Is One Tree Hill dumping Chad Michael Murray?

preity*zinta thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Is One Tree Hill dumping Chad Michael Murray?

Amateur video captures One Tree's Lucas Scott saying he won't be back because show wants to "save money."

Chad Michael Murray... concerned.
Chad Michael Murray... concerned.

There have been rumors around the Web that Chad Michael Murray is leaving the CW's One Tree Hill for good at the conclusion of the season, much to the chagrin of the show's fans. Last month, fan site OneTreeHillFans.com cited sources who say Murray has not renewed his contract with the drama, and wants to move on for personal and professional reasons.

Now it looks like there may be more to the story. Murray is apparently on his way out, but not on his own accord. Amateur video (which has since been removed by the user) recorded by YouTube user Allee8890 caught the star posing for photos with fans on location in North Carolina, and Murray shocked those that gathered by saying producers don't want him back.

"They don't want me… I'm not joking," Murray says between photos. "They're not bringing me back… because they want to save money."

Murray knows that fans some sway over decisions, and encourages One Tree Hill's faithful to "start blogging" and let them know they're disappointed that he isn't being re-signed.

One Tree Hill will be back for another season, but without Chad Michael Murray? Does that make much sense? I know we're all in a bit of a financial crunch, but should shows save money by dumping lead actors?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

preity*zinta thumbnail
WHAT THE.

CUTTING BACK ON COSTS? So they think firing CMM is gunna help them .. okay maybe finacially .. but the show will literally go down the drain with now half the cast missing!
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! Thats soo dumbb!
I agree with u Swati..getting rid of Chad to save money will lose them even moree moneyyy coz the show will literally go down the drain as you said! That's prolly why they're getting rid of Hilarie too..but getting rid of both of them won't do them or the show any good! They're gonna lose all their money in the end when season 7 flops! arghhh!
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I saw on wiki CW secured OTH for 10 seasons! Wow, 3 seasons of no storyline..also they wanted to cut costs get rid of all those tooooo many additional characters.
preity*zinta thumbnail
what the hell, ten years? they dont even have a cast finalized yet for the next season .. what are the producers doingg
Leenasmg thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OMG! Init tho..wot is going on here..wot are they doinggg?? It makes no sense..they're prolly gonna find it hard to get through the next season with them getting rid of half of the main characters/cast! And now 3 more seasons..without Lucas and Peyton..hmm..i don't think so!
-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i hope they can atleast the remaining original cast BETTER storylines with the departure of CMM and Hil.
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I dont understand how this is gonna work. Im sure a major portion of OTH Will stop watching the show if Hil & Chad leave. Why chad & Hil?
this is pathetic.
contingency thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ten seasons? Eww. OTH is not going to be the same w/o Leyton.
mz.jess thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
tell me about it ^

i dont know how im gonna watch the next season  :|