Bandini

19 Mar : WRITTEN update : The noose beckons ..

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

19 march 2009

The episode begins with Santo in her room , cleaning her lantern when Moti-ben barges into her room, announced. Santo is scared out of her wits and stands up ..

M : Guruji had said that my brother's luck would change for the better after he married you .. and he was right .. ever since he has married you, everything is going wrong for him .. he was leading a peaceful life earlier .. and now it's nothing but stormy… ever since he married you .. I don't know why and how someone can derive pleasure out of disrupting someone's life in such a manner?

S : I have always thought for the better of this house Ben-baa..

M : Think for it's welfare? Do you even know what it means to think for the welfare of someone? Do you know what it means to act for someone's welfare .. after our mother passed away, I have taken care of my naanka .. ever since Subhadra passed away, I have taken care and given a mother's love to his kids.. do you know why I haven't married yet? Because I wanted to be there for my family, my naanka , his lovely kids .. I have forsaken my happiness for my family's .. this is what is called as thinking and doing something for someone else's welfare .. but what is the use of telling this to you? Your old grandfather must have thought that he will destroy our peace and quiet by accusing Hiten but he has forgotten that now even he is related to this house and if proved wrong, my brother will punish him such that he will regret his decision .. you low-caste people ..what can I expect of you than resort to such lowly acts?

Santo is reduced to tears as Moti-ben leaves ..

_________

At Virat's place ,

Surekha asks Hiten why he has been called to the panchayat and Hiten tells her that his father, DM , only wants to show the world how just he is .. by accusing his son  - he just wants to prove his greatness to the world .. he announces that he has been called and he will definitely go .. Virat offers to come with him but Hiten refuses bluntly .. Virat insists he'll come along and infuriates Hiten :

H: Just because you are enemies with my father, you are making me a friend, aren't you?

Virat holds him and turns him around , telling him that he indeed has a professional enemity with DM which will always be there but this time it's not professional, this is about his nephew.. who he treats like a son .. he is not coming to rub anything in DM's face but to support him .. to see whether love conquers .. Hiten looks on unconvinced..

_________

At the village panchayat, the 4 panchs aka 'justice-bearers' are already present at the venue and are waiting for DM . The entire village has gathered .. DM arrives and shortly Hiten arrives as well.. the entire village is silent ..waiting for the clash of the titans (lol)

Surekha and Virat come with Hiten .. Surekha poses a question to DM – the panch .. as she is like Hiten's mother .. she tells him that she does not know what Hiten is accused of but she knows he's innocent. DM tells her that decision will be taken by the Panchayat .. Virat steps in and tells DM that Hiten will be proved innocent .. DM is enraged and tells him to keep out of Dharampur matters .. Virat tells him he's come because he is a relative of Hiten's ..

DM takes out the bracelet and shows it to everyone as proof found on the spot of the crime. DM calls Mongi and asks her whether Hiten was the same person she encountered that night .. she says she was not able to see the face properly because it was full of colors .. DM points to Hiten's car and asks her if it was the same car .. she agrees .. DM asks her to narrate all that happened last night .. when she finishes, DM asks Hiten if he wants to add anything.. to which Hiten says that Mongi is right.. and when he's about to add the 'if' part of the statement, the villagers assume that he's guilty and start moving violently towards him .. DM gets up angrily and announces that the verdict has not been passed yet and deploys his security guards to disperse the crowd.

DM asks Hiten if he wants to say one last thing before the verdict is announced. Hiten looks on defiantly but does not say anything – forcing DM to take the decision. He looks at the remaining 4 panchs for their approval and then announces that just like Hiten did not give the cow a chance to live, the same treatment will be given to him.. and he will be hanged to death in front of the whole village .. and the verdict will be carried out on the next full moon night .. he announces all this with a tear in his eye and looks away as soon as he finishes .. so that no one knows what he's feeling .. The entire family is numb after hearing the decision .. including Santo and Nanaji .. Hiten looks unaffected and walks away with a smirk ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
PREVIEW : DM breaks down in front of Subhadra's portrait - totally shattered..
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Sukhi... WOW... Brilliant episode.. And brilliant update.. It was like watching it all over again...

Question here, now that DM has already announced the punishment, wonder how Santu will get involved?? Maybe she herself opposes the punishment.. or will nanaji do it???
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
The preview had me tearing up sukhi... I was angry with DM after the episode got over, the preview completely melted me.. got all choked up... Monday is going to be completely mindblowing...
.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thank u Sukhi ji and I missed u so much last night hun😊

will come back with comments later dear😃
Sri_Nidhi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Sukhi. NO words to say . I never expected the verdict so soon. Precap is really speech less. Surprise is Motiben . What a splendid performance she gave really hats off . She sacrifised her whole life for her bother. Wow. And really RR in precap was fantastic. Even while giving verdict this expressions are good.
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
thanks so much Sukhi ji for the great update.. i've only watched the last part.. now, trying to see the first two parts (no voice, as of now).. back with my comments later.. thanks..!  at least i know what they were talking about.. lol..
ronitfan thumbnail
@ Mru,

The preview had me choked up as well .. especially the end of the preview when there is no background music and the most difficult voices to hear for someone like me - to hear someone like DM break down and sob .. the most raw emotions that DM can ever portray .. even before he ruled out the verdict, you could see the turmoil in his eyes .. and when Hiten was walking away, you could sense the immense isolation and loneliness he was experiencing ..

@ Angel - My pleasure ! Glad you liked it ..

@ Sri  -

It was a superb episode for sure .. today I'm officially outta words .. Ronit is one HECK of an actor!
ronitfan thumbnail
Originally posted by: pksanam

thanks so much Sukhi ji for the great update.. i've only watched the last part.. now, trying to see the first two parts (no voice, as of now).. back with my comments later.. thanks..!  at least i know what they were talking about.. lol..

My pleasure, Sanam !

Waiting for your comments ..
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Thanks Sukhi for the update. Instead of a terrific Thursday it has turned out to be a terrifying Thursday - DM ne seedhe phaansi ke saza suna di.

I think it is going to be Santu who is going to wonder what could have happened in the time between Mongi leaving the spot and the villagers finding Mongi dead. Or she will come upon something. If these issues would have been dealt with today then there would be no role for Santu to play in saving Hiten's neck from the noose.