Your favourite out of Blue couple ??

Posted: 15 years ago
Some days ago (some days meaning about almost an yearπŸ˜†) we had Krupa making this very same thread. So I thought of making it once again now that mnay new members have joined this forum. So apart from the usual (like Harry Ginny or Ron Hermione or even Harry Hermione or Mr/MRS Weasely) who's your favourite couple of the book? πŸ˜›

For now I will say Draco and Hermione. It would have been cool to see this pair gainst each other, falling for each other. Hermione not being able to stand Draco for his behaviour and rudeness, and Draco hating Hermione for her blood status. But in the end they would fall for each other. That would have been greatπŸ˜†

So others...???πŸ˜›
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Some days ago (some days meaning about almost an yearπŸ˜†) we had Krupa making this very same thread. So I thought of making it once again now that mnay new members have joined this forum. So apart from the usual (like Harry Ginny or Ron Hermione or even Harry Hermione or Mr/MRS Weasely) who's your favourite couple of the book? πŸ˜›

For now I will say Draco and Hermione. It would have been cool to see this pair gainst each other, falling for each other. Hermione not being able to stand Draco for his behaviour and rudeness, and Draco hating Hermione for her blood status. But in the end they would fall for each other. That would have been greatπŸ˜†

So others...???πŸ˜›

Draco and Hermione would have been cool, but I have to admit, I'm partial to Ron and Hermione.πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 

I didn't get the question though. Are you asking who's my fav couple in the series altogether? Because then it'd be James and Lily for sure!😍

But...if you're asking who my fav couple "which never was" is, it would have to be Neville and Luna.😳😳😳 They would have been so sweet together. I really wish Rowling had paired them up.😭
I don't like the canon pairings (RWHG & HPGW) - far too oedipal and incestous for my liking. I rather prefer the non-canon inter-house ones. Like Pre-OOTP!Ginny and Blaise Zabini, Draco and Hermione, Harry and Luna, Ron and Pansy ( the least likely one but if they did happen, I think they'd be a pretty good couple given that Pansy's character is more fully developed and not just regulated to a 2D character). I also wouldn't have minded a Draco-Harry relationship. There are endless possibilities that could be explored in that relationship. They both technically are an allegory for their houses so drawing parallels between Godric Gryffindor and Salazar Slytherin, add the fact that Harry was nearly put into Slytherin, that'd make for an explosive relationship. Out of these, my favourite would have to be Pre-OOTP!Ginny-Blaise and Draco-Hermione because Ron's reaction would be TOTALLY worth it.
@Laitha: Yep that's what I mean, non-canon ones that you like or prefer.

@Anu: Though I'm not terribly fond of H/D, I won't deny at times I had had this strangest feeling that Draco does infact feels something for Harry (though we have absoulutely no way of knowing that since the entire saga was described through Harry's perspective). Maybe J.K.R, who had already gone through a lot of bashings due to the contents of her books, didn't want more of it, so deliberately she had hidden any same gender pairing? LIke she did with Dumbledore's one; kept him inside the closet, atleast in the books.
I do agree that a small relationship (doesn't need to be a serious one) b/w HD could have very easily spiced up the book even more, and given that, as you said, both are represantatives of their respective houses, a relationship b/w them would mean the pairing of not only these two boys but also their houses. Since one of J.K.R's main motive for writing was to get rid of predujices in the world, this could have beena a very nice way of showing that. Also not to mention the millions of fanfics I have read about this couple proves that they have got a large amount of fans.
However, I have always preffered Harry/Ron as a couple over Harry/Draco; dunno why, though. Their friendship had amazed me from time to time...not a a serious one though.
BTW just out of curiousity, do you not like Ron (asking after reading your last statement)?

Oh, wouldn't a Hermione/Luna pair be great, tooπŸ˜† The complete opposite girls, not only physically but also in thoughts and views of the world, coming together?
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 15 years ago
I would have loved Neville and Luna - very cute
Draco-Hermione would have been very interesting, I would have loved it to expand to show a different side of Draco; the "Muggle-born" and the "Mudblood-hater"
oh NOES AHAHA...I cant stand Draco-Hermione LOL...Scorpius-Rose is better..tehee...
As for non-canon couple, I wanted quite a few of them:
Harry-Luna (love this couple)
Neville-Hermione (well for the most I cant even THINK of Hermione paired with anyone other than Ron coz they're soulmates BUT Neville is a second choice for Hermione because he has even asked her out to the Yule Ball and I am sure he would take care of her and love her)😳
Snape-Lily ( I Lily-James too)
Ron-Luna could be cute too........
BUT that being said, I love canon couples the most and I am a sucker for them, especially R/Hr.
And recently I am obsessed with Harry/Ron......after Ron is the thing he misses the MOST...his WHEEZY HAHA
Lupin-Molly and Lupin-Lily are HOT tooo😳
Edited by redhotght - 15 years ago
RON AND HERMIONE
i like this pair a lot
draco and hermione would also might have made a great couple
but ron and hermione r so cute

