Chit Chat
Chit Chat

India-Forums

Rant of the week#2: Amir Khan's comments @ SRK (Page 3)

snowflake0555 IF-Sizzlerz
snowflake0555
snowflake0555

Posted: 18 March 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
I disagree w/ you! SRK is soooo over-rated, come on get reallll. I'm not saying I'm a bigger fan of Aamir -- to me they're both equal but wth TZP was a HIT, like one of the best movies of '07! And you can't deny Ghajini was better then RNBDJ! Just because SRK is in a movie, all SRK fans are all 'omg this movie is sooo amazingg, it rocks...blah blah blah' he's losing his charm I dont even find some of his new movies all that 'great' like RNBDJ = over hyped... and Billu Barber omfg that was the boringest movie, EVER! Even if it had SRK in it -- so what? Just cuz he's in some movie doesn't gaurantee the movie is gonna be a big hit.

But I do think he's a good actor & everything... I love a lot of his movies like KKHH, KHNH, KANK, Veer Zara, etc. but stillll, saying saying' =P

Gossip Girl IF-Dazzler

Posted: 18 March 2009 at 9:46pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
anku- IF-Sizzlerz
anku-
anku-

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged
Nothing really! Aamirs on his second childhood ride and babies have no sense at all. So they speak watever and mostly crap. So thats all that Aamir is doing. CRAP! Hes a looser, an irritating person. I mean, he shud shut up now. But obv. every time his new film has to come, he needs SRK to divert attention to himself so this is nothing new :D Hes a plain "dog" // hahaha!! Yes, thats it! Thank you very muchh!! :)
RockChicGirl IF-Stunnerz
RockChicGirl
RockChicGirl

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Hi all I've new to this forum, but the topic was too inticing not to voice an opinion.

I agree with the rant. Its time that actors (not just Aamir) put aside childish behaviours and start acting like the mature individuals that they profess to be. I will freely admit that I am an SRK fan. (And though It pains me to admit this, I'm not that young either to be blinded by looks and not qualityWinkLOLLOL) I also admit that AK is a very talented actor, however, AK off screen attitudes and statements make it very difficult for me to genuinely like him.

What attitude you may ask? Well for one, his seeming belief that he seems to be the one and only actor out there whose focus is on quality roles and not commercial success. His "media shyness" is viewed by me as just an arrogant and standoffish stance. His failure to attend award shows such as Filmfare because he doesn't belive in the institution. He seems to forget that these award shows are not there to fulfil your own egos but to show apprecication for your peers. You are not the only good actor out there AK!

The argument tht SRK may seem to be in the middle of alot of these debacles, just proves one thing, that when you are perceived as the best there will always be detractors wanted to bring you down, because you are in that position. Have you ever heard SRK being the first one to publicly instigate these fueds? If you have a problem with the man, the media is never the appropriate place to voice those issues. Be a man and speak face to face, don't be a coward and make veiled remarks to ridicule and undermine your opponent through a third party media, where you can always fall back and say I was misinterpreted when the tide of public opinion goes against you.

Now admit, that SRK has had his fair shar of comments against stars in the media, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) but he is rarely the one to instigate  this war of words. Ideally, he should let sleeping dogs lie and not retaliate, which I do believe is what he eventually does.

And lastly, awhile ago there seemed to be this big fued with Amitabh Bachan and SRK, however, I just looked at the Filmfare awards, and it seemed to me that in spite of the media war that seemed to be permeating between the two, SRK AND AB seemed pretty friendly , with SRK even publicly thanking AB for his support during his recent surgery.

Now that shows an individual who has his priorities in the right place. When was the last time your heard AK say thank you to someone, without having to be prompted to?

Please don't take offense anyone, this is just my opinion.

