GANDHI "Misuse of name"

Posted: 15 years ago
Everyone knows that Mahatma Gandhi (Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi). He fought for the Independance of India and is considered a Hero the world over. This Mahatma had many good virtues which are still followed throughout the world, The other part is that the daughter of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru got married to Feroz Gandhi who in turn had only the Surname in common with Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. It was a big coincidence thence. But since Indira Gandhi assumed the Prime Ministership of India and after her assasination Rajiv Gandhi took over and now Sonia Gandhi also (directly/indirectly incharge) too is famous with her Gandhi Surname. Now the thing is, is "GANDHI" a surname which will be ruling India? It is nearly 43 years(after Lal Bahadur Shastri) since we have been dominated with this "Gandhi" surname in the prime ministers name of India, and we do not see any end to it. Will India be called a "Gandhi" kingdom in future?
When Indira Gandhi became Prime Minister she used the name Gandhi as she was the wife of Feroze Gandhi but when Rajiv Feroze Gandhi (he was called Rajiv Gandhi) became the PM he never used his father's name. Why? If he adopted the surname why not the name? Is it not thecustom in India to add fathers name and surname with individual name? Even Sanjay Feroze Gandhi was famous as Sanjay Gandhi) Today Rahul Rajiv Gandhi too avoids using his fathers' name with his name (or the media never gets to mention his full name. When they were talking about Varun  Sanjay Gandhi  as Varun Gandhi this too was a bit misleading. None of these (Sanjay, Rajiv, Rahul or Varun or even Sonia) have included the second name with theirs. This misuse has caused a lot of misunderstanding in the world as  people believe that "THESE GANDHIS" and related somehow to the famous Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi(Mahatma Gandhi).

I believe that the Feroze Gandhi  Family is making a misuse of the name "Gandhi".

😑

i irli dnt knw wat to say,,,,its new facts to me
Not all communities in India take the name as well as surname of ones husband or father . 😊
Misused? I dont think so. If anything, they have used the name very well... for their benefit.πŸ˜›πŸ˜†
I dont think its missused.....actuly they  USED the surname😊  
Actuly Indira Gandhi married a Parzi (Firoz Gandhi) that time Intercast marriage is big issue and Nehru was priminister he against the marriage, but Gandhi support these cuples ,so for political reason he give his Surname to Firoz Gandhi....
Maybe the Gandhi family can sue the Nehru-Gandhi's for copyright infringement? πŸ€“

Misused ?.....nahh Indira gandhi was married to Feroz Gandhi ( aparsi) so it was obvious for her to take her husbands name same goes with her son's Rajiv and Sanjay Gandhi...As far as full name is concern even Indira Gandhi's full name was Indira Priyadarshani Gandhi but she was/and still known as  Indira Gandhi.

What is in a name???

What mileage can they get out of using 'the name'?

People are measured by their deeds and not their name, I think...

The name can only take you so far...
that's because the middle name is not often said. many people will introduce their name formally to another person as the first name and family name only not first name, middle name (which in this case is the father's name) and then family name.
Much ado over a name. Its like saying Average Joe Kennedy should not be a Kennedy because there was John Kennedy. Specially if Joe Kennedy wants to run for President.

Its ok he can run as Joe the Kennedy.