: :Aloo Chaat Fanclub: : Out Now!!!

ruksaar_khan IF-Dazzler
ruksaar_khan
ruksaar_khan

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged

Welcome

To

Aloo Chaat Fanclub

After winning millions of hearts at the small screen the scintillating beauty Aamna Shariff  is all set to conquer the Big Screen with her Debut Film Aloo Chaat

Releasing under the banner of 'Maverick Productions' and 'Mirchi Movies Limited', the movie has been produced by Anuj Saxena,
A. P. Parigi and Gary S and is directed by
Robby Garewal.

Aamna will be be seen as 'Aamna' (yes as Aamna as that's her on screen name too) opposite Aftab Shivdasani as Nikhil.

Speaking about her role Aamna says, "I am playing a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Punjabi boy. The name of my character is also Aamna. My character is that of a simple, straight- forward and a fun loving girl. I totally relate to this character and I am sure every girl can relate to it."

Aloo Chaat- The name spells a concoction of flavours and spices meant to leave an indelible mark on your taste-buds.The film attempts to leave just that impression on the audience's minds.

Aloo Chaat Promo

Here's Wishing Aamna Shariff all the very best for her debut film...

link for Previous fanclub

Edited by ruksaar_khan - 20 March 2009 at 11:24pm

ruksaar_khan IF-Dazzler
ruksaar_khan
ruksaar_khan

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:15pm | IP Logged

Members List

ruksaar_khan
CINDRELLA
SAHELIGSWM
MURLIDHARAN99
NIDHI2013
farislove
varallika
crazyfanar
cute_rabi
ramsha
jina sirf
kashishdabest
starbellz_21
rajeevthegr88
snow.white
sumerachaudhry
RAdabest
ums5
Malashetty
xx Natasha xx
seher
shoaib_khan
sweety_1754
Crazy_4_RA
Neha_K

Edited by ruksaar_khan - 20 March 2009 at 12:58am
ruksaar_khan IF-Dazzler
ruksaar_khan
ruksaar_khan

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:16pm | IP Logged

Articles 

Movie Preview

Set in the chilling winter months in Delhi, ALOO CHAAT is story of one Punjabi family as they counter their fears and apprehensions of their US returned to be married son and his modern age thinking between crispy, mouth and eye watering bites of the Dilli Ki Mashoor Desi ghee Ki Aloo Chaat.

Nikhil falls in love with a girl, while completing his studies in America. On his visit to India for a vacation, his parents start showing him Punjabi girls for wedding. Knowing the temperament of his father Purshottam (Kulbhushan Kharbanda), he feels hesitant to disclose about his love affair, hence approaches his father's best friend who is a sexologist Hakim (Manoj Pahwa) by profession and has a great influence on his father. Together they plot to bring Nikhil's girlfriend into the family...against all odds and opposition from Chhdami mama (Sanjay Mishra), Beeji (Dolly Ahluwalia), Seeto (Meenakshi) is what makes the funny, spicy, masaledar story of ALOO CHAAT.

Aloo Chaat
Aloo Chaat
Runtime : 150  Min.
Type of Movie : Comedy
Language : Hindi
Release date : 13/03/2009
Rating :  

Aloo Chaat - Share with Newsvine Newsvine Aloo Chaat - Share with Delicious Delicious Aloo Chaat - Share with Spurl Spurl Aloo Chaat - Share with Mixx MIXX More

Posted on 3/7/2009 4:26:27 AM  by  BroadwayBaby8185
The film is about a young man Nikhil who works in a multinational bank in America and he hails from Delhi .He comes to meet his family in India. Nikhil is in love with a girl Aamna who stays in America but she is Indian at heart and she respects Indian culture. Nikki is an America girl who wants to get settled in America and she is fascinated by the Indian culture .She loves the Indian way of living.

Hakeem Tarachand is a Punjabi man who run a clinic at Lajpat Nagar and is broad minded towards all problems of society.

Purushottam jee is the owner of the auto part shop in Lajpat Nagar and he is the head of a family, where all the decisions are made by the head of the family. Purshottamji is married to Seeto and Seeto's brother Chhadami is also living with the family from the time his sister got married to Purshottamji.

Chhadami hates NRI's because he was cheated by an American woman in past. Seeto is a typical housewife who is dependent on her husband for all her decisions and she is extremely emotional. She can convert any little household incident into a high drama sequence. Beeji is the senior most member of the family, the grandmother and she is Beeji for the entire neighborhood. She is free to speak out her mind anytime to anybody, nobody complains.

