Rant of the week#2: Amir Khan's comments @ SRK

Posted: 15 years ago

Hey Guys,

Introducing

Rant OF THE WEEK.

So this week, it's about....

Amir Khan's attacks on SRK   

Ok well here goes my Rant of the week....

Seeing the constant articles on Tellybuzz News thing omn homepage, i saw the title and just sighed...Here we go again....Amir Khan having digs at SRK?

WHY?

What's that i smell?

aaaah......It's Jealousy

Check the article on TB....But seriously

GET A LIFE AMIR KHAN. 😑

Uff IMO SRK is 100000 times better than AK, and nor would you hear such petty things from SRK. SRK's awards and Stats show that he is 10 times better than AK.

National Honours:
- 1997 - Best Indian Citizen Award
- 2002 - Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in the Field of Entertainment
- 2004 - Padmashree award, 2nd highest civilian honour award in India

International Honours:
- Khan has been chosen for the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (Order of the Arts and Literature) award of the French government for his ''exceptional career''
- 2001 - Jade Magazine Award Sexiest Man in Asia
- 2004 - Asian Guild Awards Bollywood Star of the Decade
- 2004 - Cover of Time magazine
- 2004 - MSN Search Personality of the Year Award
- 2005 - Cover of National Geographic
- 2008 - Datukship (Knighthood) of Malaysia

Why can't AK stop bashing SRK and get on with his flop directing like TZP....uff this man is beginning to make my blood boil.

Outside India look how well SRK is known....Sorry Amir Whooo?πŸ˜‰

Oh You mean Amir Khan the british boxer right? No i mean the bolywood actor....oh sorry never heard of him πŸ˜‰ is the reply you would getπŸ˜‰

Seriously stop being so Jealous because SRK is better than you 😑😑
If you think AK you are better - than prove it 😑 

Its always AK who has a dig first - he needs to grow up and stop being so insecure.
He had one hit Ghajni now he thinks he is 'King Khan'.

Sorry AK

I am giving you your King Khan Rating

MINUS A BILLION.

Now its time for you to go to the Trash Bin and Stay there.

So What you think?

AK should just shut up or he is right?

Let us know and have your rant πŸ˜‰

P.s just respect others' views also even if you do not agree.

Attack the View but not the person

ThanksπŸ˜›

Regards

GD DT.

Edited by anon - 15 years ago
Originally posted by anon

So What you think?

AK should just shut up or he is right?

Let us know and have your rant πŸ˜‰

Regards

GD DT.

It's called tit for tat I guess.
SRK is no innocent cherubim himself.
He used to take digs at many stars too (remember AB, Salman, etc. and I'm not even a gossip buff so I must've missed tons of other comments) He did try to portray himself as the one and only King Khan. 
Well times have reversed now I guess.
Aamir is giving one hit after another, as an actor or director or producer,  
whereas SRK's films are not doing that good honestly.

So seeing that SRK is not such a happy camper anymore, the once media shy Aamir is having a ball at his cost.
I know payback sucks but if someone is eager to give others sh*t then they should be ready to eat it too.

Ohh and btw, about the thing that who's better, opinions will widely vary. Whereas most young boys or girls (I know you're young but don't take it personally πŸ˜›) whose only concern is how to bowl over the next cute guy / gal will definitely shout themselves hoarse for SRK, there are other audiences who appreciate Aamir more and even if they won't shout will gently clap for him.
SRK is more like Mills & Boons, sales are high but that doesn't exactly make them a classic.
Aamir is more like classic literature (in recent years atleast), meant for those who want to enjoy good performance and storyline instead of incessant romance.

However, for common people like us, both Mills & Boons and Classic literature are necessary. Can't live off only one of them.
Edited by souro - 15 years ago

Well , You're right!

I guess its just Aamir's sheer jealousy or plausibly his apprehensive nature !!

I don't rebuff  the fact that Aamir is a good actor , yes he is a palmary actor , But having said that , it's so very boorish of him to pass on such comments ...

Well , it could be his point of view , but I'm sure you can say  it in a better way!! And if you say that its his nature , then I guess he has to change it , as, he is in such a profession where an individual has to find a middle ground , and keep aside his/her ego problems !

The constant verbal attack on SRK , is just so very rude...And thanks o SRK , he takes it in a light manner , rather than just making it a big issue....

You may  be an incredible actor or an incredible person in your own field , but at the end of the day all what matter is Your Kind and Sweet Nature and gesticulate !!!
And , this has proved to be a very strong point in SRK's life !! And I look upto to him for the same!😊

In my point of view , It indeed shows Aamir's level of comfort which perhaps counts in minus...

Why can't he just be happy with his own accolades? Why does he have to just time and again worry about SRK's past , present and future  ! He himself is a very good actor and should just  concentrate on his work!!

I wish Aamir stops this nonsense !!!

Sorry if I hurt any one , but then its just my point of view !😊

And , A Great Rant Anon !πŸ˜‰

Thanks

Vidya😊
Nooooooo!

