Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil
Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

India-Forums

|Radz'Ramblings|| 50th shot. [page 18] (Page 10)

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
I had written this ages ago for a friend's birthday, but I hadn't posted it because there were three birthdays and I had only written two of the three shots I had planned. I still haven't written the third shot, but I shall, soon.

I hope the friend who this is for enjoys this.

-|Bholi Si Surat|-

Mayank Sharma gazed out of his car window, tapping his fingers unintentionally against the steering wheel as he waited for the lights to change colour. He had ten minutes to get to the office, and he was lucky that he was only two blocks away at the moment. A flash of white caught his eye, and he strained his eyes to see what had gotten stuck up a tree. A pair of legs could be seen dangling from a branch, the owner obscured by leaves. Further up, that same flash of white fluttered again, and he realised that it was a dupatta, the long piece of cloth having gotten stuck amongst the branches. He saw fingers untangle the dupatta carefully, and the slender legs swung to one side as the owner leaned further to grip the dupatta. Mayank shook his head in amusement, wondering just which girl would climb a tree for anything. Whoever this was, she was an enigma, he decided as he started on his way.

That pair of legs clad in a white churidaar stayed at the back of his mind throughout the day.

~~~~~

Mayank frowned down at his sketch, putting his pencil aside in favour of his eraser. He carefully rubbed off the curve of the legs, and sketched in a new angle. More pleased with his work, he sat back in his chair. In front of him was his newest sketch, a piece he had immediately gotten to work on when he had reached home. The girl in the tree had invaded his thoughts throughout the day, and was begging to be drawn, so he had set to work. And now captured in front of him in his sketchbook was the scene from earlier in the day.

Briefly, he wondered what the rest of her looked like.

~~~~~

Shuffling through his papers, Mayank did not see the desk in front of him. Painfully, he was acquainted with it. Wincing, he rubbed his knee, placing his file on top of a pile on the desk. He straightened in surprise when the pile was lifted by an unknown, and the books, his file lying on top, were taken by a young woman. The dark, wavy hair registered in his mind as he called out to her. She turned, and Mayank was taken aback by the eyes. They were begging to be sketched, drawn and painted. She allowed him to take his folder back, offering him a soft 'sorry'.

Mayank's work was marred by sketches of a pretty pair of dark eyes, all not quite right.

~~~~~

The dark head of hair that was bent over a messy desk of papers looked up in annoyance as he was interrupted by incessant humming. The proposal had to be handed in by the end of the day, and not only were thoughts of the girl in the tree and the girl with pretty eyes occupying his mind, now, someone was humming! Growling furiously under his breath, Mayank attacked his work with a vengeance that had little to do with love for his job and more to do with the desire to pull out his sketchbook and see if the forms of the two girls were the same.

The humming grew into soft singing, and Mayank heaved a sigh. He pushed back his chair, not caring that it screeched against the hard wood floor and stalked over to the musician.

"Excuse me," he snapped.

She whirled around, a strand of her hair falling across her face. She pushed it back in annoyance, before blinking up at him. Mayank fought the urge to blurt out 'It's you!' when her eyes caught his. Everything matched, and he found that the desire to sketch her, while not gone, was no longer as strong as it had been, because his query had been answered.

"Yes?" she enquired after more silence.

"Could," he attempted. "could you please not sing? I have some work to finish, but I've been getting distracted."

She looked embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I'll be quiet. Everyone always says I make too much noise. My friends think the silence scares me. Stupid idea though, right? How can silence scare anyone?"

Mayank let a grin spread across his face. She screwed up her face in consternation. "I'm babbling aren't I?"

"A little," he admitted. "But it's cute," his smile dropped. He did not just say that.

The blush that stained her cheeks confirmed that, yes, he did say that. "I'm Madhuri," she offered.

"Mayank," one corner of his lips tilted upwards.

"Nice to meet you," her lips curled back into a wide smile, and without thinking, Mayank asked her out for dinner.

~~~~~

The sketchbook was filled with images of Madhuri by the end of the week. Mayank only ever let his wife open that book, many years after their marriage, admitting to her that he had been fascinated by her before their first meeting.

