Only design matters, nothing to do with brands

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago

Tags: brands, designer handbag

Only design matters, nothing to do with brands

Some people are insensitive to brands, they like an item and buy it is possibly only because of the design itself, which has nothing to do with the brand.

"My liking of Grade A replicas is in fact a liking of fashion designs, besides, their materials and crafts are better than third tier brands, and I'm not enchanted with their LOGO" said Ms Zhang who has three years' experience of buying replicas, "it doesn't matter if my girl friends know that they are not authentic. I won't hold back where I got them on purpose. I buy them just because I like them. The price is almost the same compared with those third tier brands. Although the replica handbags are mostly old designs, the workmanship is quite nice, so I think replicas are more economical and practical."

Consumption interpretation:
"If you can get it at $200, why pay $20000?"—this is their consumption philosophy. These people don't have that strong possessive instinct for brand items; sometimes they choose to buy replicas is likely because they like the design and the replica's excellent cost performance, which has nothing to do with brand consumption; sometimes they buy replicas is simply following suit or self-deception.

Travel miles to bestow a replica, is a trifling gift with profound feeling

Top brands have strong appeal, though to buy replica after you know it is a replica is not decent thing to do, it does deeply root in people's mind.

Mr. Kwok is a tourist guide and he says he never uses replicas, but due to his job he often receives from and sends gifts to friends nationwide. He also says that it is much too outdated to send local products like candied cake made of popped rice and walnut candied cake, and replica designer products appear to be better solutions.

Mr. Kwok likes to make targeted purchase of replica watches as gifts, which he explains, "How will I send out gold watches costing tens of thousands of money each as it is a name card? Everyone knows that, and we don't owe each other anything."

Mr. Kwok tells the reporter that he once bought a pair of Cartier's limited edition of his-and-her watches for a friend and his wife who live in another city. Because this pair of watches is of great quality, so the two of them are very happy although they know they are replicas. "In fact these two so-called world's top watches only cost me 5oo Yuan. A good buy, isn't it?"

Consumption interpretation:
The reason why replicas are so rampant is because of the market demand and profits. From Mr. Kwok's example of sending replicas as gifts we can know that replicas have deeply rooted in people's daily life.

trackback: http://blog.handbagsmaster.com/index.php/only-design-matters-nothing-to-do-with-brands/ designer handbag