Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 15 years ago
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

biradari is not caste... its community like Agrawals, Khatris, etc.... Caste is only four Brahmins, kshatriyas, viashya and shudras.. anybody who talks of cast steals it from here...

See Brahmins are vegetarians.. now tell me how many are still brahmins? πŸ˜† I still am....

With you on biradari vs caste distinction.  Looks like the writer was confused between the two.  In India, we have castes within biradari also.  This is how evolved our caste system isπŸ˜†

btw, baniyas don't eat onions and garlic.  Hubby eats chicken ---- but only when it's w/o onion and garlicπŸ˜›.........j/k.πŸ˜†
Originally posted by: Meena1

Haha.. I dont eat meat either..πŸ˜‰..

Jo bhi ho.. lekin Pakistan main bhi caste system hai or would just be a class system..

see, one could have classes within a single community or caste.  Class system is more based on financial position.  Caste is based on the functional roles forefathers used to have. 

Biraadari is the word here....not caste or class.  Confusing hai - hai naπŸ˜†
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

With you on biradari vs caste distinction.  Looks like the writer was confused between the two.  In India, we have castes within biradari also.  This is how evolved our caste system isπŸ˜†

btw, baniyas don't eat onions and garlic.  Hubby eats chicken ---- but only when it's w/o onion and garlicπŸ˜›.........j/k.πŸ˜†

See all that custom adaptation is not acceptable.. Agrawals are baniyas.....Khatris are kshatriyas no within that if they fight on Elephants or horses....is now distinction.. or nobody cares... but you are right finer distinction si always there....😊
Edited by qwertyesque - 15 years ago
I feel military coup will be there in Pakistan and it will be sooner than later. 

What I fail to understand is how some here are claiming that terrorism is kept in check under military rule?  Are they referring to terrorist attacks within pak borders or terrorist activities across the border from pak's side?

see, one could have classes within a single community or caste.  Class system is more based on financial position.  Caste is based on the functional roles forefathers used to have. 

Biraadari is the word here....not caste or class.  Confusing hai - hai naπŸ˜†

Hahah.. i am totally confused.. i cant comprehend it.. πŸ˜†

See all that custom adaptation is not acceptable.. Agrawals are baniyas.....Khatris are kshatriyas no within that if they fight on Elephants or horses....is now distinction.. or nobody cares... but you are right finer distinction si always there....😊

What I meant was there are sub levels amongst various levels of castes.  You have suryavanshi brahmins claiming to be THE top most brahmins.  You have Mathur Kaayasth claiming to be superior to Saxena Kaayasth  who claim they are above Srivastava kaayasth- get it?

And there are also subclasses in Brahmins.. i think there are Jatt Brahmins, Gaud Brahmins.. and so an so fourth.. its weired.. they look at all these different things when they have to marry their kids..

and not sure abt other states but in Punjab they also have something called a "gote" which cant be the same as your to be wife/husband.. i dont know how exactly that comes abt..CONFUSING

So Gauri.. you can see where the whole confusion started..πŸ˜†
raj5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I feel military coup will be there in Pakistan and it will be sooner than later. 

What I fail to understand is how some here are claiming that terrorism is kept in check under military rule?  Are they referring to terrorist attacks within pak borders or terrorist activities across the border from pak's side?

Thats why I asked, who holds the key to the nuk room? I think army head does, then sooner or later they are gonna rule....this current support towards democrasy etc was just a hoo halllaa, to keep the public / UN shaannt .

I don't know who mentioned it, definitely not me... terrorism is totally a different issue IMO.
Originally posted by: Meena1

And there are also subclasses in Brahmins.. i think there are Jatt Brahmins, Gaud Brahmins.. and so an so fourth.. its weired.. they look at all these different things when they have to marry their kids..

and not sure abt other states but in Punjab they also have something called a "gote" which cant be the same as your to be wife/husband.. i dont know how exactly that comes abt..CONFUSING

So Gauri.. you can see where the whole confusion started..πŸ˜†

It's "gotra" not "gote"πŸ˜†  Your hindi cracks me up, girl!  I still remember something you wrote about Aditya saying something during srgmp.  Don't remember it now but it was hilariousπŸ˜†

yep.  It's very confusing. 
Originally posted by: raj5000

Thats why I asked, who holds the key to the nuk room? I think army head does, then sooner or later they are gonna rule....this current support towards democrasy etc was just a hoo halllaa, to keep the public / UN shaannt .

I don't know who mentioned it, definitely not me... terrorism is totally a different issue IMO.

πŸ˜†πŸ˜† check your pm.