|Radz'Ramblings|| 50th shot. [page 18] - Page 12

Posted: 12 years ago
lovely update i loved it.. it was very cute
Very lovely os!!! loved it!!!
i love angsty dark writing. even if it was just a drabble. perfect end to a long weekend! LOVE IT.
@ Meera: aww, thank you Mee! you know I'd write (practically) anything for you! Plus I had loads of fun writing this, even if it did break my heart while I did. :D Aww, if it makes you feel any better, in my head!canon, you were extremely happy with Prem, and Aamir met someone and fell in love, and then moved back, and the four of them were bffs. πŸ˜† 

@ Rinki: you ebil, you love angst way too much. but then again, it's so much more fun to write so I can't say much. you can be the 'someone' he meets k? πŸ˜† thanks Rinkz!

@ Kimz: HI KIMMIE. I miss you. aww, thanks hun! 

@ vrushika: thank you!

@ zigzagway_sadi: thanks!

@ Shabz: *facepalm* you and Rinkz are angst queens. Also, I miss you. and thank you!
I'm still alive! And still writing, but just barely. I'd finished up my fiftieth shot today, and I was so proud of myself, all set to post it! Then I realised I haven't written 48 and 49. *facepalm* Smart of me right? Meera thought so. πŸ˜† She told me that the next time I wrote her a shot, it'd have to be on Saanwali Si Ek Ladki, from Mujhse Dosti Karogi. So here is that shot!

---

Meera wandered away from her brother and his new fiance, intent on making sure everything was perfect for Gaurav's sagaai to one of her best friends. What she did not expect was Rinki to grab her hand and twirl her away, as someone whistled in the background. When she collided with something, hard, she fully expected to fall. Instead, hands grasped at her waist, steadying her. She would later deny it, but she felt tingles where warm hands touched her bare skin. Startled, she gaped up into familiar brown eyes. Some part of her wondered when exactly Prem Juneja had walked into the party, and how she did not even know he was back in town. She attempted to pull away, whispering her thanks and an apology, but he held fast.

And then he started to sing.

"Saanwali si ek ladki," some part of her registered that Preet was playing the guitar. And that none of her friends, and not even her brother, looked surprised at this turn of events.

"Saanwali si ek ladki," he started to dance her around the room. "Dhadkan jaisi dil ki." He let her go, clearly seeing the discomfort on her face. Yet he kept on singing, and he was singing to her. Meera had a hard time keeping the blush from creeping up her neck and onto her face.

"Saanwali si ek ladki, dhadkan jaisi dil ki," he danced over to Ravz and Asma, clearly keeping Meera in his sights. "Dekhe jiske, woh sapne," he pointed to her before looking at her friends, as if to ask them, "kahin woh main toh nahin." To Meera's utter embarrassment, both girls' nodded and smirked. She covered her face with her hand. Traitors.

"Saanwali si ek ladki," he sang again, smiling at her. "Dhadkan jaisi dil ki. Dekhe jiske, woh sapne," he made his way to her again, and bowed low. "Kahin woh main toh nahin. Saanwali si ek ladki," he backed away as the music began to swell.

Meera could not help the small smile that crept onto her lips as she watched Prem, her Prem, dance with each and everyone of her friends before pushing Gaurav and Bhavna into the centre. The two were completely enamoured with one another, lost in each other's eyes, even as Prem changed tack, and started to sing to them.

"Uski ghani zulfoon mein," he smirked at the blushing girl before turning to Gaurav, "kiski taqdeer hai." Tugging Bhavna away, he spun her around, "Uski haseen ankhoon mein," he made a show of it, before spinning her back to Gaurav. "Kiski tasveer hai."

"Aata nahin mujhko yakeen," he tugged lightly at Meera's dupatta, having come back to her side, "Par, kahin woh main toh nahin."

She allowed him to lead her onto the dance floor, biting at her bottom lip all the while.

"Saanwali si ek ladki, dhadkan jaisi dil ki," he lifted her chin a bit. "Dekhe jiske, woh sapne, kahin woh main toh nahin." Prem winked at her then, and she started. This was so utterly unlike the Prem she was used to.

"Saanwali si ek ladki," he trailed off again, as the music started. Taking the guitar from his brother, he began to play a tune. Meera's breath caught as she recognized it. This was the same tune he had come up with when he was younger, the one he would say that he would play to the girl he fell in love with. And he was staring at her, smile on his lips, spark in his eyes, as he played it.

"Yahaan wahaan kahaan kahaan jaane," Prem dragged Preet and Mayank into the dance with him, Rinki and Shabo swaying along with them behind, shooting Meera identical cheeky smirks. "rukti hai unki nazar." Making his way between the two girls, he twirled first Shabo, and then Rinki, into the waiting arms of their boyfriends. "Waise toh main hoon bekhabar, itna toh mujhko khabar," Radz and Adi had danced towards him, and he beckoned them closer, as if asking an important question. "Koi bhi hai hai woh yahin," slipping an arm around Radz' neck, he continued, "par kahin woh main toh nahin."

Then he let go of her, and the three fell into a line, picking up the chorus together. Meera shook her head in wonderment.

"Saanwali si ek ladki, dhadkan jaisi dil ki, dekhe jis ke, woh sapne," he held out one hand to her, even as she began walking away from where the rest of her friends were dancing in unison behind her. "Kahin woh main toh nahin."

