Debate Mansion

Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 11:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by clodpolish

I guess , if more people could just comment about why they believe in the fact that no person has the right to take another person's life  , it would be good, cos i haven't been able to reach satisfactory points regarding the same.

...as in murdering someone or getting capital punishment for murdering someone?

As far as the latter is concerned, Idid make my case for why it is totally justifiable to execute for certain crimes.  If I am not mistaken, you are questioning those against capital punishment here ----hai na .....you better be warna khair naheen tumhariLOL

i am not questioning you , aap to keh hi rahe ho ki it is justifiable LOL
I am talking of people who don't think that we have the right to take life( as in captital punishment onlyLOL). I haven't seen concrete arguments from that side (i don't believe in god one !)

btw -
my avi is cute ?
o really ?LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by trustt

i would only repeat my previous statement . A Person who has become habituated to Violent Crimes will not Stop. It is in the brain . even if you waist 1 billion dollars reforming him it still won't work. it is in the brain....
trust me , i have seen some of the worst criminals for my Project.. these guys in High Security measures tend to become more aggressive and start pursuing other criminals with a vendetta.. that is how Gangs are created. they exchange notes in cryptic manner. you need to only kill them.. there is no alternative...
           common ask yourself if your child was abducted by a Nithari Killer would you allow him to stay alive or would you just have this urge to kill him???
If as a person you think you can pardon a Nithari Killer then you are  A SAINT ... LOLLOLLOL

People are not born evil. Every child is born innocent. Meaning evilness is not a genetic factor which people inherits, but rather something people picks up as they grow, due to environmental pressure, or circumstance. Hence it can easily be cured just as it had been picked by the victim (yes, I am labelling the criminal as a victim of destiny).
A lot of research had been done where extremely sadisitic criminals have been cured from their diseases. I don't have anyu source with me right now, but I have read about that. Will provide you with them when I get time.

About these criminals making others the same like them...well I gotto repeat my old statement (just as you did) again (seems like you have missed it): Keep the dangerous criminals in different, totally seperate cells. Totally sperate from everyone else, so that they cannot be in contact with any other prisoners to whom they can cause harm.

Well about the question you asked...I again gotto repeat my previous statement: "I even oppose death penalty for the person who killed my own brother". Maybe if I had a children and I had seen him getting killed by someone, I would have turned different. But that doesn't make me right.

Seriously, how is life-time sentence to a prison any different from death? The person is going to die sooner or later!

BTW what's a "nithari" killer? Excuse my ignorance.

Originally posted by angie.4u

Yeah an opportunity for redemption shud B provided.

Yeah, though sadly that is rarely the case. I believe each and every human soul is pure. Everyone has the ability to redeem himself from any earthly sin he had committed. Also, not to forget, redemption is the greatest punishment (also a reward) anyone can ever offer.

Originally posted by angie.4u

Yes it should be banned.. no capital punishment.. nobody as an individual or a society have a right to take somebody's life.... teh gruesomeness of crimes is by-product of evolution and the effect the society has had on the individuals.... the veri existence of terrorism proves that point...

Thank you (for snatching words out of my mouth, LOL)LOL Kidding, but seriously I was about to say that...I believe in God, and I believe He created our life, and only He has the right to take it. None of us humans have that right. The person is bound to die someday, sooner or later..
Though I didn't get what you meant by the statement which I coloured red. Could you clarify?

@Gauri: Just out of curiousity, are you an atheist?
@Believe: Fantastic avi (sorry mods for getting off topic, couldn't help myself)LOL How did you get that made?

Labib

ok PoH. I wanted to say that just like everything crime evolves and this is mostly responsible for the nature of crime that perpetrates... for eg...earlier people would fight each other with knives and kill each other, today they use guns..earlier people would kill and repent, today people can mince others to pieces... all this is a by-product  of a degrading value system. So a society cant blame an individual for the extent of crime ... a society which claims to have evolved shouldnt be able to justify capital punishment which is why mostly they cant justify. nobody has put a sound justification in favor of eye-for-an-eye in today's modern society. the evolution of depravity has been so fast that conservative values propounded by islam are simply trampled which is the major cause of terrorism....

