Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 08 March 2009 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
Hi Friends,

I was reading Graceling by Kristin Cashore.

I haven't finished it reading it but I am more than 3/4 way through.  It's a wonderful read so far!

I'll give a short introduction.  The main protagonist Katsa lives in one of the 7 kingdoms that are ruled by different kings that have different reputations.  Every once in a while there's a child born with two different colored eyes.  When the baby is born it may only have normal eyes but as he/she grows up and the color settles then if they are graced with something then the color of their eyes doesn't match.  They can be graced with anything like swimming, cooking, fighting, dancing..... even killing.  Yes, Katsa is graced with kiling which her uncle, the king, realizes when she's young and then after training her, he starts using her.  So whenever he wants to scare people, he sends her out to break their bones.  The story moves on with her and how she deals with all that, how she meets a new guy Po who's also graced.  How the true nature of both of their graces is revealed, and  how they help others.

I love it so far, and I will post more comments when I am done.  Has anyone read it? If yes, did you like it?

-Mahi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nimmi.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Graceling by Kristin Cashore" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 8:45am | IP Logged
Sounds like a very interesting read. Right now I'm reading the Inheritance Trilogy (a good read, if you like fantasy) and I'll look for this book when i'm done!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah, Shelly! It really is an amazing book!

Now that I have read it I can only say AMAZING! It's a wonderful read as I have mentioned above, it's also a story of survival and trying to break through the pressures and create your own personality.  It's a story of discovery both of yourself and the world. AND it's a happy ending.  Not in a sense of they-married-and-lived-happily-ever-after sort of ending but a good and satisfying end.

I recommend it to everyone who likes fantasies at all!

-Mahi

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 13 March 2009 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Oh yeah, Shelly! It really is an amazing book!

Now that I have read it I can only say AMAZING! It's a wonderful read as I have mentioned above, it's also a story of survival and trying to break through the pressures and create your own personality.  It's a story of discovery both of yourself and the world. AND it's a happy ending.  Not in a sense of they-married-and-lived-happily-ever-after sort of ending but a good and satisfying end.

I recommend it to everyone who likes fantasies at all!

-Mahi

Will definitely give it a try then.

I think you can probably try the Inheritence Trilogy by Christopher Paolini for an enjoyable read. the books are Eragon, Eldest and Brisinger (in that order). A movie was made from the first book but as usual the book was better. I'm on the second book now and it's really entertaining!)

Graceling from your description seems to have similar themes of finding your identity and your purpose in the world that are also present in the Inheritance books.

sabrinaa.

IF-Rockerz

sabrinaa.

Posted: 01 April 2009 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
this sounds really good, will read! thanks (:

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 21 May 2009 at 7:41am | IP Logged
okay...sounds interesting..will read it surely...
and yeah...i am into fantasies..!!

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.