She let Prem lead her across the dance floor, all smiles as she took in the elaborate set up he had done, with her friends, even with her brother, in order to tell her his feelings. Every one of her friends was dancing with their significant others as the song continued, and the men began to spin the girls around, switching partners.

She had reached her brother, and she simply pulled his ear lightly before spinning away and into the arms of the next. "Dekhe jiski, woh sapne, kahin woh main toh nahin."

Meera giggled slightly as she spun again, and back into the arms of Prem. Her smile became a little softer, and she knew her cheeks had turned pink. "Haan kahin woh main toh nahin." He drew her closer, and rested his forehead on hers. "Hey, kahin woh main toh nahin."

---

Please note that this hasn't been edited, my grammar and spelling have not been checked through by anyone, so I may make changes.

Do let me know what you think!
I like your headcanon but whoa Rinki's the one he meets? 😲 shockerrr, cept she wouldn't be with him that way I don't think πŸ˜›

As for this one ☺️

Shall be edited tonight! πŸ˜ƒ (If not, then remind me! πŸ˜›)

*edited*

You really are so smart for finishing your 50th and not having a 48th or 49th *sigh* but what would you have done if you didn't have my (rather selfish) suggestion *angel face* Onto the shottt

GAURAV AND B! πŸ˜ƒ I love this jodi, have I mentioned that? ;P But aww how they're getting engaged. so sweet.

Haye. Prem. ☺️ *giggles* Him serenading me. What more could I want? But psh at Ravz and Asma, as if my uncontrollable blush wasn't enough, they had to agree with the song lyrics :P

Awww him dancing with all you girls, well of course he would right? And aww B and Gaurav sound so in loveee <3 I like this πŸ˜† you need to write a full fledged shot on them now 😲

Oh and dude I loved the way you incorporated that 'jaane dil mein' tune and made it part of the story <3 It was romanticcc ☺️☺️ Preet and Mayank with Rinkz and Shabzie <3 This makes me miss those insane group shots with all 12 of us girls :| or was it 13? I can't even remember.

Oh and I'd totally be turning bright tomato red and I liked that I pulled on Gaurav's ear. He deserved that. What kind of brother watches while some guy sings to his little sister :o hehe nah I'm kidding but really the ending made me sigh all dreamylike <3

Thank youuu for this Radzie <3 πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€— I also hope my comment suffices πŸ˜‰

Love you,
Mee
Edited by indiandoll89 - 12 years ago
@ Meera: the only reason I said Rinki was the one he meets was because of her comment. πŸ˜† he could have met anyone! and whoa, you wrote one heck of a long reply. oh pooi, don't be mean to me! I honestly thought I'd written more - technically, I had written more, just not in this list. πŸ˜† I had to make it someone's engagement, and I could honestly see you flitting about worrying about everything at your brother's so I brought in this pair. after all, they are your brain!child so :D everybody else sort of wrote themselves in. our crazy shots were like that too. haha. I am so glad you liked it! I wasn't sure about how it would turn out so *cuddles*

@ zigzagway_sadi: thank you!

@ sowmya18: thanks!
number 49! it's short, a drabble more than anything else. Also, something very different for me - Meet, but with a twist! Re-incarnation tracks are fun, sometimes, and also, usually done for premheer-are-one but meherpreet's love is also real, and true, albeit in a different way. so here it is!

---

Meher Kapoor was an ordinary girl, with a completely ordinary life. She had loving parents, a nice home, practically everything she could ask for. Yet, sometimes she found herself looking back as she left the house, ready to call out for a Di she never had. Or she would stop at the mandir to pick up a rakhi, for a Bhai who did not exist. Meher Kapoor was, after all, an only child. These incidents would have the easy smile falling off her face as confusion covered it, and a deep and entirely unfounded sense of loss gripped her heart.

She would brush this off, and if at any time her heart skipped a beat when she caught sight of a tall and lanky young man, with a head of curly dark hair? Well, then, she obviously had a type.

And then on the first day of college, as she made her way across the quad, she caught sight of curly dark hair. Her heart skipped a beat, as she expected it to. And then he looked up.

And her breath caught in her throat.

Dark brown eyes, a familiar pair of dark brown eyes. A beloved pair of dark brown eyes. "Preet," she whispered. She remembered laughter and marrying her best friend. She remembered warm embraces and friendly teasing. She remembered finding herself waking up one day to the realization that she was in love with her husband. She remembered a love lost too soon, and a life that lost it's colour. She remembered living without love, without unencumbered laughter. She remembered being Meher Maan, and then Mrs. Meher Preet Juneja. She remembered.

The way his large strides ate up the ground between them, his hands came up to frame her face, his warm breath caressed her cheeks as he rested his forehead on hers and whispered her name like a prayer? That told her that he remembered too.

Meher Kapoor was an ordinary girl. Preet Sharma was an ordinary man.

But the love Meher Maan and Preet Juneja shared had been extraordinary, and it lived again in two completely ordinary people.

There was no stopping love.

---

do let me know what you think!

Radz... You amazing human being! πŸ‘... How did I not know this thread existed?!

I actually enjoyed the little drabble it's too short to call a shot in myyy opinion but it'll do because I want you to post the 50th πŸ˜ƒ

Should I reply to the other comment? *taps chin*  It turned out wonderfully and yes Gaurav and B are my brain!child and how I love them so :D

Love you,
Mee