Harry Potter

Your favourite out of Blue couple ?? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 6:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your favourite out of Blue couple ?? (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 4:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

@Anu: Though I'm not terribly fond of H/D, I won't deny at times I had had this strangest feeling that Draco does infact feels something for Harry (though we have absoulutely no way of knowing that since the entire saga was described through Harry's perspective). Maybe J.K.R, who had already gone through a lot of bashings due to the contents of her books, didn't want more of it, so deliberately she had hidden any same gender pairing? LIke she did with Dumbledore's one; kept him inside the closet, atleast in the books.
I do agree that a small relationship (doesn't need to be a serious one) b/w HD could have very easily spiced up the book even more, and given that, as you said, both are represantatives of their respective houses, a relationship b/w them would mean the pairing of not only these two boys but also their houses. Since one of J.K.R's main motive for writing was to get rid of predujices in the world, this could have beena a very nice way of showing that. Also not to mention the millions of fanfics I have read about this couple proves that they have got a large amount of fans.
However, I have always preffered Harry/Ron as a couple over Harry/Draco; dunno why, though. Their friendship had amazed me from time to time...not a a serious one though.
BTW just out of curiousity, do you not like Ron (asking after reading your last statement)?

Oh, wouldn't a Hermione/Luna pair be great, tooLOL The complete opposite girls, not only physically but also in thoughts and views of the world, coming together?
Completely seconded! I think it'd be fair to say that both Draco and Harry have a very [un]healthy obsession with each other. If the number of times Harry mentions him in HBP is any indication... then, he thinks more of Draco than he does of his one true love Ginny which is kind of sad. I think even in the last book, the whole Slytherin-Gryffindor is largely left unresolved with the Gryffindors and the other two houses isolating the Slytherins so an H/D relationship might have provided some sort of closure for that.

To be honest, I've never entertained the thought of Harry/Ron as a couple. I admire their fierce friendship but their might be the problem of clashing egos in a long-term relationship but then again, that's a problem for almost every relationship so maybe Harry/Ron would work great. Ha. I don't hate Ron. I think that given his loyalty to the Gryffindor house, he might get comically angry if his sister or his closest friend was to fraternize with "the enemy" -- kind of like with Viktor Krum in GoF.

Hm..Luna-Hermione would be a rather unorthodox pairing but I don't think they'd work in the romantic context. I've always though of Hermione's potential would-be partner as being someone who knows their mind, is intelligent enough to hold their own (as much as I adore Hermione, she can be a push-over quite a few times) and not be steam-rolled by Hermione. Luna's whimsy, notwithstanding her intelligence, might drive Hermione over the edge because Hermione is gung-ho about being logical and rational. When it comes to Luna, I think I'd stick with the Luna/Harry pairing. The boy's got so much so much of the hard and cold reality in his life that Luna's other worldliness  would provide a contrast to that. Plus, it's not like Luna is loony - she does have wisdom to share and does express her opinion when she feels the need to. There's also that she can be supportive and comforting, as seen in OOTP where her presence has a soothing effect on Harry.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudent

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 8:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by redhotght

And recently I am obsessed with Harry/Ron......after Ron is the thing he misses the MOST...his WHEEZY HAHA

ROTFL.... same hereLOL I have read a couple of sl*sh fanfics about them, and surprisingly, I enjoyed them  to the last bit!ShockedLOLEmbarrassed (but it  might also be due to the author who wrote them so interestingly). ConfusedEmbarrassed Either way I never imagined or thougbt about the possibility of this couple, and quiet honestly speaking, the thought of them as a a cuple really freaked me out. But seriously though, their friendship had charmed me from time to time.Embarrassed
BTW I liked ypur asnwer...such a  detailed oneClap

Oh, well, how do you think of Luna and Hermione?LOL Two completely different girls falling for each other?LOL Not talking about a serious relationship, just a temporary crushLOL God I guess I'm getting madLOL

hehe thanx...no ure not getting mad at allLOLI LOVE fanfics about harry/Ron(and its quite popular in fandom to be honest EmbarrassedEmbarrassed) It always happens to me too...when I discover a new couple I kinda get freaked out BUT after a while Harry/Ron started growing on me......Tongue.......and honestly I like harry/ron more tahn harry/draco but I agree with you that  HD do have a connection. Even though i cant see Hermione-Draco at all LOL.
Hermione/Luna is CUTE to me because I think Hermione is more sensitive than most people expect (People expect her to be a total rational thinker but I don't think so...she has dreamy side to her)And her and Luna make a great couple coz Luna might bring out Hermione's hidden side out more oftenWink OR at least i would like to think thatLOL
BUT I agree with you that some fanfic authors are great (the Harry Ron ones)...I just love reading well written ficsSmile

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 19 March 2009 at 11:59pm | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 12:12am | IP Logged

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
^^^^OMG now that you mentioned Snape-hermy, I had tried reading those one too, I got totally freakedd outWackoLOLI am fine with fics that make Hermione time travel to when snape was young ( I have read a couple of those...but the other ones are just CRAZY ahaha)....and trust me I am alive coz of the fanfics too LOL but I only usually read the harry-ron or ron-hermiione fics...I think it's time to expand my horizonsLOL.
I am quite fine with Harry-Ginny breaking up too LOL I just wish JKR would have given a better reason as to why Ginny is Harry's soulmate (she keeps on saying in interviews that they are soulmates but sorry to sya I really dont get it)...if it was better develpoed realtionship I would liked it canonically so to speak lol. Anyway I don't like stories that involve R/hr breaking up, I just rather(in fanfics) that Harry-Ron get togther and ron hermione don't like each other in the first place.Ermm btw that line of Dobby's is my fav..gotta love good'ol DobbyEmbarrassed

...ASB100...

IF-Dazzler

...ASB100...

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Wouldn't hermione and fred look cute together? i've always wanted fred and hermione to see each other. it was so cruel that fred had to die in the battle.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top