Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

eexxoottiicc

IF-Rockerz

eexxoottiicc

Posted: 06 March 2009 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
Hey guys. Okay, well for sometime now I really wanted to read the gossip girl series and I just wanted to know if it's actually worth reading.
Have any of you read the novels?

Edited by xacidous.arshx - 06 March 2009 at 12:04pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gossip Girl" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 08 March 2009 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
I actually haven't.  But would love to know more about what others have to say.

-Mahi

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 08 March 2009 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
Im a fan of the show but never read the books and from what I have seen some people like the show much more and some like the books much more. So, it all depends on personal taste.

ShadowKisses

IF-Dazzler

ShadowKisses

Winner of KSBKBT Debate Champtionship 2

Posted: 12 March 2009 at 5:49pm | IP Logged
I've heard of the show and the books but never found myself drawn because of the frivolity the title implies.

To those who've either read the books or watched the show -- what are the basic premises of Gossip Girl? Are the girls archetypal in nature or do they defy the stereotype of being a mindless drone?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ProdigalStudent

Bollywood_chic

IF-Rockerz

Bollywood_chic

Posted: 03 April 2009 at 6:19pm | IP Logged
Well i haven't read the books. but i am a BIG fan of the show..
yeh at first i thought it's just another kind of Version of the OC, but then as i started watching it, i got drawn in.
Pretty much it's about 6 kids, 2 of them are from the Brooklyn and the rest 5 are from the upper east side of manhattan. It takes us into the lives of the families of these kids and some of them are dysfunctional.. some of the characters are very different but at times you can relate to them..and the basics of the show is that even if you are rich they're gonna b problems and that in one way or another they are normal.

Check it Out!! I'm sure you would like it, my friend is not a fan of anything like this before but she's in love with Gossip Girl.. d
do read it or watch the show..

Hope it Helped!!

xxSonia

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 04 April 2009 at 4:58pm | IP Logged
Okay, I have to tell you guys this story.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I went to the book-store where I used to buy my books from, I saw that Gossip GIrl Series. But I was never attracted to that because the story sounded SO chic lit type. YEah, anyways... then I came across the TV Show on a site and firs ignored it for obvious reasons. But some time later I decided to give it a try and started watching it. After watching first two-three episodes I realized I had been right about the book. It's absolute chic lit. But somehow I still kept watching the show and now one and a half seasons later I find myself desperately waiting for the next episodes. Anyways, o cut it short: YOU GET ADDICTED AFTER 4 TO 5 EPISODES!

However, I'm still not sure if I'd read the books... maybe sme day.

My tip to all you guys, don't be prejudiced. Give it a try and decide AFTER reading or watching if you wanna continue.

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 04 April 2009 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Navi

Im a fan of the show but never read the books and from what I have seen some people like the show much more and some like the books much more. So, it all depends on personal taste.

Hey, your Leighton siggy is really gorgeous. She's so pretty. LOVE her and Chuck. GAWD!

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 06 April 2009 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
I guess I'm the first one to reply of those who've read them Laugh Out Loud

First things first --- The books are supremely inferior to the show.

The plot in the books is repetitive, and the same themes are explored time and time again, the most obvious being cheating/switching partners. However, if you are looking for an absolutely mindless read or a time-pass from which you seek no intellectual, or even spiritual pleasure, these books fit the bill. Still, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone --- simply because they would not even do justice to the phrase "guilty pleasure." By the time I stuck through to the later books, the story was going in circles, which really defies the purpose of a plot.

ShadowKisses - Serena/Blair are stereotypical high-school girls, who happen to be filthy rich, living it up on the Upper East Side. The issues explored in the books pertain to just that, and I would conclude from my experience that yes, it indeed one mindless drone.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top