The story of the film is about the young man who marries a girl of his choice and his whole family is against the girl and his marriage. What will the young man do to get things normal? There is plot, subplots high family emotional drama seen in the film where narrow minded parents couldn't understand the feelings of their son. The story has certain twists and turns to surprise audience.
Aloo Chaat Cast  

Aftab Shivdasani
Aamna Shariff
Dolly Ahluwalia
Chandan Anand
Linda Arsenio
Kulbhushan Kharbanda
Meenakshi
Sanjay Mishra
Manoj Pahwa
Lalit Parashar
Aloo Chaat Media Reviews  

chakpak.com
What do you do when your entire family is against the bride of your choice? Do you replace your family? Or do you replace the bride? Or do you make an aloo-chaat of your life?
Aloo Chaat the film, is rich in masala - with plots within sub-plots, with wisecracks dripping endlessly like that tangy chutney, and is a treat that you don't want to miss.
It tickles you, shakes you, rattles you, gags you as it takes you through the narrow lanes and equally narrow minds of orthodox Delhi parents, to a wider world of love and romance, and an unexpected twist in the tale...

lifestyle.iloveindia.com
Looks like Bollywood is on a roll with comic flicks in 2009! Right from Aki's 'Chandni Chowk to China' to SRK's 'Billu', it seems like both directors and actors are trying to make their audience enjoy a roller coaster ride of laughter and mirth in the theatres. The latest movie to join the bandwagon is Robby Grewal directed 'Aloo Chaat'. Starring Aftab Shivdasani and big-screen debutant Aamna Shariff, the movie also has Linda Arsenio, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Manoj Pahwa, Dolly Ahluwalia, Meenakshi, Sanjay Mishra, Brijendra Kala, Kailash Soni and Chandan Anand in major roles.

Releasing under the banner of 'Maverick Productions' and 'Mirchi Movies Limited', the movie has been produced by Anuj Saxena, A. P. Parigi and Gary S. While the music of Aloo Chaat is given by RDB, Vipin Mishra, Xulfi and Mehfuz Maruf, the lyrics of the songs are written by RDB, Vipin Mishra, Xulfi and Syed Gulrez. Just as the name says, the story of the film is about a hotchpotch, which occurs in the life of the lead character - played by Aftab Shivdasani. He likes a girl (Aamna Shariff) and wants to get married to her. The problem is - his 'orthodox' family is against the bride that he has chosen for himself.

There are only three options for him to explore - he has to replace his family (not practically possible) or his bride (which he does not want) or make an aloo chaat of his life (if not this, then what else!!). As if this was not enough, the movie also has an unexpected twist in the tale. With the likes of Aftab Shivdasani, Kulbhushan Kharbanda and Manoj Pahwa, this movie is sure to make its audience go into bouts of laughter. Right from the mindset of orthodox parents putting up in Delhi to the mind and heart of lovers ruled by romance, Aloo Chaat promises to bring loads of gags. If you want to know whether or not he marries the woman of his choice or makes an 'Aloo Chaat' of his life, wait for 13th March.

Music Review

Music Review : Aloo Chat

Aloo Chat
Director :
Music :
Lyrics :
Starring :
 Robby Grewal
 RDB, Xulfi, Vipin Mishra and Mehfuz Maruf
 RDB, Xulfi, Vipin Mishra and Syed Gulrez
 Aftab Shivdasani, Aamna Shariff, Linda Arsenio, Kulbhushan

By Satyajit, Bollywood Trade News Network

view ALOO CHAAT videos

view ALOO CHAAT videos

ALOO CHAAT, a ''masaleedar'' comical ride is the new laughing therapy of the season with music that touches many genres and style. Director Robby Grewal showed his ''brownie'' points as ardent music lover in his last flick MP3- MERA PEHLA PEHLA PYAR and now he teams with four different music directors in spicing up this sizzling comical entertainer. RDB comes out as the most audible name in the credits with Xulfi adding sentimental hues with his Sufi rock flair. This album proves to be another stage where two new composers Vipin Mishra and Mehfuz Maruf make their first presence. Despite its low profile and bleak face-value, the album promises surprises with the genre (comedy) that has been so far the most bankable formula of the box office. Can ALOO CHAAT be another spicy Punjabi sizzler for its listener? Can the amalgamation of four diverse composers deliver out the much needed ''dhaamal'' in making this a joyride? So let's test our taste buds in finding out the actual flavor of this ALOO CHAAT...

Peppy, massy and intrinsically promotional! RDB packs some really spicy pop ''masala'' of UK ''bhangra'' mania in creating awareness of the word ''Aloo Chaat'' in rapturously loud title track ''Aloo Chaat (RDB version)''. After making thunderous impulse in title track of SINGH IS KINNG and ''Rafta Rafta'' (NAMASTEY LONDON), this vivacious Sikh boy band goes full throttle with Nindy Kaur's demure tones mixing up well in a commotion of ''club'' remix outburst. This one goes for the Channel V and MTV style of music videos that can really spread the positive word for the flick and is doing the good work so far in the promos.

MUMBAI: Aloo Chaat starring Aftab Shivdasani and Aamna Shariff is scheduled to release on 20 March. The movie is produced by Mirchi Movies and actor Anuj Saxena's Maverick Productions in association with Red Ice films.

Directed by Robby Grewal, the film also stars Linda Arsenio, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Manoj Pahwa, Sanjay Mishra, Dolly Ahluwalia and Meenakshi Sethi.

