Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

rosewood104

IF-Dazzler

rosewood104

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:21pm | IP Logged
'I believe in both'
Hina Khan doesn't mind falling in love after marriage, just like her character in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai
Hina Khan with co-star Karan Mehra

With Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, TV producer Rajan Shahi has scored another success after Bidaai. And what Bidaai did for Sara Khan and Parul Chauhan's careers, Yeh Rishta is doing for Hina Khan, who plays the protagonist Akshara. Let's hear it all from Hina Khan...

Your show Yeh Rishta is doing rather well...

Thank you so much. We had worked hard for it and were expecting a positive response from the audiences.

Love blossoms after marriage on your show. Do you believe in love marriages or not?

I do not want to be partial. I believe in both love marriages and arranged marriages.

But which would you prefer?

I do not mind (!) if I fall in love and get married to that person; and I have no complaints even if my parents find a guy for me. After joining the unit of Yeh Rishta I have realised that meeting a person just 15 days before marriage and getting to know him and then falling in love with him after marriage is a different experience for a girl. You truly fall in love after marriage.

In the show you do not defy your father. Would you do that in real life?

I cannot go against my parents. I'm very close to my parents and do whatever they ask me to.

Your character in the show even leaves singing when her father is not happy with it. Whereas in the film Delhi-6, Sonam Kapoor's character revolts against her father...

Delhi-6 is a movie. Films just come and go whereas serials last for a long time. In the serial, my father gets angry with me not because he is against me but because I could not express my feelings before him. He loves me so much and is so close to me that he does not do any auspicious work without seeing my face. So if I had told him that I wanted to be a signer, he would have supported me.

This show seems to have a Bidaai hangover as it is being made by the same producer...

Bidaai is altogether a different story. The only similarity between the two shows is that we show family values, traditions, respecting your elders and father, a strict atmosphere at home which is there in any traditional family.

Recent shows are tackling social issues whereas Yeh Rishta is the same old theme...

From the time I have started seeing television, I have not seen this concept where love after marriage is explored. You can say that our show's message for the youth is that you do not necessarily have to fall in love and then get married. You can get married and fall in love.

Tell us about your background...

I come from Srinagar. I was studying management in Delhi and was in my last semester when a friend told me about the Yeh Rishta auditions. I always liked acting but it is not something that I "had" to do. I had thought I would find a good job in an MNC but if acting assignments came my way I would not say "no". I auditioned and the next day I got a call to come to Mumbai. And here I am. My parents have been very supportive.

Do they have reservations about the kind of scenes and clothes you wear?

That will be a matter of concern for every parent. But finally I'm getting their support.

How is your rapport with the male lead Karan Mehra?

Karan is very sophisticated and since we have still not worked a lot together I cannot tell you much about him. He is nice.

Lata Sabherwal and Sanjeev Seth, who play your on-screen parents, have just got married in real life...

I cannot tell you how happy I was when I came to know about them. It is really nice that things are "happening" on the sets (laughs). The concept of falling in love after marriage is being followed by them. They liked each other, got married and now the love has begun.

cheers
resh

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ashwithamitzi11Monu-SunNaayipee-Ami-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "I believe in both-Luv&Arng Marage-Hina/Akshara-NEW" in Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

McDreaamer

IF-Dazzler

McDreaamer

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:05pm | IP Logged
Hina seems like a really nice girl, TFS.

.Senorita.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Senorita.

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 4:43pm | IP Logged
thnxxxx for sharing:)
She is sweet girl.Love her

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Hawwww....Lata and Sanjeev are married to each other ? Wow , thats cool !

-SalShah4eva-

IF-Achieverz

-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 9:29pm | IP Logged
wow they r maried in real life
woh didnt know that
wow awesome
gr8
hina is very sweet gal..

mehraan

IF-Sizzlerz

mehraan

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 6:51am | IP Logged
thanx 4 the interview dear!wow i didnt kno her onscreen parents were real partners!!

_Payuu_

IF-Sizzlerz

_Payuu_

Posted: 28 March 2009 at 10:06am | IP Logged
wow
hina is such a sweet gal
thanx 4 sharing

afreen_786

IF-Dazzler

afreen_786

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 2:53am | IP Logged
awwwwww she is sooo sweet