Vijay-Shalini 
Movie: Kadhalukku Mariyathai: This is perhaps the most celebrated love story of our times. A beautiful tale of two people who are made for each other but resist their feelings for the sake of their families. But, love, especially if destined in one's life, will happen. No matter what the circumstances are. The movie stated in a very cute way that true love will always get its due from the family and society, it will never go unrecognized. The film created a huge impact among the youngsters, so much so that they names of the lead characters in the film – Jeeva and Mini – remain etched in the memories.

So friends, do you agree with this list ? If NO, then who is your fav pairs and why???

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena.IFanjkhoneybrinny_gCarynnithyamkvMP_Radha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "BEST OF KOLLYWOOD’S ‘CHEMISTRY -Yours fav??" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjkhoney

IF-Dazzler

anjkhoney

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Thank you Melly ma for this lovely thread.. I do agree with the list but i have a few to mention.they have listed it very beautifully...here is some of my fav jodi

Arya - Pooja

Movie: Ullam Ketkume - They have done four movies together but in my opinion i felt this movie to be the media for thier chemistry. Avanga Kannale pesinathu, Campus oriented friendship based story, but still they potraited the feelings of Love in a very sweet way. Among 'PEPSI' I liked the feelings shared between Eman and Irene,
Specially their silent eye talksEmbarrassed

Jayam Ravi - Asin

Movie: M.Kumaran S/o Mahalakshmi Jayam Ravi Asin chemistry in this movie looks very cute. The affair between the Tamil guy and a Mallu GalWink has touched the hearts of many... Evalo vaati paathalum salikatha padam.Amma payyan kadhayoda serthu oru sweet romance story kuduthurkaangaClap.
Romance nu overa kamikkale na kooda avangalkulla irukara oodal,sinungal, morakkal ellam romba azhaga kaamichirkaanga.Asin has proved to have good chemistry with most of the heroes she worked with till now..I can watch that movie repeatedly.An evergreen movie with a sweet love track

I loved both Kalpana and Malabar in Asin.. Rendu perum vigali thanamana character, with all the nakkal and innocence.I love Asin with both Surya and Jayam Ravi..

(Gene's chemistry with Sid is very famousEmbarrassed..)
Santhosh Subramaniam movie and their chemistry nalla irukku but after seeing the original movie with Sid I felt that was better ( so used to seeing this pair together)...Idhu en opinion mattum thaan..

Madhavan - Jothika

Movie : Dumm Dumm Dumm - Surya Jothika chemistrye adichikka mudiyathu but still in this movie i felt both Maddy and Jo had a good chemistry. Mudhale Kalyaname venda nu poraadi kadasile they truly get prepared to live with each other forever, then comes the twist.Their marriage gets cancelled. Then the way the met in Chennai, oruthar oruthar ora kannale pathathu, koodave irukanum nu thudichathu, specially the scene where they both decide to stay away from eachother for their family. appram the lovely climax.. I just loved it

Opinions Differ IlleSmileEmbarrassed? This is my list which i wish to share..
I dont want to rate these jodi's/movies for their chemistry as each jodi is special in its own wayEmbarrassed.. but all these three movies the way they picture the Love (shared by the hero and heroine) in a very cute way.. ivanga sera maatangala nu nammala yeinga vakkara mathiri)Embarrassed

Just like the movie of Bhagyaraj and Meena where Meena pretends to be the servant when she actually is the Princess of the palace.I dont rem the name of the movie but it has the song

Vandhal Vandhal Rajakumari SmileSmile....

I was dying to see them get together. they feelings they had for each other and the twist in the story everything was so magical.. like a fairy taleSmileSmileSmile..

Melly thanks once again for this thread maSmile
Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena.IF

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks daa Melz.... yeah Surya n Jo jodi rocked the screen for sure Star, I also loved Arya and Pooja in the movies they acted together......... but i was a lil suprised with vijay - salu at no 1.... but yeah, KM was a really good movie ... and i loved both Jeeva and Mini there

Finally thought of some on screen couple chemistry:

Here goes my list:

Ajith - Trisha (Kireedam and Ji) - I thought they shared great chemistry... EmbarrassedEmbarrassed...... I enjoyed watching thse two in both of the movies...... In both of these movies, I saw a somewhat matured Trisha... yet a lil shy upon seeing Thalai LOLLOL 

Bharath - Genelia - the bubbly nature of Gen.... Bharath teasing her.... and their small fights were really cute...

Jeyam Ravi - Bhavana - the two were realy good in Deevapali... like Gen, Bhavana's bubbly nature in the film went well with Ravi's more mellow (n somewhat romantic LOL) nature....

Edited by aisha_muka1984 - 27 March 2009 at 9:00am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meena.IF

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
Thanks Meli

I don't agree about the No. 1 position.  This is the movie, that I did not like abt Shalini.  Shalini is a professional actress, yet in this movie she could not emote her feelings.  I felt that all the time she was making her eyes wide to show emotion.  Vijay on his own can't act and cannot emote.  So this pair...... is a big no no

Next, Ajith & Devayani - I disagree on this too.  I liked the storyline of this movie but again to me as they did not contribute much!

Agreed Anj - Pooja and Arya had lovely chemistry in Ullam Kettame.  Although they did not end up with each other.  For their first movie, it was simply great.  I watched this movie several times.  It is not the usual girl-boy college love stuff.  It was more than that.

I liked Madhavan - Jothika combination.  How they had romance as husband and wife and yet they cared for Sri Devi.  As wife, Jothika did not suspect about her husband and the trust she had on him was simply superb.

I liked Madhavan-Bhavana combination as well.  It was nice to see that.  Also, Bhavana - Jayam.  Jayam-Asin in M. Kumaran.

These are my few combo pairs who did great in their movies.

Ajith, Shalini,

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 27 March 2009 at 12:39am | IP Logged
I loved Madhavan Shalini pair in Alaipayuthey...Shalini's a favourite, she did a great job in Alaipayuthey.Tongue And then, of course, Surya jyothika in Kaakka Kaakka!!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 27 March 2009 at 1:25am | IP Logged

Agreed with Maddy-Shalu, Surya-Asin, Arya-Pooja, Bharat-Samdhya and Vijay-Shalu...but cant agree with the fact that they are on no 1...but do remember it was some gossips in cinemacircle, everyone thought Vijay-Sahlu will hook up..but he married Sangs and she, ajithLOL

I will like to add Jeyam Ravi -Sada - their first movie jeyam was superhit and their chem was rocking...who can forget...pooya...pooROFL

will add more when I come back..ciaoWink

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 27 March 2009 at 7:48am | IP Logged
I guess the no:1 position is based on the success of the movie...Kadhalukku  mariyadhai was a blockbuster, right?

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 6:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ditty

I guess the no:1 position is based on the success of the movie...Kadhalukku  mariyadhai was a blockbuster, right?
Yup..Dits...it was a blockbuster for the year 1998Tongue Vijays image changed after it..i mean..first it was his poove unkkaga as a major break for his carrier--then..love today...but KM was blockbuster in his carrierWink

Post Reply New Post

Go to top