Frequent Posters

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Ratan Rajput
niveditha thumbnail

Laali to go back to her village in Agle Janam...

The next high point in Zee TV's Agle Janam is that Laali will get to know that she has been sold by her parents. Seeking ...

niveditha thumbnail

Laali is a strong woman: Ratan

15 Jun 2009, 0000 hrs IST, TNN

Print   Email   Discuss  Share  Save  Comment Text:

Ratan Rajput, who plays Laali in Zee TV's Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, is very excited about her role — that of a village girl from Bihar
Ratan Rajput
— which gives her a lot of scope to perform as an actress.

What was the first thought that struck you when you were offered this show?
When the producers approached me, I had no clue who else was in the show. All I knew was that the show was going to be real and different from the rest. During the narration I had a feeling that it would be absolutely rustic and close to life.

What's the current track in the show?
Laali had a child marriage with Ganesia and since the time she grew up, she had been dreaming of a happy married life. However she is completely unaware that due to poverty, her parents were compelled to sell her off to Thakur Loha Singh who plans to use Laali to get an heir for his family. Gradually she realises how she was cheated by everyone around including her parents.

What will be Laali's course of action now?
Tonight Laali will find out the truth. She's bound to feel cheated by her parents and the man she's been assuming to be her husband all this while. But Laali is a strong woman and not the types to give up easily.

Do you relate to the character you are playing?
Like Laali, I'm very positive about life, I'm hopeful aur main haar nahin maanti. Like her, I too like to dream. I am fond of simplicity of this character.

What do you think is working for this show?
It's a good story told with a touch of realism.

What do you have to say about the issue of selling of a girl child?
This issue is prevalent in society and I hope we can bring about some awareness about this issue through the show. In fact the channel has plans of taking this issue a step further and join hands with an NGO to help women who have faced such suffering.
Watch the show on Zee TV from Monday to Thursday at 9.30 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Laali-is-a-strong-woman-Ratan/articleshow/4655011.cms
niveditha thumbnail
Will Laali finally escape from the haveli?

After the major twist that took place on Monday's episode of Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo (Zee TV), where Laali (Ratan Rajput) becomes aware of the fact that she has been sold by her father to the Thakur family, the show is ready for its next major twist: Laali will try to escape from the haveli, but she gets caught.

A source says, "On Monday's episode, the truth that was kept under wraps from Laali, that she has been sold to the Thakur family by her father finally, was unveiled. Laali gets to know that the man she was considering her husband 'Ganesia' is actually the Chote Thakur Shekhar. She has been sold to the Thakur family so that she could give birth into the family. But Laali will try to escape from the haveli. Gangiya's daughter Jamuni will help her. However, they will not be successful."

Lead actress Ratan tells us, "The story will be taking an interesting turn. Now Laali has come to know about everything and she will try to run from the haveli. But she'll get caught by the Thakur men. I can't reveal anything much as of now. All I can tell you is that you will get to see Laali back in the haveli."

Ratan, who has been unwell recently, has begun paying strict attention to her health. She says, "I have been fainting on the sets. There has also been a little weakness but now I am much better. My sister has come here to take good care of me and I am taking special care of my diet. I carry my dabba that consists of sprouts, coconut water and salads. I also have milk twice a day."

Watch Ratan in action as Laali tonight at 9:30pm on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090618_67

niveditha thumbnail

Twist galore in Agle Janam...

Following Laali's escape from the haveli, she will get to know that she was actually sold, and that her sister is now ...

niveditha thumbnail

Laali (Ratan Rajput)

Show: Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo, Zee TV

About the character: Laali (Ratan Rajput) of Agle Janam..., the eldest in her family, is married off when she is just a child but her gavna doesn't happen because of poverty. Laali is a very innocent but responsible village girl who is full of life. Because of poverty, her father sells her to a rich Thakur and this adds more struggle to Laali's trouble-filled life.

http://www.indya.com/gallery/gallery.aspx?aid=392
niveditha thumbnail

Shanichari returns to Agle Janam in a new avtar..

Shanichari, Laali's close friend will soon be shown again in the Zee show and will don a totally different look...

niveditha thumbnail

Karan Mehra to play Ganesia in Agle Janam..

It's good news for all waiting eagerly to meet Laali's Ganesia, as actor Karan Mehra gears up to play the role.

niveditha thumbnail
Karan Mehra is Laali's Ganesiya

An exciting twist about to make Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo (Zee TV) fans very happy. The mystery of Laali's (Ratan Rajput) Ganesiya will be unveiled soon. Karan Mehra, famous for his role of Veedanth in Viruddh (Sony TV), will be seen playing Ganesiya!

A source says, "Ever since the show started, it has been getting excellent responses. It keeps viewers glued to their screens by introducing exciting twists regularly. And this is the case now as well. Karan Mehra, who has starred in shows such as Virudhh, Betiyaan and Pari Hoon Main, will play Ganesiya."

When contacted, Karan says, "I am very excited to play this character as this will be my first time playing a rural guy, a very lowly Bihari who is a farmer. I've never played anything like this before. It's very challenging for me and an excellent role to portray."

Mehra tells us about his part on the show, saying, "Laali, who has been struggling to find her 'Ganesiya', runs away and finally finds him in the farms. I won't able to say more because I've only shot for the first sequence so far."

The actor admits that playing a Bihari guy is not easy for him. He adds, "I am from Delhi and Hindi is my mother tongue. I can even speak good Punjabi but this language is not easy for me. Even so, I am sure my director and the team will help me. After all, I am an actor and I take this as a challenge."

There are other factors besides the role being challenging that inspired Karan to take up the role. He explains, "I was very impressed by the look of my character. It is simple yet very special. I will be seen in kurta pyjama and will sport a stubble. I am watching movies like Lagaan and Ganga Jamuna to learn more about the mannerisms and the accent."

Karan's entry will be telecast early next week on Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo. The show airs every Monday to Thursday at 9:30pm on Zee TV.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090702_11

niveditha thumbnail
Fire on the sets of Agle Janam…

A fire broke out on the sets of Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo (Zee TV) a few days ago. Fortunately, nobody was injured and the sets suffered minimal damage.

A source says, "We were shooting in Film City for a sequence where Laali (Ratan Rajput) runs away from the haveli. After that, she gets caught by the Thakur men and is brought back to the haveli to be kept in the tabela with the cows and buffaloes. With this, we had to show that a fire suddenly breaks out at the tabela and Laali runs. Unfortunately, this actually happened but, luckily, there were no severe injuries."

Ratan managed to escape and the animals involved weren't injured either. "It was only a spot boy who suffered some minor injuries. But the entire tabela got burnt and only ashes remain," says the source.

Ratan gives us her account of the ordeal, saying, "It happened about a week ago. There was a short circuit, due to which a fire broke out. It was not exactly at the sets but at Gate No. 1 in Film City. All of us, including the animals and the whole team, are safe but the tabela got burnt completely."

Shooting for the show remained undisrupted despite the accident.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090703_19