Celebrity Fan Clubs

The Moment of Truth- "Sach ka Saamna" Fc - Page 29

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Season 2 for Sach Ka Saamna?
KUNAL M SHAH , MUMBAI MIRROR 12 September 2009, 08:51am IST

Sach Ka Saamna, which has been in news ever since its inception for its controversial nature, is ending on September 18. The producers are planning a second season, though the host Rajeev Khandelwal has not even agreed to host an extension to season one.

Confirming the news of the extension, a source from the channel says, "The show has done extremely well and the TRPs have soared despite controversies and change in its air time. The channel was keen to have 30 more episodes in addition to the earlier contract of 50 episodes."

Rajeev, though, is happy that the show is being pulled off air at the right time. He says, "The popularity of the show never slipped, which is rare on Indian television. There were discussions of an extension, but now I am committed to the films I have signed and I think it's better to leave on a high."

However Siddhartha Basu, head honcho at Big Synergy, has a different perspective. He says, "Various plans were discussed and extending the show-time to one hour was one of them. We had an initial plan of 50 episodes and we stuck to it as extending the number of episodes is a huge process which involves testing the authenticity of the contestants to getting details and contacting family members. So there might be a season 2 now."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Season-2-for-Sach-Ka-Saamna/articleshow/5001424.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Guys there was a article of Mandira Bedi..Where she is asked about Sach Ka Saamna...

Can you imagine being in the hotseat on Sach Ka Saamna?

I was asked to audition as host for Sach Ka Saamna. The original format of the show has never had a female host. But I failed in the auditions. On hindsight, I'd say that this is one failure that I was hoping for even while auditioning for it. This is a show that wrecks marriages, causes unrest in relationships and ruffles a lot of feathers. Somewhere, the host acts as a catalyst. I've watched a couple of episodes and nowhere did I regret not having hosted it. I don't think I can imagine myself being in the hotseat. I wouldn't want to expose the inner workings of my mind to earn money.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/regional/news-interviews/Motherhood-why-not/articleshow/5003552.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
I love you, Dad: Rajeev Khandelwal
Nilanjana Nag , MUMBAI MIRROR 13 September 2009, 08:32am IST

A phone call about his father's heart attack shattered Rajeev Khandelwal's idea of a blissful tomorrow...

Quite unlike my current unyielding image on TV, in my younger days, I was a carefree and an easygoing person. I took from life whatever it had to offer, because everything seemed to just work itself out then. Even the day I left my parents' house in Jaipur for Delhi in search of a career in acting, I was calm, optimistic. Until one day, a phone call from my younger brother Rahul changed it all.

Irreversible damage
My father had suffered his second heart attack. I flew to Delhi from Mumbai immediately to consult the best surgeons, only to be told that he had to undergo a bypass surgery. For the first time, I really felt I couldn't breathe and everything around me stood still. Had I actually thought that my father, being an army man, was indestructible? That he would live forever? Yes. It had been a fairytale-like existence, which I was finally jolted out of. That vision of him being wheeled in on a stretcher for the operation, told me what a fool I'd been all this while. I saw pain in his eyes that looked desperate now. Would he see us ever again? He shook hands with me and his touch said it all — son, be good!

Time's running out
All my life, much like any other self-respecting young adult, I had been self-sufficient and had never depended on my parents for anything. And I lived on, travelled, built a career. My own survival had become the only visible goal and I kept getting sucked deeper into it with time. For all that my parents had done for me, I knew I would 'pay them back', when the time was right. Admit it. We all think the same way. But must we wait eternally for that 'right time'? The new turn of events had taught me the most important lesson of my life — never take anything for granted. One life is too short a time to let your loved ones know how much they mean to you.

Starting afresh
I introspected while my father was being operated upon. Thoughts of him not making it were killing me. It was quite an alien sensation and yet debilitating enough to make me feel like a loser for having waited all this while, just to tell my father how much I loved him. Thankfully I did. The operation was successful. A month later, my father and I visited Rishikesh and went river rafting together. It really seemed like we had rediscovered each other.

Things are different today. I'm happier. I still plan my tomorrow but never before living my today to the fullest.

He shook hands with me and his touch said it all — son, be good

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/I-love-you-Dad-Rajeev-Khandelwal/articleshow/5004808.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail

Edited by sun_423 - 14 years ago
Crazy_4_RA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Rajeev Khandelwals hairy politics!

Bureau News
September 17th, 2009
By Subhash K Jha

Rajeev Khandelwal has a lot of preparation to do for his next two films, Sourabh Narang's Return Gift and Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Chenab Gandhi. While for Bhansali's film he needs to get fluent in Urdu and familiar with the pre-Partition era, the preparation for Narang's film is even more complex and elaborate.

