Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: karandel_2008

People are both inherently evil and good. The way they behave depends on their real education and efficiency of rule enforcement. Internet is the proof of the previous statement.

Moreover, its relatively difficult to say things face to face, its easier on phone and easiest on Internet πŸ˜‰

thats true if the rules are not stringent then anyone could say anything to anyone or about anyone.
Edited by sandya_rao7 - 15 years ago
karandel_2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: sandya_rao7

thats true if the rules are not stingent then anyone could say anything to anyone or about anyone.

yes, regarding rule enforcement, traffic is another example and it is somewhat similar to Internet.
iiHEARTyu-x0 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Kay, we are all human beings, who cares if we're from diff countries! or if we have diff religions!

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: raj5000

200% agreed @ bold. Kabhi dimaag mey hi nahi aayaa...I used to wear a cross(was kinna of hep cool) for a while borrowed from a christian friend. I can expect now someone saying wth was wrong with you?... you had not darn respect for your own religion...πŸ˜† Chill Baby...

So with you guys here on here. I grew up in Bombay and things were really secular there. Society is so homogeneous and neighborhoods are so tight that you really do not feel that you are different religions. When things like the communal riots happened I used to think Indians are crazy. Those extreme situations hurt you and shake your belief in humanity a lot. However, sometimes when I see how crazy people in the States can get over religion - I truly miss the sense of community we have in India.

Oh Anshuu like wearing a cross. Some of my friends back home still do that. One of them even wants to tattoo a cross on his arm because it would be so cool. You do that in USA, people think that its insulting to your religion or to Christians.

In Bombay we celebrated EVERYTHING. It was awesome to live in a multicultural neighborhood. Diwali mein Mithai baato, Ganapati mein modak khao, Holi ke din puran poli, Eid ke din Biryani or sheer korma, Christmas main plum cake aur thoda wine. Kyon ki sabse badi puja to pet puja hi hoti hain. Bas! Thats why I wake up at 6 AM on my day of to start cooking for Thanksgiving. Petu maharaj ki jai ho! If everyone thought like that world would be a delicious place.

Yeah, next time we need to show how open we are, we gotta try out a cross or a tattoo. Remind me, yeah? LOL.

It is not immature to tell ppl they are wrong when they are. It is not immature to stand up for yourself. It is not immature to fight with bigots and primitive mindsets for your country. Ppl who do not are "dohh kaudi ke".

It is sad when ppl feel compelled to show their secularist credentials to show how open and gr8 they are. Seems like they are over-eager to do that and makes me wonder about them.

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: raj5000

200% agreed @ bold. Kabhi dimaag mey hi nahi aayaa...I used to wear a cross(was kinna of hep cool) for a while borrowed from a christian friend. I can expect now someone saying wth was wrong with you?... you had not darn respect for your own religion...πŸ˜† Chill Baby...---There is Unity in DiversityπŸ˜ƒ Our countries culture teach..how to love people,how to respect our elders,parents,gust,fellow creatures etc etc n more!...But bade bade deso main chote chote probs hote rahte hey..its not a big issue!! 😊

Pak is good country..!! but they need changes,they need stable govt. n changes in peoples mind set ...

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

In Bombay we celebrated EVERYTHING. It was awesome to live in a multicultural neighborhood. Diwali mein Mithai baato, Ganapati mein modak khao, Holi ke din puran poli, Eid ke din Biryani or sheer korma, Christmas main plum cake aur thoda wine. Kyon ki sabse badi puja to pet puja hi hoti hain. Bas! Thats why I wake up at 6 AM on my day of to start cooking for Thanksgiving. Petu maharaj ki jai ho! If everyone thought like that world would be a delicious place.

Exactly !

i am lucky enough to do that still !

bhaad mein jaaye religion viligion , har festival ka khaana dekho ! Surely , all religions take you to the same goal........the stomach.πŸ˜†

anuradhasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

Exactly !

i am lucky enough to do that still !

bhaad mein jaaye religion viligion , har festival ka khaana dekho ! Surely , all religions take you to the same goal........the stomach.πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†..yup.....
Pehle pet puja...fir kaam duja!

here in chandigarh also....anyone hardly pay attention...to religion..................wen i was small my nighbours were christians.....me and my family hav attened soo many prayers wid dem....my mom used to send me dere..so dat ..i cud hear some good things...........

my father always say...all r equal...
he once said...dat god is one...if u try to insult its one form den u r insulting the same god u belive......so many ppl ..so many belives!.....

its just....some areas of inda are really sensitive which are able to make news headines.......and ppl outside india  can see only dat!
i guess same is wid pakistan......we only read headlnes..and make assumtions..........

..................and both side media loves each other sooo much...dat ppl living on both side develop the same feeling......cozzz..."kalam ki takat ko kam mat samjho.....talwar se bhi tez war kerti hai...talwar to ek ya do ko marti hai....kalam to ek sath kayi ko maar dalti hai.....πŸ˜‰"

πŸ˜ƒ

Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anuradhasharma

."kalam ki takat ko kam mat samjho.....talwar se bhi tez war kerti hai...talwar to ek ya do ko marti hai....kalam to ek sath kayi ko maar dalti hai.....πŸ˜‰"

wah wah anuradha ji wah wah !πŸ‘

maan gaye ustaad !πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

Bhad mein-jaaye religion? Yeah, i can see that.πŸ˜› We can even say to heck with anything unless it concerns us immediately. Then we cry foul.😊

Unfortunately, it becomes a NON-bhad-mein-jaaye issue as soon as others makes it an issue. Live and let live works so long as someone lets live.😊

For whoever says religion dont matter, they should try out other ones for variety.... the real thing, not fashion items like cross and tattoos...Like it or not, lots of ppl would like to see everyone else dutifully following their religion.... and they are not talking dhoklas and aloo gobi only. πŸ˜‰