Firstly, if we're talking about todays Tellybuzz article, what has Aamir said wrong? He was asked how it feels to take over Shahrukh Khan's position as King Khan, and he just said he never considered Shahrukh as the King. And so fair enough.

It's the way these articles are written that make ordinary statements sound malicious.

And personally I don't think the awards won by Shahrukh Khan proves anything.

Awsome post Saira!

I am totally with you. AK shall just stop picking on SRK. Ghajini did better then Rab Ne.., agreed but that doesn't mean he can take a dig at SRK.

I am seriously disgusted with AK.

I love both AK and SRK but after all this, I would rather pick SRK the human being then AK the human being. They are FABULOUS actors.
Hmm...i don't agree with this post!
I agree with what Souro said! lol!

I personally dont and have never understood what's so good about SRK...fair enough his films like KKHT and DDLJ were good..i really liked them..but all his films recently are CRAP! I can't put it in any other words...he lost his charm way back and he aint even good looking! LOOOL!

Aamir Khan is someone who can be seen doing a variety of role..he just gets better and better...and this is since the time he started..i loved his films when he started as an actor and i still love his films now! And TZP was awesomeee...he has proven himself as an director now as well as an actor! And he really is good looking! :P

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions..Aamir can say wot he thinks about SRK.and i agree with Aamir tho and also personally think SRK is over rated..he isn't and never was King Khan for me! I just don't see wot like thousands others in the world see...but i personally cannot stand SRK..he's someone who is always taking digs at others..its not even him stating his opinion..he's just trying to put others down and make a joke out of them! And no..he so isn't funny..he as a pretty rubbish sense of humour! lol!

^^^Ooo..and i would pick Aamir as the human being and actor/star coz i find SRK so arrogant and stuck up!

Edited by Leenasmg - 15 years ago
Hi all I've new to this forum, but the topic was too inticing not to voice an opinion.

I agree with the rant. Its time that actors (not just Aamir) put aside childish behaviours and start acting like the mature individuals that they profess to be. I will freely admit that I am an SRK fan. (And though It pains me to admit this, I'm not that young either to be blinded by looks and not qualityπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†) I also admit that AK is a very talented actor, however, AK off screen attitudes and statements make it very difficult for me to genuinely like him.

What attitude you may ask? Well for one, his seeming belief that he seems to be the one and only actor out there whose focus is on quality roles and not commercial success. His "media shyness" is viewed by me as just an arrogant and standoffish stance. His failure to attend award shows such as Filmfare because he doesn't belive in the institution. He seems to forget that these award shows are not there to fulfil your own egos but to show apprecication for your peers. You are not the only good actor out there AK!

The argument tht SRK may seem to be in the middle of alot of these debacles, just proves one thing, that when you are perceived as the best there will always be detractors wanted to bring you down, because you are in that position. Have you ever heard SRK being the first one to publicly instigate these fueds? If you have a problem with the man, the media is never the appropriate place to voice those issues. Be a man and speak face to face, don't be a coward and make veiled remarks to ridicule and undermine your opponent through a third party media, where you can always fall back and say I was misinterpreted when the tide of public opinion goes against you.

Now admit, that SRK has had his fair shar of comments against stars in the media, however (and correct me if I'm wrong) but he is rarely the one to instigate  this war of words. Ideally, he should let sleeping dogs lie and not retaliate, which I do believe is what he eventually does.

And lastly, awhile ago there seemed to be this big fued with Amitabh Bachan and SRK, however, I just looked at the Filmfare awards, and it seemed to me that in spite of the media war that seemed to be permeating between the two, SRK AND AB seemed pretty friendly , with SRK even publicly thanking AB for his support during his recent surgery.

Now that shows an individual who has his priorities in the right place. When was the last time your heard AK say thank you to someone, without having to be prompted to?

Please don't take offense anyone, this is just my opinion.
Edited by shellytt - 15 years ago
I completely disagree with the topic starter.

What vr seeing now is what is known as a Boomerang effect. It generally comes back faster and harder.

SRK has been doing it for years now, publicly at award functions , in his interviews. No one ever retaliated back probably because they feared their career in the industry. Aamir does not need to worry about this, hes doing fantastic as an actor and a producer

Personally I feel that SRK has absolutely no sense of humour and is extemely sensitive to criticism. (look how he retaliated to Shobha De commenting on her sarees, tht was totally uncalled for)

I dont see anything wrong in what Aamir said, he was asked if he feels hes dethroned SRK and he said he always felt Mr Bachchan was no 1 , what is wrong here? In the past and even recently SRK has commented on Aamir and his films without even waiting for the media to ask him anything related.

I really dont understand why this hulahoo over Aamir's comments. I live by the funda- Reap what you sow and I believe it is applicable here.

I like SRK =)
but his recent films SUCK =(
DDLJ KKHH and stuff were awesome!
I mean he looks good and all and seems like a very nice person...but every film Aamir has done has always been SUPERHIT!
It's just Aamir's opinion.
I still like them both
saira here's from Aamir to SRKπŸ˜›