Debate Mansion

Capital Punishment should it be banned or not??

trustt thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
I have seen News Bits in which the so called Human Rights Activists stand outside court and shout slogans against the ban on Capital Punishment.   It was quite confusing because they were in a way shouting supporting slogans against criminals like "Umesh Reddy , Dhanjay chatterjee, Mohinder Paramar"
Do you think Capital Punishments are good for the society? and yes please add if you feel that there should be Capital Punishment for a crime like Rape.

My opinion is that i support Capital Punishment and believe that there should be more such punishments just like in countries like China, Iran , USA.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Originally posted by: trustt

I have seen News Bits in which the so called Human Rights Activists stand outside court and shout slogans against the ban on Capital Punishment.   It was quite confusing because they were in a way shouting supporting slogans against criminals like "Umesh Reddy , Dhanjay chatterjee, Mohinder Paramar"
Do you think Capital Punishments are good for the society? and yes please add if you feel that there should be Capital Punishment for a crime like Rape.

My opinion is that i support Capital Punishment and believe that there should be more such punishments just like in countries like China, Iran , USA.

yes i support capital punishments ..takeh koi crime karny sy pehly 100 bar sochy  k agr mainy yeh kya toh mjhy yeh punishment mily gi...
yes rape punishment should be death...like in saudi arabia...this is the reason that there are very less cases of rape in saudi arabia...
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I do not support capital Punishment. Speedy trials & enforcement of law would be a more viable move. I do not support capital punishment even for a heinous crime like rape for the simple reason that justice can be miscarried at times. Sometimes due to false witnesses or corruption at various levels its possible for a innocent person to B convicted. If found innocent later on , it would not be possible to reverse a death sentence !
trustt thumbnail
How would you set an example if there is no Capital Punishment? I mean say if a crime is done on somebody who is very personal to you. would you want that criminal to stay alive??
I can't remember the name, but someone had said this: "I even oppose death penalty for the person who killed my own brother". I was really touched with this statement.

I do not supoort capital punishment. The reason being, angie had put it, there can be (and this is really happening frrequently) mistakes in court for which an innocent person get convicted. Now maybe after years we will get to know that the person was innocent, but that wouldn't help the matter--because we cannot reverse death. Hence I prefer life-time sentence, in which a person will spend the rest of his life in jail.
trustt thumbnail
Jails are hate Factories. There is a very good chance that these Scum Bags who are not given Capital Punishment may corrupt others to do the same acts of Crime.
Originally posted by: trustt

Jails are hate Factories. There is a very good chance that these Scum Bags who are not given Capital Punishment may corrupt others to do the same acts of Crime.

Why not keep these 'dangerous' people on a different prison, seperately, so that they wouldn't be able to harm others physically or emotionally?πŸ˜‰

Labib😳
apux thumbnail
Originally posted by: angie.4u

ISometimes due to false witnesses or corruption at various levels its possible for a innocent person to B convicted. 

Completely agree with you and it's partly the reason why I don't support capital punishment.  I also think capital punishment is not a big enough punishment for some these ruthless criminals....doesn't death seem like an easy way out for them?  What about the suffering these criminals have caused to their victims and victim's loved ones?  With capital punishment, the punishment of these criminals ends the second they die, but the victims and their loved ones' pain continues!   
Mindbender thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: apux

Completely agree with you and it's partly the reason why I don't support capital punishment.  I also think capital punishment is not a big enough punishment for some these ruthless criminals....doesn't death seem like an easy way out for them?  What about the suffering these criminals have caused to their victims and victim's loved ones?  With capital punishment, the punishment of these criminals ends the second they die, but the victims and their loved ones' pain continues!   

if you are comparing capital punishment with lifetime achievement award...oops life term πŸ˜† , i'd like to make a point that jails in india , at least , are not well equipped to keep dreaded criminals for a full life term, i mean its quite certain that they would be able to escape. However , thats the case with dreaded criminals , whose work is that only.
apux thumbnail
Originally posted by: clodpolish

if you are comparing capital punishment with lifetime achievement award...oops life term πŸ˜† , i'd like to make a point that jails in india , at least , are not well equipped to keep dreaded criminals for a full life term, i mean its quite certain that they would be able to escape. However , thats the case with dreaded criminals , whose work is that only.

That is a factor and risk when dealing with criminals...there is that risk that they might escape and commit more crimes.  And it does cost the tax payers a lot of money to maintain these prisons.  Even with all these factors, I still don't think capital punishment is the best answer.