Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Most overrated / underrated profession is? (Page 5)

bharti_hi Senior Member
bharti_hi
bharti_hi

Posted: 27 June 2009 at 12:45am | IP Logged
most overrated professions are software engineering, movie stars, modelling, aritists (painters). most underrated professions are labour class (i hv witnessed the labours working in this burning hot weather for metro project in delhi and it really hurts)Confused
OM_Peace IF-Dazzler
OM_Peace
OM_Peace

Posted: 10 July 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged
Most underrated for me are these
1. Housewife - she is one of the best managers. She always has to have things done on time, cannot really give excuses as they are not really accepted as excuses would be in a regular job. Yet people say Oh she's a housewife then she probably cannot do anything thats why she's not working. Its very sad how a woman cannot decide to be a housewife very easily in the current world
2. People in traffic police, regular police - I'm not talking about the senior level employees but about constabvles, especially the traffic constables - they spend most of their life on the over polluted roads, stand lot of the times in the middle of the road directing traffic, yet if a constable asks someone move from the edge of the road then people tend to heap abuses on them and they are paid so less. I believe the current pay structure is 3500 per month.

Overrated - although i believe in the capitalist mantra, so if you have worked hard then you should be earning the money and fame that you are entitled to.
Sports stars (especially cricket) and Cine stars - they do a great job, I'm not saying they don't, but do they so that great that they can earn 20 crores for a film? which was the amount i believe i read Priyanka Chopra asked for some movie based on an article on the IF site. Not sure which one.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mindbender

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 12:09am | IP Logged
underrated...I think being a dentist...if you make one mistake, it can pretty much screw you up really badly...so it's really hard being a dentist...

er...and some other underrated proffessions?

being a teacher I think...it must be pretty hard., marking a hundered or more papers, preparing the work that needs to be taught...teaching several classes, remembring names, and all that...
Fair-n-luvly IF-Sizzlerz
Fair-n-luvly
Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 3:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by OM_Peace

Most underrated for me are these
1. Housewife - she is one of the best managers. She always has to have things done on time, cannot really give excuses as they are not really accepted as excuses would be in a regular job. Yet people say Oh she's a housewife then she probably cannot do anything thats why she's not working. Its very sad how a woman cannot decide to be a housewife very easily in the current world
I'm a House wife n i find nothin wrong in staying at home i seriously think that if your hubby can feed you well then why the heck should we workSmile
2. People in traffic police, regular police - I'm not talking about the senior level employees but about constabvles, especially the traffic constables - they spend most of their life on the over polluted roads, stand lot of the times in the middle of the road directing traffic, yet if a constable asks someone move from the edge of the road then people tend to heap abuses on them and they are paid so less. I believe the current pay structure is 3500 per month.
Agreed here!

Overrated - although i believe in the capitalist mantra, so if you have worked hard then you should be earning the money and fame that you are entitled to.
Sports stars (especially cricket) and Cine stars - they do a great job, I'm not saying they don't, but do they so that great that they can earn 20 crores for a film? which was the amount i believe i read Priyanka Chopra asked for some movie based on an article on the IF site. Not sure which one.
In my opinion nothing is underrated but overrated are many prfessions like doctors,engineers etc etc.thnxSmile
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 4:07am | IP Logged
@ mahi- there is nothing wrong in being a housewife . Its just that they dont get their rightful dues. Their contribution goes unnoticed !
casper2 Goldie
casper2
casper2

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 4:11am | IP Logged
@sweetdamage- U think dentists hav it difficult ! Then what about the administrators or managers who R held responsible for mistakes not even committed by them  but  by their subordinates LOL
Fair-n-luvly IF-Sizzlerz
Fair-n-luvly
Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 8:39am | IP Logged
@sunny...thank you i know what actually that member meant thnx:)
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 9:39am | IP Logged
@mahikhan - I really respect the fact that you're a housewife. It's no child's play, it takes alot to be a housewife. But your second comment  perturbed me.

I think it's not always about whether your husband can feed you or not, or whether he earns or not. Building up a career is not conditional. Yes, money is an important aspect, but there is another aspect about not wanting to depend on anyone to fulfill basic needs like food, clothing and shelter. It's about having your own identity and respect.

No matter how much money the husband earns, or is capable of earning, a woman should always be financially secure if she has the capability, the resources and a choice.

Sorry to go off at a tangent, I didn't mean to deviate from the topic.

@Topic - I think the most overrated professions are engineering, the medical lines, Sports and MBA to some extent.

The most underrated professions - Advertising, Teaching, Traffic police, people in the creative field, i.e - Artists, graphic designers etc.

Edited by -Neetz- - 12 July 2009 at 9:40am

Go to top