Gossip Girl prequel mingling with O.C.?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:03am | IP Logged

Gossip Girl prequel mingling with O.C.?

Will young Lily be hanging out with young Kirsten and Jimmy? New Gossip Girl mag cover is extra scandalous.

I scream, you scre--OH MY GOD!
I scream, you scre--OH MY GOD!

Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage may still be in the early stages of developing their Gossip Girl prequel, but they've got some interesting ideas they're floating around. The latest rumor to come from Camp Schwartz says that the lead character may be having a run in with characters from another Schwartz show.

The Gossip Girl spinoff, which we'll get a peek at during the May 11 episode of Gossip Girl, is set in the 1980s and will follow young Lily van der Woodsen as she sows her oats in Valley-Girl-era Los Angeles. According to EW.com, Schwartz and Savage are thinking about having young Lily mix it up with young versions of Kirsten Nichol and Jimmy Cooper from Schwartz's other teen drama, The O.C..

Why stop at just that one Schwartz show? Why not have Lily babysit a young Chuck Bartowski (Chuck)?

In other Gossip Girl news, the show may not get the ratings its hype would leave you to believe (even President Obama name-dropped the show during a recent speech), but that won't stop the hype from coming.

Banking largely on the sex appeal of its young cast, Gossip Girl hasn't shied away from using its starlets in controversial fashion to get some viewers. But the latest cover of Rolling Stone (pictured above) may top them all. The cover features stars Blake Lively and Leighton Meester sharing an ice cream cone, and… well, it ain't too subtle. There are more pictures at RollingStone.com, including a photo of the two eating licorice… the same piece of licorice. I realize both women are over 21 (15-year-old Taylor Momsen was wisely left out), but "aye caramba!" Is this right, considering the number of young teens who watch the show?

Good fun or bad role models?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gossip Girl prequel mingling with O.C.?" in CW Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 10:04am | IP Logged

I don't get it .. are they having like a whole new show based on Lily when she was younger .. or is this all taking place in one episode of Gossip Girl?

aha Jimmy and Kiki in GG lmaoO this I wanna seee.

And as for the role model bit .. I don't think either Leighton or Blake can be called role models ON the show or OFF. Let them do whateverr .. its all just publicity for the show anyways.

Edited by preity*zinta - 25 March 2009 at 10:05am

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 25 March 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
I am SO sick of the media putting blame on young female actresses, singers, etc whenever they do anything because they are supposed to be rolemodels. its like wtf.. theyre job is just to act and play out roles in a show..not be the rolemodels and idols for young, impressionable kids.

preity*zinta

IF-Veteran Member

preity*zinta

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 10:30am | IP Logged
^ well said Navi .. andd honestly like its stupid to make every newcommer that comes into the Tv business or into hollywood a rolemodel .. cuz not all of them claim to be role models and I doubt half of them wanna be role models .. they're out to act, do things to make us watch their shows and .. thats exactly what they're doingg

Post Reply New Post

Go to top