Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: crossroads7

The journey in life is often more exciting than the destination... unless you're travelling to siberia.๐Ÿ˜Šthats true only in hindsight๐Ÿ˜ŠLife can be a pain...

The hardships are nothing but something you can brag about when you get to the destination.

The sacrifice in leaving friends and family and country behind dont amount to a hill of beans if you know someone somewheres loves you and you know you can go back. (Take away the option to ever go back and that would be sacrifice)mostly its not worth...its better to be home...you dont live twice๐Ÿ˜Š

Where most people come from, the hard work and the struggles are like nothing they faced back home when they left.no its different... the hardships back home are sometimes rsponsible for keeping you alive than all the comforts here..

That is Gen 1. Where does Gen 2 go from there?if by gen2 u mean the abcd!! yeah they are confused since they have to live with two expectations.. one performing ballet at the school and then bharat natyam somewhere else.. Gen1 is too stupid to make their Gen2 live their(gen1's)  dreams.. gen1 should let go off gen2 that way they can be really AB(Confident)D

Just tell gen1  to backoff and sing "numb" by linkin park...Gen2 is free to live their life.. with no strings attached...๐Ÿ˜Š 
Edited by qwertyesque - 15 years ago
Originally posted by: raj5000

Good Post!

In a typical scenario, factoring out emigrants for a sec, which set of parents do not have expectations towards Gen2?  Even if Gen 1 is slackers they still would love to see Gen 2 excelling. No?

Having expectations and brutally pushing the next generation are two different scenarios.

Gen 2 should ideally have their targets and goals of achievement for life, now bring them under the emigrant scenario, they can either set it from things they are exposed to living in Gen 1 environment or outside world, now that's challenging. They have to bridge that understanding and goal setting between Gen1 and outside world. Apart from that if they to aspire to go one step ahead like Gen 1, what are their options and how much help can they get from Gen 1. Are they really in the favorable spot like Gen 1 were in, as far as successes measurement criteria are concerned?

First thing first - Gen. 1 was not in a "favorable" situation per se.  However, they were in a situation where they put themselves in voluntarily based on their own reasons.  Gen.2 may have many things going for them based on 1's success in the adopted country but they were never given the choice of picking which situation they would like to be in.   Therefore, it is unreasonable on 1's part to expect 2 to conform to their root culture all the time and totally disregard the culture of the country they are growing up in.  1 made their choices and lived their life.  1 should now let 2 live their life on their terms --- guide them, be there for them but don't try to live your life once again through gen. 2.

IMHO Gen2 are in more difficult spot then Gen1.

I think we both have the same pov but different rationales๐Ÿ˜†

btw, does 1 ever reach their destination?  Does life's journey ever come to an end before death?  Each new day brings a new goal....a new destination to aim for....to aspire for.  After all, isn't it the beauty of west --- abundance of opportunities if one has the will to work hard and avail them.  The destination 1 sets for itself is a moving destination - imho. 
Edited by Gauri_3 - 15 years ago
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

<br><br><font color="#0000ff">btw, does 1 ever reach their destination? Does life's journey ever come to an end before death? Each new day brings a new goal....a new destination to aim for....to aspire for. After all, isn't it the beauty of west --- abundance of opportunities if one has the will to work hard and avail them. The destination 1 sets for itself is a moving destination - imho. </font><br>

ahem ahem

beauty of west only?
Originally posted by: clodpolish

ahem ahem

beauty of west only?

Since we were talking about gen. 1 that emigrated to west, I mentioned how it is in west generally.  There is no age bar for college admissions etc in the west.  One can go for a career change and what not at any age.  We don't have this flexibility back home --- do we? 

But yes, as far as upward mobility is concerned --- that destination is surely an ever moving one in most parts of the world.  Opportunities in west enable one to work towards the new goals fair and square.  One doesn't need to be a lakhpati to progress to being a karodpati and so on.  You can start from barely nothing and still achieve all your dreams.
CP, how come when you quote a post, the font is usually messed up?
Mindbender thumbnail

<br><br>Since we were talking about gen. 1 that emigrated to west, I mentioned how it is in west generally. There is no age bar for college admissions etc in the west. One can go for a career change and what not at any age. We don't have this flexibility back home --- do we? <br><br>But yes, as far as upward mobility is concerned --- that destination is surely an ever moving one in most parts of the world. Opportunities in west enable one to work towards the new goals fair and square. One doesn't need to be a lakhpati to progress to being a karodpati and so on. You can start from barely nothing and still achieve all your dreams.<br>

ok !
anyways , i don't really agree ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

CP, how come when you quote a post, the font is usually messed up?<br>

i like to experiment ๐Ÿ˜†
its just the browser , i am using google chrome ๐Ÿ˜†Edited by clodpolish - 15 years ago
Originally posted by: clodpolish

ok !
anyways , i don't really agree ! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

[/quote]

and that's perfectly fine๐Ÿ˜†  Luckily, I don't lose any sleep over folks disagreeing with me here at dm๐Ÿ˜›

Oh, okay.  It's annoying๐Ÿ˜†...and I can anticipate your comeback as well --- you don't lose any sleep either over who you annoy or not annoy here at dm๐Ÿ˜†

raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

btw, does 1 ever reach their destination?  Does life's journey ever come to an end before death?  Each new day brings a new goal....a new destination to aim for....to aspire for.  After all, isn't it the beauty of west --- abundance of opportunities if one has the will to work hard and avail them.  The destination 1 sets for itself is a moving destination - imho. 

First toh yeh asliguy ney dukhi kar diya and now uu ๐Ÿ˜† Asliguy this is for ur questions - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIYNjoW94I ... I think GEN 0 parents of Gen 1 hard to evaluate...if becuase GEN 0 in most cases within a country are acting as GEN 1..lols๐Ÿ˜•?

Ok now coming to Gaur's Q's - after an equilibrium (setting stage for GEn2 )has reached any aspiration further to it can be bonuses, yes they can exists and milestones exists... but as far as setting up GEN 2 for thier own challenges... all set, no?

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

CP, how come when you quote a post, the font is usually messed up?

he tends to polish his posts too vigorously which takes the color off but gets the sheen...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
Mindbender thumbnail
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

he tends to polish his posts too vigorously which takes the color off but gets the sheen...๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ho gaya , ya kuch aur bhi kehna hai aapko sudesh ji ?๐Ÿ˜†

clodpolish is absolutely unrelated to bootpolish in meaning until some people (only 1 i know here actually๐Ÿ˜†) start using their twisted brain to form twisted theories๐Ÿ˜†

no offence sudesh ji , just referring to your twisted sense of humour which makes sense of unsensible things๐Ÿ˜†