Rajeev can't wait for his reality show to end so he could embark on his big-screen preparations. Interestingly in spite of the show's popularity there's no mention of a second season for Rajeev. "For now, this is it," he says tersely.

For Return Gift in which Rajeev plays an Indian bureaucrat on a mission to Pakistan Rajeev will have to meet bureaucrats from both sides of the border to understand the intricacies of across-the-border diplomacy.

"I can't just go into the part unprepared. It's a character that has far-reaching relevance. I'll be meeting eminent bureaucrats to understand the workings of the Indian bureaucracy and the complex issue of Indo-Pak relations."

For all of this, Rajeev needs time off. Sach Ka Samna hardly gives him that space. In fact it now threatens to crowd him even more. Rajeev Khandelwal has a problem. And it's got to do with his hair. Before he goes into Sanjay Leela Bhansali's production of Chenaab Gandhi Rajeev has allotted dates to Sourabh Narang's Return Gift, which requires him to play an Indian civil servant on a diplomatic mission.

And everyone knows IAS officers are supposed to sport close-cropped hair. But Sanjay's film requires Rajeev to have very long hair.

Says Rajeev, "In fact one of the reasons why Mr. Bhansali selected me was because of my hair. I had grown it really long and curly for my role as a Goan beach bum in Peter Gaya Kaam Se. Mr. Bhansali saw that look and thought it was what he wanted for his assistant Vibhu Puri's film. That's how I was considered."

Having bagged the coveted role Rajeev was clearly told the hair remains.

Says Rajeev, "I was in a dilemma since Sourabh's film needed me to keep my hair short. And there was no time to cut my hair and grow it back. So I was left with no choice but to ask Sourabh to work his way around my hair."

Apparently Rajeev will now wear a cropped wig to look the Bureacrat's part.

Says Rajeev, "All I'll say is, I won't look wrong for the part."

Laughs Rajeev, "For the privilege of working with Mr Bhansali, I'd happily go bald. He's one of the best filmmakers of our country. Although he isn't directing Chenaab Gandhi his involvement with the project is full-on. I'll wrap my work in Return Gift and move on to Chenaab Gandhi. The thought of sharing screen space with Mr. Amitabh Bachchan so early in my career gives me goosebumps."

-Sampurn Media

Link-

http://blog.taragana.com/e/2009/09/17/rajeev-khandelwals-hairy-politics-34131/

Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Colors gets record ratings among Hindi GECs in one year
Ashish Sinha / New Delhi September 17, 2009, 0:18 IST

For the first time in six months, the Hindi general entertainment genre has got a decisive leader in Colors. According to the latest ratings data provided by audience measurement firm TAM Media, Colors has got a record gross ratings points (GRPs) of 325 for the previous week — the highest since its launch in July 2008 and also the highest among all Hindi general entertainment channels (GECs) in over a year.

This is significant because, in the past six months, the top-three spots in the Hindi GEC space has seen a frequent shift between Colors, STAR Plus and Zee TV. Now Colors is leading the Hindi general entertainment genre with 325 GRPs — a lead of 50 GRPs over its nearest rival STAR Plus and 70 GRPs ahead of Zee TV. Also, in the last 10 weeks, Colors has occupied the top position six times among the dozen Hindi GECs, a segment that attracts over Rs 3,000 crore of advertising revenue yearly.

Also, based on the TAM data, the second season of stunt-based reality show Fear Factor-Khataron Ke Khiladi on Colors has been ranked the second-most watched reality show of 2009, with the first episode generating a rating of 4.4. Over 10 reality shows have been launched on Hindi GECs this year. Sach Ka Saamna, a reality show on rival STAR Plus, has so far been the top-ranked reality show in 2009 with a rating of 4.6 for its first episode which was aired in mid-July.

On Colors, its flagship drama series Balika Vadhu has emerged as the highest rated serial in the previous week with the maximum television ratings of 6.4, according to the latest TAM data for week 37.

Relevance of TAM data
The TAM data form the industry benchmark for deciding various parameters affecting the broadcast business, including channel rankings, advertising rates and reach & popularity of television channels, among others. And, on the basis of TAM data, the advertisers spread their Rs 8,500 crore of advertising budgets across various genres of television, like Hindi GECs, sports, news and movies channels.

Colors is a Hindi GEC launched by Viacom 18, a joint venture company of Network 18 and US-based Viacom Inc. On the day of the launch on July 21, 2008, Colors had emerged as the number two ranked Hindi GEC while, within nine months of its launch, it had become the genre-leader, dislodging STAR Plus for the first time in eight years.

