Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
Wonderfully analysed post. I coulnd have done better. Very well explained and thoughtful.

THX
sonia bajwa thumbnail
If  it is true.then Poonam is responsible for all that.Disgusting
simran777 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rock-on

Wonderfully analysed post. I coulnd have done better. Very well explained and thoughtful.

THX

--Anytime dear! I carry and understand your view n thus just spoke on it..

Frankly, I'm not one to judge and categorize either of them again, I do not wish to play God's role here...it's each of their's karma that they'll deal with.The way I see it is, that they both should get help. I sympathize with both actually on different levels as in this matter of situation Both are in utter need of help, treatment, and therapy!

--I wish "we as the public people" for once could quit throwing around our 2 cents in jumping to judgements as opposed to understanding situationz atleast if we cannot do something positive about them. Somewhere along the lines...when we get into a mindset to logically evaluate situations along with carrying a genuine care to better or uplift people...we're bound to carry that out somehow somewhere in our lives. If we could attempt remotely to shift ourself to such mindsets then the world will lead towards a far better place than what it is today...
Originally posted by: sonia bajwa

If  it is true.then Poonam is responsible for all that.Disgusting

Yes ofcourse Poonam is responsible for her actions and by the way she is getting the punishment. But ID is the enabler. You know  what Johns always go scott free. Some how the enabler must also be punished. Pooanm is a victime of poverty and fame. All are not strong emotionally. Poonam is not strong emotionally. Thats why she fallen in the trap.
anjalibc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rock-on

Father figure & ID? My foot. He looks like pervert.

Absolutely right.I fully agree.  I too felt so , when SUMEDHA used to come on stage and sing, you watch his looks if you have the video recording. I found him very very dirty look and would wait for an opportunity to touch them etc.

I am sure he must have entered her room and forced upon her. She was just liking him for all his help , guidance and support, but he broke her trust.
anjalibc thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

hmm look at ismail darbars face when the girls are singing in voi.. then decide ... 100% pervert
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely right. I just posted a message saying the same. I felt it that time only from his look, particularly for Sumedha, and he would look for an opportunity to go on stage and touch them somehow hug etc.
Mistyy thumbnail
omg this is such a tragic end to a talented singer

i hope the story about her and ismail is not true😔
cynical thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: simran777

--Anytime dear! I carry and understand your view n thus just spoke on it..

Frankly, I'm not one to judge and categorize either of them again, I do not wish to play God's role here...it's each of their's karma that they'll deal with.The way I see it is, that they both should get help. I sympathize with both actually on different levels as in this matter of situation Both are in utter need of help, treatment, and therapy!

--I wish "we as the public people" for once could quit throwing around our 2 cents in jumping to judgements as opposed to understanding situationz atleast if we cannot do something positive about them. Somewhere along the lines...when we get into a mindset to logically evaluate situations along with carrying a genuine care to better or uplift people...we're bound to carry that out somehow somewhere in our lives. If we could attempt remotely to shift ourself to such mindsets then the world will lead towards a far better place than what it is today...

i completely agree with whatever you've said simran777 and rock-on.

@simran777.. just a question, are yu or hav yu studied psychology? i'm also a psychology student n rarely do i see anyone doing psychology.. it's interesting to come across ppl like yu :)

peace.
simran777 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cynical

i completely agree with whatever you've said simran777 and rock-on.

@simran777.. just a question, are yu or hav yu studied psychology? i'm also a psychology student n rarely do i see anyone doing psychology.. it's interesting to come across ppl like yu :)

peace.

Thanks 4 ur compliment dear! Yes, I've studied Psyc & Sociology...what is it that you're pursuing--career wise? It is rare i agree, personally I think in "desi" mentality it's not really taken so seriously--infact, it is what actually defines us in our way of thinking & being and so it's of even more importance to our Indian Society!!---for some aspects of our Indian culture are so great and on the other hand also narrow-minded, shallow, superstitious etc...
Also, perhaps this's the reason "mental diseases and disorders" are not really considered nor taken seriously as well. We do by nature have a tendency to ignore that which we don't understand. I don't think desi people fully comprehend and take seriously the issue of "abnormal mental states" as they should be taken. If in Indian thinking this could give this importance then things would better to a great degree, because what we fail to see is that a mental case of a disorder/disease is just as any other type of abnormality or cancer or disease state of our bodies. For example, if there's a cancer affecting a limb (an arm, leg, breast, etc...any organ) of our body and that gets removed/treated, our brain function is still there. Brain function is one of the most vital aspects to our bodies and not to mention lives---so, something affecting it needs an equally or even more serious attention. Firstly, most patients don't even admit to their problems, forget convincing them to get treatment for it. Truly though because we've never really acknowledged mental issues in it's proper manner unfortunately. We even find these issues shameful/humiliating to a degree (which explains partially why they're denied). The typical "desi thinking" generally sees only physical body diseases as the serious/ devastating issue..
This's why I was saying that there's MANY Many other people like Mr. Ismail Darbar and Poonam in India and around the world. They clearly are not in the normal state of mind to have such a happening take place. Ultimately, the duty falls somewhere along lines of Family, Friends, Doctors, Society, and us individuals to help in a way if possible or ATLEAST understand this matter properly!! To properly see that these are NOT NORMAL INDIVIDUALS IN THEIR RIGHT STATE OF MIND DOING THESE ACTIONS!!  ABNORMAL MINDS WILL RESULT IN ABNORMAL ACTIONS! How complicated is that to understand?!! SO, HOW CAN PEOPLE EXPECT NORMAL ACTIONS OUT OF SICK/ MENTALLY UNSTABLE MINDS????!! Take a closer look at the more extreme criminals and their acts. Those are adults but somehow mentally insecure/sick---so how can one expect they'll carry out "normal" actions?!! And so it makes me laugh at the "Normal" people even carrying such expectations! lol  What mentally disturbed people like this need is TREATMENT and THERAPY, not the public to sit there do nothing and pass judgements around, and certainly not to COVER IT UP!  How absolutely shallow of us to do. It's just like the people of poverty, homeless, disabled etc...which are in need of help than our narrow judgements! But as family, friends, humans, and society we fall somewhere from doing what's needed to be done:  --it's not right if Poonam's or Ismail's family/friends ignore or hide it of shame and not get treatment!! They don't need to be all public about getting help, but it's necessary that they get it by whatever way suits them. Only not doing something about it and covering it up is not a wise or acceptable solution. Problems are not solved this way, only worstened...This's why i'd said I sympathize with both Poonam and Ismail on different levels because once we as people can start handling such issues and opening our eyes to them maturely...we can help many of them from even happening in the first place!!
Hopefully, people can see/realize this sad yet true reality..
And thanks once again hun!--btw as you stated you're a psyc major, so i'll pm you a very interesting--it's titled, "The Power of Thought"
wishes again,
God Bless😊
Edited by simran777 - 15 years ago
RainshineDiva thumbnail
hmmm, sometimes it's not just a mood disorder or a mental instability which causes people to behave the way they do... but the mental instability becomes an outcome of her actual motive/cause.

i.e. the cause led to her desire to end her life (and thus suffering)

in poonam's case, the cause might even be a culmination of her circumstances, maybe she saw it as a way up the career ladder?

if she did, i feel sorry for her, because she's obviously going through a very rough patch.

just a thought...

what do you all think?