Debate Mansion

Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apux

Originally posted by angie.4u

ISometimes due to false witnesses or corruption at various levels its possible for a innocent person to B convicted. 

Completely agree with you and it's partly the reason why I don't support capital punishment.  I also think capital punishment is not a big enough punishment for some these ruthless criminals....doesn't death seem like an easy way out for them?  What about the suffering these criminals have caused to their victims and victim's loved ones?  With capital punishment, the punishment of these criminals ends the second they die, but the victims and their loved ones' pain continues!   

if you are comparing capital punishment with lifetime achievement award...oops life term LOL , i'd like to make a point that jails in india , at least , are not well equipped to keep dreaded criminals for a full life term, i mean its quite certain that they would be able to escape. However , thats the case with dreaded criminals , whose work is that only.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Capital Punishment should it be banned or not?? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

apux

IF-Rockerz

apux

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

if you are comparing capital punishment with lifetime achievement award...oops life term LOL , i'd like to make a point that jails in india , at least , are not well equipped to keep dreaded criminals for a full life term, i mean its quite certain that they would be able to escape. However , thats the case with dreaded criminals , whose work is that only.

That is a factor and risk when dealing with criminals...there is that risk that they might escape and commit more crimes.  And it does cost the tax payers a lot of money to maintain these prisons.  Even with all these factors, I still don't think capital punishment is the best answer.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 09 March 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by apux

Originally posted by clodpolish

That is a factor and risk when dealing with criminals...there is that risk that they might escape and commit more crimes.  And it does cost the tax payers a lot of money to maintain these prisons.  Even with all these factors, I still don't think capital punishment is the best answer.

yup, it is not the best,
actually its the most convenient

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 2:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

trustt

Groupbie

trustt

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:27am | IP Logged
i would only repeat my previous statement . A Person who has become habituated to Violent Crimes will not Stop. It is in the brain . even if you waist 1 billion dollars reforming him it still won't work. it is in the brain....
trust me , i have seen some of the worst criminals for my Project.. these guys in High Security measures tend to become more aggressive and start pursuing other criminals with a vendetta.. that is how Gangs are created. they exchange notes in cryptic manner. you need to only kill them.. there is no alternative...
           common ask yourself if your child was abducted by a Nithari Killer would you allow him to stay alive or would you just have this urge to kill him???

If as a person you think you can pardon a Nithari Killer then you are  A SAINT ... LOLLOLLOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:37am | IP Logged
hey its not about condoning any criminal act . punishment worse than death sentence can B given once person is is proved guilty beyond any doubt.  Its the Govt & officials responsibility to C that these criminals do not escape ! We cannot just have capital punishment just due to laxity on part of our govt or Police force.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

^Well said Apux!! People should be given life sentence (that is the correct word, is it not?) and I believe that's a better punishment for them. Also a life sentence might help someone to redeem. Redemption is better than death sentence (though not saying that criminals like rapist, murderers should allowed to get free).

Clodpolish, yeah I agree that in most countires it is quiet difficult to keep dangerous criminals in prison, but then the gov. should take any step for that to make prisons stronger so that they cannot run away, and to make sure the polices aren't taking bribe and all...

Labib
Yeah an opportunity for redemption shud B provided.

qwertyesque

IF-Rockerz

qwertyesque

Posted: 10 March 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Yes it should be banned.. no capital punishment.. nobody as an individual or a society have a right to take somebody's life.... teh gruesomeness of crimes is by-product of evolution and the effect the society has had on the individuals.... the veri existence of terrorism proves that point...

Edited by qwertyesque - 10 March 2009 at 8:03am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top