However, STAR Plus has been dominant in the first half of 2009, having crossed the 300-GRP levels eight times compared with just three times by Colors so far this year. Colors is slated to launch the third season of Bigg Boss soon, with Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan as anchor.

http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/colors-gets-record-ratings-among-hindi-gecs-in-one-year/370355/
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Roopa Ganguly on Sach ka Saamna finale
DIVYA PAL , TNN 18 September 2009, 12:00am IST

The 50-episode show Sach ka Saamna that threw up a lot of controversies and dazed all with its boldness is finally coming to an end.
Rajeev Khandelwal and Roopa Ganguly

MOMENT OF TRUTH: Rajeev Khandelwal and Roopa Ganguly More Pics

But not without a surprise. In the last episode of this reality show, none other than actress Roopa Ganguly will be seen on the hot seat. So what made Roopa take a decision to appear on the show? "I was in two minds after watching the first two episodes. But later, I realised it isn't just about digging the past. It influences the human mind. Even if truth can be humiliating and sad, I knew I could justify my answers," Roopa said.

However, she's disappointed that she couldn't reveal as many secrets as she would have loved to about herself. She said, "Post Mahabharat my experience was shocking. I got the biggest jolt of my life. Thankfully, I wasn't too ambitious to have stooped to levels wherein sexual favours alone could have got me success. In all these 24 years of my career, I haven't asked anyone for work."

When asked about her bond with Diveyendu, a 30-year-old Bengali singer, Roopa said, "He was the one who got me back to Mumbai. He asked me to work again so that people remember me for my hard work," she said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv-/Roopa-faces-Sach-ka-Saamna/articleshow/5022370.cms
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
thanku for the article..😊
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Roopa Ganguly to face 'Sach Ka Samna' today

Mumbai: The controversial TV reality show 'Sach Ka Samna', is now heading towards its final destination. The show 'Sach Ka Samna' wore a lot of criticism and controversies and threw up a lot of hungama. Amid all the controversies SKS still succeeded in making a place for itself among the audiences.

The TV actress Roopa Ganguly will be its last guest for the season one.

To make the turbulent journey of this bold serial more memorable, Roopa Ganguly will be seen on the hot seat unearthing the harsh and bitter truths of her life on September 18.

The actress is well known for her character 'Draupdi' in B.R.Chopra's Mahabharat.

According to Roopa Ganguly, the show is not just about digging the past but it influences the human mind.

She said though the truths of her life may be appalling but she is sure that she will be able to justify her actions and decisions. After so many celebrities confronting the truth it will be exciting to see the emotional phase of actress Roopa Ganguly's journey.

http://www.samaylive.com/news/roopa-ganguly-to-face-sach-ka-samna-today/657469.html
Surya.Ravi thumbnail
Roopa's Sach.......Article
- Roopa Ganguly reveals home truths on Sach ka Saamna
Roopa Ganguly. (Aranya Sen)

As someone who is always game for a challenge, Roopa Ganguly faced Rajeev Khandelwal's probing posers on Sach Ka Saamna. The episode airs tonight at 11pm on STAR Plus. A t2 chat after the tell-all...

How did the show happen?

Well, the makers of Sach Ka Saamna approached me and I agreed.

Weren't you afraid of the outcome?

Yes, I was afraid. I was pretty afraid (laughs). But I was also curious about the polygraph test... what it is and the way it works. And being on the show has been an amazing experience for me!

An amazing experience?

Yes, I enjoyed the process. I came to know myself better. I won't say I agree with everything about the polygraph but it has been an eye-opener.... The polygraph test was the best part of the show. I was asked about 50 questions and it helped resolve a lot of issues that were on my mind. Here was a team of people who had researched my life and they were making me think about several incidents and events from my life, right from childhood till now.... You know, sometimes there's a difference between what is actually the truth and what you perceive to be the truth through your social conditioning.

What was your state of mind during the show?

Being on Sach Ka Saamna can be a devastating experience. It can be refreshing and beautiful at the same time. I went through all these stages. But I would say it's an experience worth trying.

Are there some uncomfortable truths that you have revealed on the show?

Yes, there are a lot of uncomfortable truths that I have revealed... it might be uncomfortable for some people.

Do you think this tell-all may affect your personal relationships?

No, I don't think so. I believe that the people who are close to me know who I am and that's the most important thing for me. Let them know the truth. I don't have a problem. I am not tense.

What will you do with the prize money?

Well, I help some underprivileged children stay and study in Rajpur, near Narendrapur. With some of the prize money, I want to build them a proper place to stay.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1090918/jsp/entertainment/story_11508923.jsp

credit goes to koyel who posted the article in the sks forum..