Good one! I never come to this forum but this topic is simply too tempting. so here's my take...im a srk fan so i maybe biased. aamir's digs at srk are uncalled for. i dont understand why target only srk and not anyone else. i dont recall srk taking digs at aamir in past. it defenitely is jealousy on aamir's part. actually it was always there but has now come to the surface after srk's recent spats with salman, akshay and the bachchans. aamir probably thinks the he can have the industry alienate him after all the spats. but he must'nt forget that unlike aamir srk has no filmi connections. he has come up due to hard work, intelligence and luck.
as for aamir...he is a good actor but sorry to say but not such a great human being. apart from cheating on reena for years he also has a love child from another woman. i hope he treats kiran better.
and the guy has plenty of double standards...not attending indian awards while lobbying for oscar! u cant have bigger double standards than that! and when his film fails to get a nomination he finds faults with slumdog millionaire.
as for his so called media shyness...it was simply media manipulativeness. as soon as a release is near u will find aamir embroiled in a controversy. sometimes its the narmada bachao andolan and sometimes its his brother being declared mentally unstable by the court and yet another time its his marriage. so get all the publicity for free! in comparision srk and others seem stupid paying for the publicity.
after all this i'd like to say that if u actually read aamir's comments that are not all that bad(the media spices up the heading). but my only grouse is why target only srk? as for srk many a times it seemed as if he was on the verge of losing it all....but he has risen every time. so watch out aamir! 
Born-star IF-Rockerz
Born-star
Born-star

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 4:56am | IP Logged
Amir is just jealous of Shahrukh...
Amir Ji Dont be so mean ,Agar aaj aap upper hay to kal aap neechay hogay...

-Yaz- IF-Rockerz
-Yaz-
-Yaz-

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 8:35am | IP Logged
i have to say AK and SRK are as bad as each other ...

if AK takes digs at SRK then SRK does the same, he's no angel on that matter ... both act like kids, and it's not only them lot of actors in bollywood do the same ... all of them are arragont, all of them think they are the best .... none of them are happy with their share of limelight, therefore try to degrade other actors for publicity ... which is just pathetic.

coming to Amir saying he disagree's on SRK being the King Khan, is just his opinion ... which might sound like jealousy to us because of the way the article is put together ...

but personally i think ... the whole King Khan business is utter childishness ...

both are amazing actors, both have gave decent amount of hits and flops,both have a great amount of fan following .... both are equal ... to me none of them are King ...

i love them both in their proffesional work , and when i see these articles .... the respect i have for them lowers ... it's just disgusting, and they should be giving good example to the newcomers .. but no ... they are bringing shame to bollywood.
~Deep~ IF-Stunnerz
~Deep~
~Deep~

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Ok, so the person starting this topic is obviousily a SRK fan and not really that into Aamir Khan.. LOLLOL

I'm compltely the opposite. I LOVE Aamir Khan, his acting, his personality, everything.. That doesn't mean I hate SRK, I just don't think of him as such a great actor as he is for some.

Like someone else also mentioned, it's not like it's only Aamir Khan commenting on SRK, they both are saying quite alot about eachother. It just depends who's reading/watching it. I remember watching a bollyshow once where they asked Aamir Khan what he thought of taking SRK's position of the # 1 star in bollywood. He said he never thought SRK was the best. And that's where they decided to cut that scene. Now obviousily it would seem like Aamir Khan has something against SRK, but after watching the end of that clip (that wasn't shown in the program) you could see Aamir Khan laughing. Before I forget where I was going with this, Aamir Khan was obviousily joking about it, but the editing and host comments made it look like a real big deal!

All I'm saying is that you can't take a sentence out of a text and consider that's the main part of the text and twist and turn it into something you like. He's allowed to joke, and if someone don't understand he's joking, that's their loss. He can't be expected to be serious and answer everything very politically correct, if he did he wouldn't me in the news, most of you wouldn't even care what he said or did!

Getting to who's the biggest star of them both. For me, it's obviousily Aamir Khan. And even though, like Krish said, SRK's had some major hits in the past, that I loved watching. But at the moment, Aamir Khan's movies have done better then SRK's.

I think the biggest reason for that is that SRK has grown into a role of the typical loverboy (no offence) where Aamir Khan does different roles in almost every movie.

Just my thoughts! Tongue
Khaya IF-Stunnerz
Khaya
Khaya

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
All I'd like to say is that:

Both are gr8 actors but...

SRK will always be King Khan 4 me =)

Go to top