Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Hello guys,

When we watch serials, we all go through so many emotions one way or the other.  Frustration, anger, laughter, feeling like puking up, etc. etc.

Under this topic, let's discuss the bloopers that makes you want to laugh so hard that have stitches in your stomach.  ROFL

(Viewbies, you can move this to the 'right' thread/section.  I don't want to offend anyone) Big smile

Let me start first.

Handphones! 

The technology of handphones changes very often, but guess what?  In serials, all the phones seems to be not only outdated, the characters seems not to be knowing some basic functions of handphone. When they are making calls, they will punch the numbers over and over again.  5 secs will be wasted just to make one phone call.  (or to drag the serial itself).  Helloooo.......... don't you guys know there is such thing as "redial" and "speed dial" modes?  LOL

Another thing I noticed is that, the female characters will hold the handphone in both of their hands and hold tightly to it, in case it is going to fall down, when making phone calls.  Big smile

Handbags!

A woman's precious treasure is her handbag or her wallet.  She never leaves home without it.  Inside a woman's handbag, there are lots of precious things in it.  If the woman is a mother, you can even find a bag of cookies in her handbag for emergency uses.

But in serials I have observed, one all the leading ladies do not carry a handbag.  They just jump into an auto without a wallet.  God knows where else they keep their money.  Do you reckon the money is kept inside her saree blouse like our grandmas used to keep? (Choli kah pechai ahe..... sorry guys I really cannot remember the wordings, although the song from KNayak was a real controversy few years ago. ) LOL

Those who carry handbags have the same type.  The heroines like Abhi and Selvi - wears double long strap brown handbag hold tightly under their arms.  Whilst the sub heroines like Usha and Ranjini wears brown handbags with short straps.  Just wondering if the handbags jump from serial to serial. LOLLOLLOL  Not only that, their handbags are so light.  Right that is why they hold on to it tightly under their arms.  ShockedLOLLOL

Btw, all these handbags are so outdated.   I wish they at least wear an updated handbag.  Was so happy to watch Chandra from Kalasam was up-to-date with handbag when she was using a red pvc crocodile designed handbags.  Simply gorgeous.  Kudos to her. Thumbs Up

So what are you waiting for?  Let's have some fun in the midst of being frustrated watching the serials.

Edited by Caryn - 25 March 2009 at 7:46pm

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaKarthikkabrinny_gVani19netra_ramaMP_Radhaatina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Things that makes you ........" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Karthikka

IF-Dazzler

Karthikka

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 12:56am | IP Logged
What about clothes? If you are a traditional "homely" (God knows what that means!) girl, you wear sarees or churidars (by the way, I really don't like churidars as daily wear) but if you are "modern" or a divorcee aka Usha, you wear tight trousers and ill-fitting short blouses.

Going back to the mobiles, you forgot "Contacts" - if they want to call their own family/husbands/wives, they still have to press the numbers. LOL

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 2:00am | IP Logged
I got another one.

A couple of weeks ago, I caught a glimpse of Basky in the hospital - burnt unit under some banana leaves.  You can guess like he had 90% burn.

Then a couple of days ago, I got the glimpse of him limping and only a big black mark on his cheek.

Jeez......... if all burnt victims can recover as fast as he did, there is no need for plastic surgery and burnt unit.  A banana leaf is more than suffice.  LOL.

eclat

IF-Veteran Member

eclat

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Talking of handphones - the worst is the landline or fixed line phones.  Invariably they would be placed on the center table.  Some serials dont even show a telephone cord running out of it.  Would anyone place a telephone right there in the center of the living room.  Wont people trip and fall over the wire if at all there was one ?

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Good post Caryn. Thanks for opening this.

When you talked about hand bags...I remmebr one incident: I noticed in Bandham Nithila used ( log time back) a bag whil really looks like a bus conductor's bag...with long sling etc......and when I visited her I mentioned about this and gave her a nice guess hand bag......which clings onto her shoulder...with short handles......( she used it in quite  episodes later....

They don't even keep the fashion trends....and they are STARS......mmmm

rojapoooo

IF-Sizzlerz

rojapoooo

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 9:51am | IP Logged
awwwww U should see the way these women work in
the kitchen - full make up, jaga jaga sarees, not one hair
out of place, no sweating.....habbaaa

Another thing is about the way they cry - they start the
oppari, run to the bed room and bingo...exactly land on
the mattress ( my daughter once wanted to try this out
dang....she fell down ...... she had her face closed as
she was actually laughing and did not want to spoil the
oppari image Wink)

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:28am | IP Logged
They don't only work in kitchen wit full make ups LOLLOL they even wake up with them.ShockedShocked..... my how i wish when i wake up in the mornings like that Embarrassed looking cute and pretty LOLLOLLOL

Im not sure how many noticed this .. one minute they get into  the car using green saree... the next episode they get down from the car with pink saree LOLLOL

thanks caryn for this tread....moved to others topic naa Embarrassed

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
That was a good one Atina and Roja. ROFL  Roja I am trying to imagine your daughter jumping into bed ... that was a good one.

In one of indian magazines in Malaysia, they compared how Bollywood stars dresses up and Kollywood stars dresses up.  This off -shooting period.  OMG..... there is so much of vast difference between the North and South.  I was so amazed.

New bloopers they have added to serials - characters coming with ridiculous English accent.  The latest is in Arasi.  Did anyone watched that?  My family and  I were (including my dad)........ ROFL

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.