"Aloo Chaat is one film, which will keep you thoroughly entertained with that constant smile on your face. The film is made for a family audience. I can assure that no one from the audience will have a single moment of embarrassment or discomfort when the film is on; it is so clean,' says Shivdasani.

Shariff adds, "I am playing a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Punjabi boy. The name of my character is also Aamna. My character is that of a simple, straight- forward and a fun loving girl. I totally relate to this character and I am sure every girl can relate to it."

Saxena adds, "The film has been shot well on time. The film looks good and it is a realistic comedy which audience can watch with their family. The flavour of the film is so that audiences will connect to it instantly and when you come out of the theatre you will come out feeling light."

Grewal says, "Aloo Chaat was conceived as a film with the objective of entertaining the audience, with a liberal dose of fun and laughter, but at the same time leaving a pertinent question regarding discrimination of people on the basis of caste and creed. It's a film set in Delhi with all the trappings of a middle class Punjabi household. I seriously believe Punjabis are the funniest species on the planet, and I have attempted to capture that very essence of Punjabi humour in my film."

Aloo Chaat

screenindia Posted: Mar 06, 2009 at 1452 hrs IST
Director: Robby Grewal
Producer: Anuj Saxena
Music: Vipin Mishra, Xulfi and Mehfuz Maruf
Cast: Aamna Shariff, Aftab Shivdasani, Linda Arsenio and Kulbushan Kharbanda Set in the chilling winter months in Delhi, Aloo Chaat is story of one Punjabi family as they counter their fears and apprehensions of their US-returned, to-be-married son and his modern thinking. Nikhil (Aftab Shivdasani) falls in love with a girl while studying in America. On a vacation to India, his parents start looking at Punjabi girls for getting him married. Knowing the temperament of his father Purshottam (Kulbhushan Kharbanda), he feels hesitant to disclose about his love affair. He approaches his father's best friend, who is a sexologist and hakim by profession (Manoj Pahwa) and has a great influence on his father. Together they plot to bring Nikhil's girlfriend into the family against all odds and opposition from his family members. Aloo Chaat tickles you, shakes you, rattles you, gags you as it takes you through the narrow lanes and equally narrow minds of orthodox Delhi parents, to a wider world of love and romance and an unexpected twist in the tale. Aloo Chaat- The name spells a concoction of flavours and spices meant to leave an indelible mark on your taste-budsThe film attempts to leave just that impression on the audience's minds. Aloo Chaat was conceived with the objective of entertaining the audience with a liberal dose of fun and laughter but at the same time leaving a pertinent question regarding discrimination of people on the basis of caste and creed. It's a film set in Delhi with all the trappings of a middle-class Punjabi household. I seriously believe that Punjabis are the funniest species on the planet and I have attempted to capture that very essence of Punjabi humour in my film. I am very certain that this happy, funny family will provide moments of happiness and unadulterated fun to lots of other families and at the same time give a very subtle and a relevant message about unfair discrimination of human beings. There's no over-the-top humour or in-your-face slapstick comedy. Beyond that, I don't want to say much. We're confident we have done our best and it's for audiences to decide when they see the film. Aftab Shivdasani
I had almost turned down the film. The title initially was a big put-off. But once I heard the story, I was confident the film would be a success. It's a realistic comedy and every character is well-sketched. I am playing a guy called Nikhil. It's a simple film about different characters and situations dominate the characters. It's an absolutely family entertainer and the best thing about the film is its subtleness in comedy. Aamna Shariff
I was constantly offered a lot of TV serials but I did not want to act on television anymore. I wanted to do films. I got to hear a lot of scripts for films and offers kept pouring in. But nothing excited me till I heard the script of Aloo Chaat, which is an absolutely character-driven story. I am playing a Muslim girl who falls in love with a Punjabi boy. The name of my character is also Aamna. My character is that of a simple, straightforward and a fun-loving girl. I totally relate to this character and I am sure every girl will too. Everyone involved with this film have worked very hard.

THE BUZZ
The film, which has been in the making for almost six months is finally complete. If the film succeeds, will it set in a new trend for film titles like Sev Puri and Pav Bhaji?

Edited by ruksaar_khan - 12 March 2009 at 7:25am
ruksaar_khan IF-Dazzler
ruksaar_khan
ruksaar_khan

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:17pm | IP Logged

Picture Gallery

Edited by ruksaar_khan - 13 March 2009 at 7:43am
ruksaar_khan IF-Dazzler
ruksaar_khan
ruksaar_khan

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

Videos

Aloo Chaat title track featuring RDB

Dhadke Jiye

Aloo Chat- Music Launch

Aamna Shariff talking about Aloo Chaat on Taran Adarsh's show

editing....

Edited by ruksaar_khan - 14 March 2009 at 12:47am
BiggBoss420 IF-Addictz
BiggBoss420
BiggBoss420

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Congrats for the new FC.............

By the way, Ruku, it's a request, plz remove my ID from the members list in this FC.........

Edited by farislove - 13 March 2009 at 12:36pm
sknra IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
sknra IF-Dazzler

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top