-||-

Second birthday shot below!

Do let me know what you think.

Love,
Radz

Edited by Anhdara13 - 29 March 2011 at 2:52am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indiandoll89

ROBlicious. IF-Sizzlerz
ROBlicious.
ROBlicious.

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Anuu What a great job yaar =)
Your soo creative =)
I just saw your SS right now and they are awsomeeeeeeeee Plus your FF's rock too =)
You such and awsomeee writer yaar great job =)
Next time please PM meee Pleaseeeeeeee =)
Love Ayysha

Anhdara13

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
The second birthday shot! I shall write the third one soon, I hope. I have a story idea.

It's more of an experimental piece, so I apologise in advance.

Enjoy!

-|Ek Duje Ke Vaaste|-

Once upon a time, there was a girl who believed in Love. In another part of the world, there was a boy who believed only in what he could see. The girl grew up with the faith that somewhere out there in the world there was someone who was made just for her. The boy scoffed at the idea of Soulmates, believing instead that relationships arose from people getting to know one another.

The girl grew up to be sweet, kind and beautiful. Despite being raised abroad, she was cultured and traditional. Her parents adored her, and as she reached a marriageable age, they began to search for someone their daughter could love, and who would cherish their daughter as much as they did. Someone who would treat her as she should be, like a Princess. As for the girl, she dreamt of the day her Knight in Shining Armour would whisk her onto his steed and ride off into the sunset together.

The boy grew up to be compassionate, smart and handsome. He was of a traditional sort, not romantic in any way. He left the matters of the heart alone, keeping to his books and business, quickly becoming one of the most successful businessmen in India. His parents worried that their son would never grace their lives with a grandchild, and so began to search for a suitable bride for him. He was not interested in this, so he left the decision up to them. He did not need to worry about marriage and relationships. All the potential girls needed to know was that he was a straight-forward kind of guy, for whom work was extremely important.

The girl's family could not find a boy good enough for their darling in Canada, so they broadened their search. The girl's heart raced as she heard that they were going to India, wondering if maybe she would find her Prince there, finally, after years of waiting for him. They met many families, but not one of the men were her Right Guy. She would have grown disillusioned were she anyone else. But she knew she had to wait, because Someday, she would meet the Man of her Dreams.

The boy grew tired of constantly meeting different girls. They all began to blend together, faces melding. All were the same, superficial and too modern for his family's taste. He ached to get back to his work, wanting away from this long line of pretty faces who had no substance.

Then one day, the boy saw the girl, and for the first time in his life, he could not explain what happened. She was pretty, and simple, and unlike anyone he had ever met before. The girl had taken one look at him, and had known, he was The One.

Their families had agreed to the alliance even before the boy could figure out what he was feeling. When her hand was placed in his, he began to Believe.

Fairy Tales exist, in the unlikeliest of places. Prem Juneja fell in Love At First Sight, and Zahra got her Happily Ever After.

-||-

Do let me know, honestly, what you think.

Love,
Radz

Edited by Anhdara13 - 29 March 2011 at 2:53am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PH4EVRindiandoll89

indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Awww the one for Maddy was so totally cute!!! I loved the adorableness of the whole thing!Big smileEmbarrassed

Anhdara13

indiandoll89 IF-Addictz
indiandoll89
indiandoll89

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
OMG! The one for Z was sooo cool! Big smile I loved the concept! Big smileEmbarrassed

Anhdara13

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 17 November 2009 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
@ Ayysha: Thank you so much, that's so sweet.

@ Meera: Thanks so much Meera! *hug*

Love,
Radz

ash08 IF-Dazzler
ash08
ash08

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Radz, Awwwww.......... so sweet!! That was uber cute. Loved both of them. Hope Maddy and Zahra had a wonderful birthday!

Anhdara13

Anhdara13 IF-Rockerz
Anhdara13
Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 18 November 2009 at 1:30am | IP Logged
Thanks Ashie! I hope they love it too. :)

Love,
Radz

Go to top