Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Bollywood - Women make more stars?

raj5000 Moderator
raj5000
raj5000

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
Arn't you seeing bollywood is injected with line of new female stars, hitting to limelight. Do we see new men stars hitting the box office at the same ratio?

Still SRK/SK/Amir/Hrithik holding thier ground, whats is wrong with aspiring young male stars... we have seen dazzling females hitting the charts hard but males? Whats going onnn?

What do you think is the reason? Explain (we might trigger debate out of itLOL )

Mindbender IF-Sizzlerz
Mindbender
Mindbender

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 1:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

Arn't you seeing bollywood is injected with line of new female stars, hitting to limelight. Do we see new men stars hitting the box office at the same ratio?

Still SRK/SK/Amir/Hrithik holding thier ground, whats is wrong with aspiring young male stars... we have seen dazzling females hitting the charts hard but males? Whats going onnn?

What do you think is the reason? Explain (we might trigger debate out of itLOL )

Excuse me sir,
is it a long answer or short answer question ? LOL

Well , i have not the slightest of idea as to why that happens what you say does happen, but just to please women, i'd say maybe because women are more loyal fans , and we males , ek nayi ladki dikhi nahin , usi ke peeche bhagne lagte hain LOLLOL

Btw - seriously speaking, maybe , it has to do with the fact that men play a much longer innings in bollwood than women. Otherwise , madhuri might have been a star even today.

Edited by clodpolish - 14 March 2009 at 2:24am
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 2:59am | IP Logged
Hey is that true? I didnt even notice LOL
PS @ Raj- Do chek ur siggy. I noticed that LOL I think it needs editing , is it U can or U cant )
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 5:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by raj5000

If you check in hollywood movies most of actors are above 40,they all rocks....Big smileCos their films release after years..people not febup, here in india for female actress after 40, they give dhaadi ki role,or ma ki role no other choice....LOL theres no verity of roles for females in indian film industries,and women oriended films chalta bi nahe!!.. kuch masla hey tho chalega..another reason i think after 2,3 film with same actress,bollywood ki big heros feb up ho jate heyWinkLOLso they keep changing....Wink Women directors itself making hero based films only....cos thats peoples choice...Big smile
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 7:31am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

here in india for female actress after 40, they give dhaadi ki role,or ma ki role no other choice.... theres no verity of roles for females in indian film industries,and women oriended films chalta bi nahe!!.. kuch masla hey tho chalega..another reason i think after 2,3 film with same actress,bollywood ki big heros feb up ho jate heyWinkso they keep changing.... Women directors itself making hero based films only....cos thats peoples choice...Big smile
Guess our Indian audience need to grow up Wink LOL
Vinzy IF-Stunnerz
Vinzy
Vinzy

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 8:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by Believe

here in india for female actress after 40, they give dhaadi ki role,or ma ki role no other choice.... theres no verity of roles for females in indian film industries,and women oriended films chalta bi nahe!!.. kuch masla hey tho chalega..another reason i think after 2,3 film with same actress,bollywood ki big heros feb up ho jate heyWinkso they keep changing.... Women directors itself making hero based films only....cos thats peoples choice...Big smile
Guess our Indian audience need to grow up Wink LOL

Noo!!!LOL we keep everything  young n freshWinkLOL
AllonsyGeronimo IF-Dazzler
AllonsyGeronimo
AllonsyGeronimo

Posted: 14 March 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged

I've noticed the very same. These days the hype is around Deepika, Sonam and Asin, the male aspirants don't even come close to them in terms of the interest these girls generate.  During the past couple of years, the male newcomers have been disappointing with the exception of Neil Nitin Mukesh IMO. And there's been quite a lot of time since his first release, so less of a chance of the excitement that surrounded him after Johnny Gaddar remaining intact.

I think they lack the charisma to draw majority of the viewers. Also they don't really have anything new to offer, take Harman Baweja for example, constantly criticised for copying Hritik's style. 

With Vivek Oberoi, who had huge potential but went completely down after the Salman Khan incident(well I think that contributed largely, more so than the poor taste in films). So maybe nepotism affects the actors more. Confused

Edited by sandali_ - 14 March 2009 at 9:59am

Go to top