Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

Welcome friends, this is Mahi and I know all of you have been waiting for this thread.  I love it too Embarrassed Yep I am talking about the...

This time's game is really simply.  One member leaves a word/concept and the next the person has to give an advice related to that word/concept.

The adivce doesn't have to be serious, it be funny as well. Go wild with it Tongue (Not literally because you still have to follow IF Rules Embarrassed)

For example, I can say "Apples" and the next person can say "An apple a day keeps the doctor away." Or I can say "Computers" and the next person can say "Keep your computer safe with anti virus softwares."  Get the hang?

Remember to tell us your advice, and do leave a word/concept for the next person.

So my dear friends, please grab one of these drinks and play this game with me!

I'll start.  How about "LOVE" as most of the topics in the forum are about love Wink.  Next person has to give a short advice related to love and also leave a word/concept for the next person.

Let's go!!

Over to you all!

I hope all of you FUN playing this game!  

Mahi
Dev. Team

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "GOTW: Let's share some Advice!" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 9:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Thanks Saira!

Spoilt Children - Well, the important thing is not to let them reach that stage.  Psychologists say that it's great to have children let their way once in awhile, but it's also important to assert your authority sometimes.  By not giving them 5 candies everyday, you're not being unfair or harsh, You're just being normal and doing what's best for the kid.

Now even if you have reach the stage when there children are spoiled, then positive or negative reinforcement should work really well.  Positive reinforcement - give them something they like when they do something good.  Negative reinforcement - take away a privilege when they're not listing to you or giving others hard time.

Next: Advice on Friendship

-Mahi

xsweetbabygyalx

xsweetbabygyalx

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Advice on Friendship-:
Friendship comes in many different shapes, color and sizes. A true friend will always support the other person as a brother or a sister without breaking the friendship by lying, being jealous, being prejudice, and hating the other person for no reason.

Next: Advice on Jealousy and how to deal with people who are jealous of a person for no reason

xsweetbabygyalx

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
People are jealous of others because they're insecure.  Jealousy doesn't get you anywhere and it doesn't help you either.  But being happy for other does help you and makes you a better person.  Instead of thinking why does she have what I don't have? Think that you will try harder the next time and get it for yourself.  The MOST important thing is that in order to go up you don't need to pull everyone else down.  Just go up yourself and you'll be on the top and stay there for longer!

Next: Advice on how to deal with unwanted criticism.

-Mahi

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
Advice on unwanted criticism:

Learn to want it, because critcism helps a person learn. Sometimes it can be harsh, but not everyone will love you. Learn to take the positive of it and try to understand why the person even criticized you. It may help the next time a certain situation comes about.

Next: Advice on controlling your temper and being patient  

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
I really need advice on being patient myself... Although my temper is pretty much under control, I can be pretty impatient at times.

Ok, so how to control your temper - Drink a Cold glass of water! Really, it makes all the difference! Second thing you can do is go away from the place that made your temper go up!  Just going away from the person/place really helps and you'll be a bit less angry.  Think about something good - that will not only make you patient but also make you happy as well. Remember, Temper is the only thing you can't get rid of by losing it!

Next: Advice on how to deal with rude and mean people even when you've been particularly kind to them.

-Mahi

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Good advice Mahi!Wink

Anyway, confront the person and ask them what they're problem is. (In nicer terms...) Once you find out why they're acting in a certain way, try fixing it. If it still doesn't work, leave it and try to ignore it. There will be people like that out there, but just keep in mind that five to ten years from then, will all these squabbles really matter?

Next: Advice on people who really want to be your friend, but they're not your favorite type of person.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top