Originally posted by redhotght

And recently I am obsessed with Harry/Ron......after Ron is the thing he misses the MOST...his WHEEZY HAHA

ROTFL.... same hereπŸ˜† I have read a couple of sl*sh fanfics about them, and surprisingly, I enjoyed them  to the last bit!πŸ˜²πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ (but it  might also be due to the author who wrote them so interestingly). πŸ˜•πŸ˜³ Either way I never imagined or thougbt about the possibility of this couple, and quiet honestly speaking, the thought of them as a a cuple really freaked me out. But seriously though, their friendship had charmed me from time to time.😳
BTW I liked ypur asnwer...such a  detailed oneπŸ‘

Oh, well, how do you think of Luna and Hermione?πŸ˜† Two completely different girls falling for each other?πŸ˜† Not talking about a serious relationship, just a temporary crushπŸ˜† God I guess I'm getting madπŸ˜†
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 15 years ago
Originally posted by deepthis

RON AND HERMIONE
i like this pair a lot
draco and hermione would also might have made a great couple
but ron and hermione r so cute

But that's not being "out of blue" you see...it's a canon one.πŸ˜›
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

@Anu: Though I'm not terribly fond of H/D, I won't deny at times I had had this strangest feeling that Draco does infact feels something for Harry (though we have absoulutely no way of knowing that since the entire saga was described through Harry's perspective). Maybe J.K.R, who had already gone through a lot of bashings due to the contents of her books, didn't want more of it, so deliberately she had hidden any same gender pairing? LIke she did with Dumbledore's one; kept him inside the closet, atleast in the books.
I do agree that a small relationship (doesn't need to be a serious one) b/w HD could have very easily spiced up the book even more, and given that, as you said, both are represantatives of their respective houses, a relationship b/w them would mean the pairing of not only these two boys but also their houses. Since one of J.K.R's main motive for writing was to get rid of predujices in the world, this could have beena a very nice way of showing that. Also not to mention the millions of fanfics I have read about this couple proves that they have got a large amount of fans.
However, I have always preffered Harry/Ron as a couple over Harry/Draco; dunno why, though. Their friendship had amazed me from time to time...not a a serious one though.
BTW just out of curiousity, do you not like Ron (asking after reading your last statement)?

Oh, wouldn't a Hermione/Luna pair be great, tooπŸ˜† The complete opposite girls, not only physically but also in thoughts and views of the world, coming together?
Completely seconded! I think it'd be fair to say that both Draco and Harry have a very [un]healthy obsession with each other. If the number of times Harry mentions him in HBP is any indication... then, he thinks more of Draco than he does of his one true love Ginny which is kind of sad. I think even in the last book, the whole Slytherin-Gryffindor is largely left unresolved with the Gryffindors and the other two houses isolating the Slytherins so an H/D relationship might have provided some sort of closure for that.

To be honest, I've never entertained the thought of Harry/Ron as a couple. I admire their fierce friendship but their might be the problem of clashing egos in a long-term relationship but then again, that's a problem for almost every relationship so maybe Harry/Ron would work great. Ha. I don't hate Ron. I think that given his loyalty to the Gryffindor house, he might get comically angry if his sister or his closest friend was to fraternize with "the enemy" -- kind of like with Viktor Krum in GoF.

Hm..Luna-Hermione would be a rather unorthodox pairing but I don't think they'd work in the romantic context. I've always though of Hermione's potential would-be partner as being someone who knows their mind, is intelligent enough to hold their own (as much as I adore Hermione, she can be a push-over quite a few times) and not be steam-rolled by Hermione. Luna's whimsy, notwithstanding her intelligence, might drive Hermione over the edge because Hermione is gung-ho about being logical and rational. When it comes to Luna, I think I'd stick with the Luna/Harry pairing. The boy's got so much so much of the hard and cold reality in his life that Luna's other worldliness  would provide a contrast to that. Plus, it's not like Luna is loony - she does have wisdom to share and does express her opinion when she feels the need to. There's also that she can be supportive and comforting, as seen in OOTP where her presence has a soothing effect on Harry.