Debate Mansion

Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 11 March 2009 at 9:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

Originally posted by qwertyesque

Originally posted by qwertyesque

I guess , if more people could just comment about why they believe in the fact that no person has the right to take another person's life  , it would be good, cos i haven't been able to reach satisfactory points regarding the same.

there are plenty of reasons, here are some
1. they didnt give it to him so they cant take it from him.. a rule of a civilized society.

We didn't give criminals the right to take others lives, we didn't give criminals all those deadly weapons...... so we can't take it from them huh ?as a matter ofwe gave them the reason and we gave them the weapons too...remember there were no people called terrorists 50 years ago...
huh ? there weren't terrorists ? or the term wasn't used ? there weren't i never play that edgy card.. if you can prove that we had terrorism I would agree... people never killed innocents "just" to demonstrate a point... ....if you talking about the freedom struggle and those underground activities.. you should realize terrorism has two parts motive and means... in terrorism as it exists today teh motive is to kill innocents to gather attention and use means to ensure they dont survive and have gruesome deaths....now tell me about the history
btw - as we are talking about indirectly doing things (as in we didn't give them those reasons and weapons straightforwardly) , so the criminal was given life by his mother who is part of society only , so the society has the right to take that life away then.

There is something called as earning....or rather losing in this case....everyone has a right to live until he does such activities which show to the world that he has lost the right to live. thats your assumption...whenever society doesnt care a criminal is born... so ? thats means you cant use retaliatory measures for something you created. Its like badgering your own witness in a trial..LOL

3. formalized crime like capital punishment is worse than crime of passion

I am quite sure people committing crimes of passion wouldn't be given capital punishment, cos its given in the rarest of rare cases, wherein all possibilities of such cases can be eliminated and only certain cases are left wherein "the passion thing" won't work as a defense your defense is only as good as the lawyer you can afford...so Smile

We can't talk this way , can we ?sure we can - you should read about the ridiculous judicial system in teh US...the top 10 or something...

Rarest of rare cases eliminates all these possibilities, and moreover , there is no use using imperfections in the system to prove a point.you can if the imperfections dont show up as a exceptions....Smile

Edited by qwertyesque - 11 March 2009 at 9:27am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Showbizz

IF-Dazzler

Showbizz

Posted: 20 March 2009 at 7:14am | IP Logged
I support it

Post Reply New Post

Go to top