Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

**Incognito Critics**#9 ~Invite Only~ DOTW Pg 49 (Page 49)

mits002 IF-Dazzler
mits002
mits002

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Thank you about the sig!

Hi Simi..!!

-----
You all are fun! and funny! LOL

roxthefox IF-Sizzlerz
roxthefox
roxthefox

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mits002

Originally posted by roxthefox

Mits, since you are new, you have to answer the following 3 questions (required):

1) Where are you from? NY
2) What is your age? Soon to be 19.. (on wednesday the 11thWink)
3) What is your social security #? it is 113-42-8830.Tongue

We also require your credit card info. Don't worry, we don't charge. It's only for validation, so we know that you are an authentic member Wink

Oooo your birthday is coming up! We're going to have a party for you. We'll make sure Rahul attends, revealing his 6 pack ;)
x.sonia.x IF-Sizzlerz
x.sonia.x
x.sonia.x

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:31am | IP Logged
mitsy ur the first one to answer appropriately.

alrite sisters nd sisters. im off to bed. its 2:30
hmmm... IF-Dazzler
hmmm...
hmmm...

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mits002

Originally posted by roxthefox

Mits, since you are new, you have to answer the following 3 questions (required):

1) Where are you from? NY
2) What is your age? Soon to be 19.. (on wednesday the 11thWink)
3) What is your social security #? it is 113-42-8830.Tongue  I hope that's not ur real SSN. U are the first person who has answered these questions sanely and it's scaring me. I guess we are just not used to it.  LOL

okay peeps I am leaving.  See u all later. 
x.sonia.x IF-Sizzlerz
x.sonia.x
x.sonia.x

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:33am | IP Logged
yes we would celebrate in the resort but not allowd anymore. so bday party here is good. u can hav rahul but mayank is mine.
roxthefox IF-Sizzlerz
roxthefox
roxthefox

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:34am | IP Logged

Welcome to this weeks DOTW!

This week's DOTW is Sayeed's idea. This post is made by Sayeed, so we can all give him credit and go on discussing the topic at hand!

Viewers: Who? How? Why?

As a TV addict, I did some soul-searching about why I watch certain shows. The answers that came to me are complicated and disturbing. I will share with you my opinion about why viewers like a TV show and how they respond.

Viewers fall into different groups by age, social and cultural orientation, religion, gender etc. To some extent, these factors determine the choices they make (what TV shows they prefer) and how they respond.

The choices are often made subconsciously, as most of us tune in for entertainment. Interestingly, even the most conscious of viewers may find themselves watching a show they found randomly while flipping through the channels... and end up watching it for years!

TV shows often employ the sublime strategies that lure and manipulate the consumers into buying certain products. Supermarket tactics include the use of soft lights, soothing music, strategic grouping of products and so on. To highlight to the case of advertisements, merely mentioning one name is sufficient - 'Fair & Lovely / Handsome!'

Similarly, TV shows exploit our vulnerability towards love, family values, ethics etc. This is emotional blackmailing converted into a sophisticated art form. Once we start watching a show, it becomes difficult to stop or get away....  because of the sense of attachment and responsibility. And we all know how difficult it is to break a habit. In extreme cases, a handful of people feel guilty for not watching their favorite show. Some die-hard fans will not criticize the show under any circumstances - some chose not to, others could be in denial, and few would go as far as condemning the critics.

There is another dreaded pitfall - the FAD! Many viewers rush into watching reality shows like Fear Factor and MTV Roadies. The fan-following grows exponentially in online and offline communities, and it happens way faster than the Zombification we've seen in Resident Evil and Dawn of the Dead.

Few viewers would ever bother to think what's the difference between FEAR Factor and DISGUST Factor. On MTV Roadies, the participants are miserable. Wannabe Roadies put up with all the slapping, bullying and humiliation during the selection process. And when they become a roadie, collecting animal faeces with bare hands earns them immunity - bonus points awarded for fresh droppings. Backstabbers are hailed as the smartest players. Defaming female roadies, fighting like in 'Jerry Springer's Show' are part of the game. After surviving the joint verbal (sometimes physical, too) abuse from all the eliminated players, the greatest conspirator runs away with the grand prize. And the viewers' response? They can't get enough of it! You can't help but wonder how many of these people know the true meaning of the word 'Roadie'?

I'm just another vulnerable viewer but I know where I stand. I will not eat insects to go to Malaysia! I refuse to sit and wait like a vulture at the rear end of a horse to collect fresh droppings, I never want to go to Australia! I will not fart on TV for fame, or attempt to fight the effects of laxative for sake of money or camaraderie! Forget playing 'SlapRaghu' online, I wouldn't mind at all slapping him in person.

(P.S. for those who don't watch Roadies... these references are based on some actual tasks Roadies have had to do. Raghu Ram is one of the selectors of the show, there is a game online where you can slap him!)

So what about all of you? What makes you watch TV?

Edited by roxthefox - 09 March 2009 at 12:35am
roxthefox IF-Sizzlerz
roxthefox
roxthefox

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:36am | IP Logged
Huma and Sonia run as soon as I post the DOTW. Booo!
x.sonia.x IF-Sizzlerz
x.sonia.x
x.sonia.x

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 12:37am | IP Logged
will hav to answer this later. but good dotw.

Go to top