Non Sun TV Serials

India-Forums

Sollathaan Ninaikiren - Zee Tamil

Maasila2 Newbie
Maasila2
Maasila2

Posted: 24 March 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
Hi guys,

There's a new serial called Sollathaan Ninaikiren on Zee Tamil. It is directed by K Balachander and it just started this week. I just caught the first episode and thought that I would post the update if anyone was interested.

(I'm not too familiar w/ the names of the actors so I'll stick to the characters' names)

The serial opens w/Madan, a famous actor in serials, doing a prayer at home. His cell phone is ringing but he ignores that and keeps praying. When he's done, he checks and it was a call from Khusboo to wish him well on his new serial that starts today. He gets calls from other serial actors too. We also find out that he has 1 daughter and they have a good relationship although his daughter is very possessive of him. His assistant is called Pattabi and his new serial called Kaviyam has its pooja today.

Madan's daughter is Charu and she is in the temple. She is very irritated because no one is paying attention to the priest as he does the pooja. People are talking on thier cell phones and having other conversations. She asks the proest to stop the pooja at one point and points out that he mis-pronounced a word in the mandiram. He is embarassed and asks if she came tothe temple just to cause trouble. Charu says that she was pointing out a mistake and that is not causing trouble. She says that no one is paying attention because the pooja is in sanskrit and no one can understand it. She asks the priest to say teh pooja in Tamil. The priest says that is not done and when Charu asks why, he says because the poojas have been in sanskrit since the beginning and they can't change that now. Charu says that everything is changing now. She says taht back then, people knew sanskrit so it made sense to have the pooja in that lang. but now, it is better to have the pooja in tamil so everyone can understand. The people in the temple agree w/her. Charu says that she does not hate Sanskrit but that seh loves Tamil. The priest says that he doesn't know how to say the pooja in Tamil so Charu says the pooja in Tamil. Everyone is praying now w/o distractions. The priest tells Charu that he will also try to say the poojas in Tamil from now on and wishes her well.

Back home now, Charu chooses her father's outfit for the day and they joke around a little. Later, Pattabi compliments Madan on his outfit and mentions that it is sad that Madan's wife is not there. Madan says that he has raised Charu w/o her feeling the loss of her mother and asks Pattabi not to bring this up again.

At the pooja for Kaviyam, everyone is getting ready. Madan and Pattabi arrive in an auto beacuse the car broke down. At the pooja the producer announces that the director of the serial will be his son, Naveen Kumar. He asks Naveen to get Madan's blessings (fall at his feet- kaalil vizhundhu kumbidu) and Madan stops him. Madan says that he doens't believe in people falling at another person's feet. Pattabi says that a great actor like Madan can't be directed by a newcomer and Naveen is sad. Madan interupts and says that, at one point, he was a new comer too. He says that the director is the captain of the ship and he will do what the Director asks. Madan wishes Naveen well and says he is excited to work w/ him. Naveen is very happy and the pooja continues.

They film a scene of the serial and Madan does a very lengthy scene in one shot and everyone is full of praises. (The scene w/in the scene was of Madan playing an older brother that yells at, then advices his younger brother and his wife). Meanwhile, Charu goes into a newspaper and starts to yell at a reporter because they printed an article that said Madan showed up for a shooting drunk.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaanamellisainetra_ramanithyamkvMP_Radha

MP_Radha IF-Veteran Member
MP_Radha
MP_Radha

Posted: 24 March 2009 at 10:41pm | IP Logged

Thanks for the update Maasila...

I've always enjoyed watching K Balachander's serials!  Hopefully this will be as good as the one we've seen in the past...

CG_SRI Groupbie
CG_SRI
CG_SRI

Posted: 26 March 2009 at 2:55pm | IP Logged

Nice updates Maasila. I hope this serial is entertaining like others by KB sir.
nithyamkv Channel Moderator
nithyamkv
nithyamkv

Posted: 29 March 2009 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Thanks for the updates maasila
mellisai Viewbie
mellisai
mellisai

Posted: 04 April 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Thank for the update maasila. Nice serial. Kavya Sekhar (Charulatta) is an amazing actressClap, I still remember her from the few episodes I watched of Sahana!
rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 04 April 2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Give me KB any day - and Sri, thanks for the PM.
Ok I will try to watch this online - and If  I am able to
watch, then I will update this - for sure - KB's serials
respect women and their true mettle - yessss Roja
will update
rojapoooo IF-Sizzlerz
rojapoooo
rojapoooo

Posted: 05 April 2009 at 11:33am | IP Logged
OKKKK I can watch this on line - only 7 episodes
have gone - I will start updating this from the 8th
episode and will give a synopsis of the previous
7 episodes. KB gives an intro - where he says that
this story will not have the usual revenge /MIL -DIL
fights / murders  etc., etc., He actually spoke my mind.
Trust him to come up with some thing original and watch
worthy. Eyes down folks, Roja will update. If any one else
is interested, let me know. We can have a schedule for update
and go ahead.
mellisai Viewbie
mellisai
mellisai

Posted: 06 April 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged

Can't wait to read your updates, Roja.

Originally posted by Maasila2

Madan's daughter is Charu and she is in the temple. She is very irritated because no one is paying attention to the priest as he does the pooja. People are talking on thier cell phones and having other conversations. She asks the proest to stop the pooja at one point and points out that he mis-pronounced a word in the mandiram. He is embarassed and asks if she came tothe temple just to cause trouble. Charu says that she was pointing out a mistake and that is not causing trouble. She says that no one is paying attention because the pooja is in sanskrit and no one can understand it. She asks the priest to say teh pooja in Tamil. The priest says that is not done and when Charu asks why, he says because the poojas have been in sanskrit since the beginning and they can't change that now. Charu says that everything is changing now. She says taht back then, people knew sanskrit so it made sense to have the pooja in that lang. but now, it is better to have the pooja in tamil so everyone can understand.

In K Balachander's Sindhu Bhairavi, there was a similar situation where audience were not listening to the music at a concert and Sindhu asks JKB to sing the song in Tamil so that everyone can understand. He gets angry and challenges her to sing the song in Tamil.Wink

Sindhu Bhairavi (Scene/ Song): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBagqESVCWU&feature=related

Go to top