Debate Mansion

Every day person in India and Pakistan (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 11

iiHEARTyu-x0

IF-Rockerz

iiHEARTyu-x0

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 8:40pm | IP Logged

Kay, we are all human beings, who cares if we're from diff countries! or if we have diff religions!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Every day person in India and Pakistan (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by Golden iron

After residing in India for 24 years and about 11 in Amrica, I feel India is more advance country. Whiel in school, we never felt that a student sitting next to me is a muslim.christian. We were all good friends . WHere as in USA, there is still a hatered towards a child who is not american by looks.
Yes, there was a part where while going to get fresh..we sued to joke ki pakistan ja rahe hain Big smile....not sure if that still i sthe case. but secularism definately is in India and  no where else.
200% agreed @ bold. Kabhi dimaag mey hi nahi aayaa...I used to wear a cross(was kinna of hep cool) for a while borrowed from a christian friend. I can expect now someone saying wth was wrong with you?... you had not darn respect for your own religion...LOL Chill Baby...

So with you guys here on here. I grew up in Bombay and things were really secular there. Society is so homogeneous and neighborhoods are so tight that you really do not feel that you are different religions. When things like the communal riots happened I used to think Indians are crazy. Those extreme situations hurt you and shake your belief in humanity a lot. However, sometimes when I see how crazy people in the States can get over religion - I truly miss the sense of community we have in India.

Oh Anshuu like wearing a cross. Some of my friends back home still do that. One of them even wants to tattoo a cross on his arm because it would be so cool. You do that in USA, people think that its insulting to your religion or to Christians.

In Bombay we celebrated EVERYTHING. It was awesome to live in a multicultural neighborhood. Diwali mein Mithai baato, Ganapati mein modak khao, Holi ke din puran poli, Eid ke din Biryani or sheer korma, Christmas main plum cake aur thoda wine. Kyon ki sabse badi puja to pet puja hi hoti hain. Bas! Thats why I wake up at 6 AM on my day of to start cooking for Thanksgiving. Petu maharaj ki jai ho! If everyone thought like that world would be a delicious place.

crossroads7

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 12:08am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 12:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Originally posted by Golden iron

After residing in India for 24 years and about 11 in Amrica, I feel India is more advance country. Whiel in school, we never felt that a student sitting next to me is a muslim.christian. We were all good friends . WHere as in USA, there is still a hatered towards a child who is not american by looks.
Yes, there was a part where while going to get fresh..we sued to joke ki pakistan ja rahe hain Big smile....not sure if that still i sthe case. but secularism definately is in India and  no where else.Clap
200% agreed @ bold. Kabhi dimaag mey hi nahi aayaa...I used to wear a cross(was kinna of hep cool) for a while borrowed from a christian friend. I can expect now someone saying wth was wrong with you?... you had not darn respect for your own religion...LOL Chill Baby...---There is Unity in DiversityBig smile Our countries culture teach..how to love people,how to respect our elders,parents,gust,fellow creatures etc etc n more!...But bade bade deso main chote chote probs hote rahte hey..its not a big issue!! Smile

Pak is good country..!! but they need changes,they need stable govt. n changes in peoples mind set ...

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

In Bombay we celebrated EVERYTHING. It was awesome to live in a multicultural neighborhood. Diwali mein Mithai baato, Ganapati mein modak khao, Holi ke din puran poli, Eid ke din Biryani or sheer korma, Christmas main plum cake aur thoda wine. Kyon ki sabse badi puja to pet puja hi hoti hain. Bas! Thats why I wake up at 6 AM on my day of to start cooking for Thanksgiving. Petu maharaj ki jai ho! If everyone thought like that world would be a delicious place.

Exactly !

i am lucky enough to do that still !

bhaad mein jaaye religion viligion , har festival ka khaana dekho ! Surely , all religions take you to the same goal........the stomach.LOL

anuradhasharma

Goldie

anuradhasharma

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 4:57am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by return_to_hades

Exactly !

i am lucky enough to do that still !

bhaad mein jaaye religion viligion , har festival ka khaana dekho ! Surely , all religions take you to the same goal........the stomach.LOL

LOL..yup.....
Pehle pet puja...fir kaam duja!

here in chandigarh also....anyone hardly pay attention...to religion..................wen i was small my nighbours were christians.....me and my family hav attened soo many prayers wid dem....my mom used to send me dere..so dat ..i cud hear some good things...........

my father always say...all r equal...
he once said...dat god is one...if u try to insult its one form den u r insulting the same god u belive......so many ppl ..so many belives!.....

its just....some areas of inda are really sensitive which are able to make news headines.......and ppl outside india  can see only dat!
i guess same is wid pakistan......we only read headlnes..and make assumtions..........

..................and both side media loves each other sooo much...dat ppl living on both side develop the same feeling......cozzz..."kalam ki takat ko kam mat samjho.....talwar se bhi tez war kerti hai...talwar to ek ya do ko marti hai....kalam to ek sath kayi ko maar dalti hai.....Wink"

Big smile

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 5:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anuradhasharma

."kalam ki takat ko kam mat samjho.....talwar se bhi tez war kerti hai...talwar to ek ya do ko marti hai....kalam to ek sath kayi ko maar dalti hai.....Wink"

wah wah anuradha ji wah wah !Clap

maan gaye ustaad !Big smileLOL

crossroads7

Posted: 21 March 2009 at 5:13am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top