On the aside gauri amma is not an atheist.. she makes up her own god.. follows her own religion and lives in her own world...LOL.. btw are u related to RTH or r u rth? cant u pick up eros or venus instead of hades?LOL

t

Edited by qwertyesque - 10 March 2009 at 1:16pm

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 1:20pm | IP Logged

I guess , if more people could just comment about why they believe in the fact that no person has the right to take another person's life  , it would be good, cos i haven't been able to reach satisfactory points regarding the same.

there are plenty of reasons, here are some
1. they didnt give it to him so they cant take it from him.. a rule of a civilized society.
2. they shouldnt wilfully do what they cant undo.
3. formalized crime like capital punishment is worse than crime of passion
4. How abuot its illegal...LOL
5. you should give it a try to get all the sections of justice that are applicable or contact a lawyer...LOL.......

Edited by qwertyesque - 10 March 2009 at 1:20pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Originally posted by qwertyesque

On the aside gauri amma is not an atheist.. she makes up her own god.. follows her own religion and lives in her own world...LOL.. btw are u related to RTH or r u rth? cant u pick up eros or venus instead of hades?LOL

t

naahhh...RTH does all that PLUS she destroys her own god as wellLOL 

btw, tumhari rishton ki paribhasha kitnee khisak gayee hai qwerty bapuShocked  Amma is Maya Maiyya.  Bahni and I are your daughters who are pati ki satayi hui naaris because you are so poor that you couldn't churn up the dowry our sasu maa demandedLOL  Bahni and I are beghar as well - sasu maa threw us outLOL  Remember Dahez sey No Parhez super hit movie script of DMLOL

LOLLOL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged

1. they didnt give it to him so they cant take it from him.. a rule of a civilized society.

We didn't give criminals the right to take others lives, we didn't give criminals all those deadly weapons...... so we can't take it from them huh ?

There is something called as earning....or rather losing in this case....everyone has a right to live until he does such activities which show to the world that he has lost the right to live.

Don't bring shouldn't and should into this sudesh ji,
we all should do "          (fill in the blank) " but we don't do it

I am quite sure people committing crimes of passion wouldn't be given capital punishment, cos its given in the rarest of rare cases, wherein all possibilities of such cases can be eliminated and only certain cases are left wherein "the passion thing" won't work as a defense

Edited by clodpolish - 10 March 2009 at 7:39pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:26pm | IP Logged

We didn't give criminals the right to take others lives, we didn't give criminals all those deadly weapons...... so we can't take it from them huh ?as a matter ofwe gave them the reason and we gave them the weapons too...remember there were no people called terrorists 50 years ago...

There is something called as earning....or rather losing in this case....everyone has a right to live until he does such activities which show to the world that he has lost the right to live. thats your assumption...whenever society doesnt care a criminal is born...

Don't bring shouldn't and should into this sudesh ji,
we all should do "          (fill in the blank) " but we don't do it... ok thats fine

I am quite sure people committing crimes of passion wouldn't be given capital punishment, cos its given in the rarest of rare cases, wherein all possibilities of such cases can be eliminated and only certain cases are left wherein "the passion thing" won't work as a defense your defense is only as good as the lawyer you can afford...so Smile

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 8:46pm | IP Logged

We didn't give criminals the right to take others lives, we didn't give criminals all those deadly weapons...... so we can't take it from them huh ?as a matter ofwe gave them the reason and we gave them the weapons too...remember there were no people called terrorists 50 years ago...
huh ? there weren't terrorists ? or the term wasn't used ?
btw - as we are talking about indirectly doing things (as in we didn't give them those reasons and weapons straightforwardly) , so the criminal was given life by his mother who is part of society only , so the society has the right to take that life away then.

There is something called as earning....or rather losing in this case....everyone has a right to live until he does such activities which show to the world that he has lost the right to live. thats your assumption...whenever society doesnt care a criminal is born... so ?

I am quite sure people committing crimes of passion wouldn't be given capital punishment, cos its given in the rarest of rare cases, wherein all possibilities of such cases can be eliminated and only certain cases are left wherein "the passion thing" won't work as a defense your defense is only as good as the lawyer you can afford...so Smile

We can't talk this way , can we ?

Rarest of rare cases eliminates all these possibilities, and moreover , there is no use using imperfections in the system to prove a point.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top